LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

1 hour ago, Ajerezcl said:

effectively, it is tuned to decrease exhaust noise below 3000 rpm. Above 3000 progressively releases the sound.

It works by generating negative feedback that suppresses sound waves for the frequencies to which it was tuned.

Skip my mistake from shifting to cutting jajajaja

Not to bad, need to hear it from the back of the car. I think it could be a bit louder.

20 hours ago, NORULZleggy said:

Ugg dealing with a dead battery, so I have to drive my daily 😄. First world problems. My battery in the LGT I bought in may this year and it was reading .43 on my tester and old school meter. this is why I should have bought an AGM battery instead on mid level. I playing next time. My Interstate battery never gave me problems. Should have went back with that.

I'll put this out there,  When I bought my 05 LGT it had an optima redtop that was from 2006.  It finally kicked the bucket in 2019.  I replaced it with another redtop because that's a solid battery.  quite sure it lived most of its life, if not all of it, up in Alaska as well.

38 minutes ago, bobglaub said:

I'll put this out there,  When I bought my 05 LGT it had an optima redtop that was from 2006.  It finally kicked the bucket in 2019.  I replaced it with another redtop because that's a solid battery.  quite sure it lived most of its life, if not all of it, up in Alaska as well.

I got it recharged from where I bought it, it test great. Car start like crazy which it never did before. I think I will look at a redtop or AGM batt next. I thought the optima batt had a problem or where not as great as they used to be.

Drove her for the last time today, had the smog done and air pressue checked,sadly she'll be going to a new home tomorrow.

Shipped the custom JMP VF40 (never opened) off to NC too!

It's going to be tough to let her go, awesome wagon, always been very reliable, looks amazing in and out and the driving experience, wow! :(.

BBS.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

What someone else did to my GT today.88B3C63C-00B0-436B-A5C0-AC41F2ADDFFC.thumb.jpeg.435bb263bfa6f15175b1ba1ed671914c.jpeg42DFF626-B364-4B46-9675-8F215C48673A.thumb.jpeg.0744732c8a4538783799154cb4a655f5.jpeg8D4122C2-9F74-4A6A-88D2-2DB9C7D8D02A.thumb.jpeg.520bd2499683521ca90f639d5d8781e5.jpeg

Le Sigh.

Not the end of the world, but still. Kid pulled into traffic on a main road intersection as I was going through at ~55km/h.

Good having all new brakes at 4 corners…. I wasn’t moving fast when he hit me, but still.

Fingers crossed the adjuster rules I was not at fault. It’s not so bad, but it won’t be a cheap fix either. I mean, the car needs paint and bodywork anyhow, but this makes me sad.

• Sad 3

If that ding is the extent of the damage, a quick look around in a local junkyard for a clean fender would save you or insurance so much money. If/when you get a quote for paint/body from a shop the insurance deems appropriate, I'd take the cash the check and pick up another fender from the Pick n Pull for $50 or so. Not sure if insurance acts differently in your country YMMV

MILKRUN  - Click Here

On 9/3/2022 at 1:07 AM, Ajerezcl said:

Today installed cusco chasis braces, i can't wait to sunday for testing the improvent in circuit.

In addition, change stock mid exhaust to HKS pipeline. JDM parts are awesome Quality in details, can see "Y" section of exhaust line its perfect.

IMG_20220902_092728.jpg

IMG_20220902_093621.jpg

IMG_20220826_161339.jpg

i testing the chassis upgrade in circuit last saturday. I can feel the Improvement of the performance at fast curves.

My best time are 2:00.434. For reference, one BMW 335IS N54 with 400 HP turn arround that 1:50.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Febreze Mee said:

If that ding is the extent of the damage, a quick look around in a local junkyard for a clean fender would save you or insurance so much money. If/when you get a quote for paint/body from a shop the insurance deems appropriate, I'd take the cash the check and pick up another fender from the Pick n Pull for $50 or so. Not sure if insurance acts differently in your country YMMV

Yeah. I have some questions to ask about how that works. This is my first collision where there is damage that is probably worth more than my deductible. (Second ever, and the first was sliding a bit on a frosted bridge and kissing bumpers…) I don’t know if insurance here will just cut a check for less than a write-off.

Ideally, because this was totally not my fault, it has nothing to do with *my* insurance and won’t effect my deductibles or insurance rating.

I’ll need to weight some things, but I also have to consider that I found a set of pristine stock rims, which are hard to get now, and the potential of damage to steering components. I just installed *all* new suspension parts and a rack. If there is any damage to the rest of that, and I don’t have a shop asses that, I’m SOL.

That said, I had planned to remedy all the bodywork and get a full paint job when I’ve saved enough for it, so the blue fender I have in my parts stash may be a candidate at this point.

Just a little disheartening after spending $$$ to get her to where she is, and only enjoying the ‘stage 2+’ goodness before being hit by someone….

• Sad 1

I would just source a new fender. 

Might be easier and cheaper than having it repaired.  I don't know though, might also be more expensive. 

Last time I checked they had some unpainted ones on rock auto. but usually there's always someone somewhere parting one out and maybe you can find one.  Or ebay.  fenders are really light, just bulky.

• Thanks 1

Started degreasing/steam cleaning the bottom of the engine.  I noticed this dent when I was doing motor mounts, and thought I could replace it later.  Then I noticed the mounts need to come back out to get to the back bolts.  Does this dent on the oil pan look like something I should worry about? (pickup point near there?) or should I just leave it?  There is no leaks from that area. 

306524317_1227769731113520_6468929081799139634_n.jpg

There *is* a Legacy up the road being parted, and I've got a set of doors in the correct colour in my basement, if it comes to that.

I pay for comprehensive/collision on the GT tho, so as long as the insurance company rules I was not at fault, it's going to be the others guys insurance footing the bill. Part of me wants to DIY this and save someone money, but I have practically zero free time right now, and getting a free rental car while mine gets worked on by a professional sounds pretty good to me.

If it doesn't go that way, and I need to pay out my $1000 deductible, then things may change, and I'll have to start thinking about how to better spend that money. A full-car respray will be like $4-5K in my area. If I'm not fully covered, I think the money might be better spent being put towards that.... No idea what it will take to refinish the wheel, I expect that could also be fairly expensive.

EDIT: Seems that I was deemed to be "Not at fault" in any way for the collision. So, no change to my insurance ratings or premiums. Insurance will take care of all the repairs at a professional repair shop, at no charge to me at all, and provide a rental while that happens. It's going to cost someone more money than a DIY fix, but there is no option to collect a cheque rather than have repairs done. The only sensible thing to do is to let someone else take care of now. It could've been much worse, nobody was hurt and someone else will spend their time doing the repair. (I've learned my lesson there, nobody else works on my junk but me any longer... except for bodywork and paint.)

Edited by KZJonny

39 minutes ago, pksystems said:

Started degreasing/steam cleaning the bottom of the engine.  I noticed this dent when I was doing motor mounts, and thought I could replace it later.  Then I noticed the mounts need to come back out to get to the back bolts.  Does this dent on the oil pan look like something I should worry about? (pickup point near there?) or should I just leave it?  There is no leaks from that area. 

Shouldn’t be near the pickup at all, no… that is closer to the front of the pan.

You’re losing a little oil capacity, but that should be about the worst of it for now… If you have an oil pressure gauge to confirm good pressure, then maybe a problem for another day?

18 hours ago, KZJonny said:

What someone else did to my GT today.88B3C63C-00B0-436B-A5C0-AC41F2ADDFFC.thumb.jpeg.435bb263bfa6f15175b1ba1ed671914c.jpeg42DFF626-B364-4B46-9675-8F215C48673A.thumb.jpeg.0744732c8a4538783799154cb4a655f5.jpeg8D4122C2-9F74-4A6A-88D2-2DB9C7D8D02A.thumb.jpeg.520bd2499683521ca90f639d5d8781e5.jpeg

Le Sigh.

Not the end of the world, but still. Kid pulled into traffic on a main road intersection as I was going through at ~55km/h.

Good having all new brakes at 4 corners…. I wasn’t moving fast when he hit me, but still.

Fingers crossed the adjuster rules I was not at fault. It’s not so bad, but it won’t be a cheap fix either. I mean, the car needs paint and bodywork anyhow, but this makes me sad.

It also needs less wheel gap geez lol. Well that does suck. See if it messed up your suspension also😉 so it can get  lowww

4 minutes ago, NORULZleggy said:

It also needs less wheel gap geez lol. Well that does suck. See if it messed up your suspension also😉 so it can get  lowww

Haha! I was lower when I bought it. I unlowered it, and put some in fresh Spec B Bilsteins. You need to see the roads where I live…

Handles far better now than it did, and maintains stock appearance which is the goal. It was also originally on 18”s, which went away to he replaced with the mint condition stock rims I found…

2 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

Haha! I was lower when I bought it. I unlowered it, and put some in fresh Spec B Bilsteins. You need to see the roads where I live…

Handles far better now than it did, and maintains stock appearance which is the goal. It was also originally on 18”s, which went away to he replaced with the mint condition stock rims I found…

I have 18s, another set of 17s, and my stock wheels also. I am lowered with some gap. These cars just look better a bit lower.

Edited by NORULZleggy

30 minutes ago, NORULZleggy said:

I have 18s, another set of 17s, and my stock wheels also. I am lowered with some gap. These cars just look better a bit lower.

Hey man, can't argue with personal taste! Low isn't my thing, and the car is lower than stock already, on the Bilsteins. It was on STi pinks when I bought it, and there was damage to the undertrays, and scrape marks all over the stock exhaust and a little on the front clip. This car will pull a trailer, or a go down unmaintained gravel roads to get to a hiking trailhead or mountain biking day, so if I have to sacrifice wheel gap to keep all the bits underneath it looking speccy, that's a tradeoff I'm more than happy to make...

Of course, on the topic, it looks crap with impact damage to the fender, so let's just see how that works out. 😕

Still loving my new-to-me Spec B, but I couldn't stand not being able to mod anything with the audio.  The factory head unit wasn't terrible, but it significantly limited any aftermarket changes.

So, I sprung for the AVO-JDM Double Din kit with an Android Auto head unit.PXL_20220914_033251520.thumb.jpg.80479ed4a4daab99d06aab7519709418.jpg

Snuck the USB port into the cig lighter hole.  Wired everything I could while it was on the bench.  Plugged everything in and everything worked first try.  Perfect starting point for better speakers, a sub, and whatever else.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pksystems said:

I agree, that oil pan is fine. FWIW, I did just replace mine because it rusted out and began leaking. It's fairly easy to replace. If you have a floor jack

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

On 9/13/2022 at 10:51 AM, JJr said:

Drove her for the last time today, had the smog done and air pressue checked,sadly she'll be going to a new home tomorrow.

Shipped the custom JMP VF40 (never opened) off to NC too!

It's going to be tough to let her go, awesome wagon, always been very reliable, looks amazing in and out and the driving experience, wow! :(.

BBS.jpg

My baby is gone, I still can't believe I let her go, 30 something mother of a 16 month old, she never even got it above 3k, lol, she'll run for a long while since I normally drove like a grandpa. It's been fun guys, this forum was a blast. Off to the Alfa Romeo forums to make my GTV look better than the one below. She'll be Anthracite Gray with Red Leather interior.Thank you everyone over the years.

1971-Alfa-Romeo-1750-GTV.jpg

Edited by JJr
  • Sad 3

I'm buying a set of koni's that were never installed.   After sending payment the seller sent me this photo, said they were stored in the basement and exposed to moisture.  Not concerned with the slight surface rust but is the different lengths something to worry about? 

Screenshot_20220915-072018_Messenger.jpg

22 hours ago, KZJonny said:

Hey man, can't argue with personal taste! Low isn't my thing, and the car is lower than stock already, on the Bilsteins. It was on STi pinks when I bought it, and there was damage to the undertrays, and scrape marks all over the stock exhaust and a little on the front clip. This car will pull a trailer, or a go down unmaintained gravel roads to get to a hiking trailhead or mountain biking day, so if I have to sacrifice wheel gap to keep all the bits underneath it looking speccy, that's a tradeoff I'm more than happy to make...

Of course, on the topic, it looks crap with impact damage to the fender, so let's just see how that works out. 😕

Well that makes since if you going to be going on trails and hiking. You might even lift it a few inches. 

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2022 at 11:58 AM, SilentJ20 said:

Still loving my new-to-me Spec B, but I couldn't stand not being able to mod anything with the audio.  The factory head unit wasn't terrible, but it significantly limited any aftermarket changes.

So, I sprung for the AVO-JDM Double Din kit with an Android Auto head unit.PXL_20220914_033251520.thumb.jpg.80479ed4a4daab99d06aab7519709418.jpg

Snuck the USB port into the cig lighter hole.  Wired everything I could while it was on the bench.  Plugged everything in and everything worked first try.  Perfect starting point for better speakers, a sub, and whatever else.

That’s awesome. Can you share the parts needed to get the USB port? My head unit has the ability to do Apple CarPlay but wired. This would help me out when I finally get around doing it. 

This is what I used:

USB

I was probably looking at one that had a passthrough for the heat unit asking with a charge-only usb-c, but it was out of stock.

I had to use the small plastic ring from the original cig lighter, and I had to cut & flip out the rubber tabs on the USB adapter to make it stay. It's not perfect and I'm not sure that's where I'll keep it (can't close the flap and that bugs me haha).  Nothing of the car was cut out damaged though, so I can go back to original pretty easy