LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

So my header cracked a couple of weeks ago, car sounded like something had broken in the motor.  Header re-welded and back up and running.  Addressed a few coolant leaks but noticed I need to change an axle seal, and put in a new rear diff seal as it is also leaking a little bit.  Will be changing out my shifter bushings, engine mounts to a set of group n ones, as well as changing the rear diff carrier & bushings to a cusco one with upgraded bushings this weekend.

• Like 4

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

Today installed cusco chasis braces, i can't wait to sunday for testing the improvent in circuit.

In addition, change stock mid exhaust to HKS pipeline. JDM parts are awesome Quality in details, can see "Y" section of exhaust line its perfect.

IMG_20220902_092728.jpg

IMG_20220902_093621.jpg

IMG_20220826_161339.jpg

• Like 5

I dunno why this keeps happening, but everytime I start to modify something, I find the aftermarket version of what I'm making on FB marketplace for cheap.

Picked up Aeromotive billet side feed fuel rails, 5/8 hose for a new turbo drain, tuner lugnuts,  and a pound of eastwood translucent red powder coat powder for the brembos. 

20220903_153044.jpg

So my new side mirrors are installed and I love them, but the driver side blinker doesn't work.  The bulbs must be toast bc it's getting power, all other functions are good to go.

Does anyone have a spare/working driver side blinker laying around?  Part number is - 84401AG052

blinkin.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BoozeRS05 said:

So my new side mirrors are installed and I love them, but the driver side blinker doesn't work.  The bulbs must be toast bc it's getting power, all other functions are good to go.

Does anyone have a spare/working driver side blinker laying around?  Part number is - 84401AG052

blinkin.jpg

There are no bulbs in these turn lights, they are LED. Did you check the polarity of the signal you are feeding it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

On 9/5/2022 at 9:58 AM, BoozeRS05 said:

As others have said, check the polarity. I believe when I went to the facelift side view mirrors, I had to change polarity (repin) one of the connectors in the housing or you can repin at the main connector possibly. As stated, they are LED's and low likelihood of 'burning' out. They are polarity sensitive 

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

The passenger side was directly plug and play, all functions go (no power folding wires). The connector at the driver side blinker is receiving power, so I’ll try switching the pins and see if that works.

I knew they were LEDs I just misspoke, and I also understand them to be very durable too. I assumed the likelihood of them burning out was minimal, but I felt like I checked everything.

I keep getting this intermittent issue with my MAF wiring harness where the long term fuel corrections peg negative (-15%) with poor throttle response. I then have to wiggle the MAF wiring harness at the MAF and it fixes itself :mad:. (fuel corrections go right away+15% to compensate). Getting annoying. Pretty sure it is a bad ground connection (I believe most right wire looking at the MAF from front of the car -- it's the thickest wire). I'll probably go ahead and install a new connector.

On 9/3/2022 at 12:07 AM, Ajerezcl said:

Today installed cusco chasis braces, i can't wait to sunday for testing the improvent in circuit.

In addition, change stock mid exhaust to HKS pipeline. JDM parts are awesome Quality in details, can see "Y" section of exhaust line its perfect.

IMG_20220902_092728.jpg

IMG_20220902_093621.jpg

IMG_20220826_161339.jpg

What does this double thing do in the center??

Installed new OEM WRX motor mounts.   Pretty easy with an engine hoist and half the engine removed.  All bolts undone from front of engine.

I'm not sure the mounts in the car were actually blown.   There was a large strip of loose rubber around passenger mount, but nothing on drivers side.

Ugg dealing with a dead battery, so I have to drive my daily 😄. First world problems. My battery in the LGT I bought in may this year and it was reading .43 on my tester and old school meter. this is why I should have bought an AGM battery instead on mid level. I playing next time. My Interstate battery never gave me problems. Should have went back with that.

On 9/7/2022 at 11:49 AM, jaylew said:

It is tuned to reduce certain resonant frequencies to eliminate drone 

effectively, it is tuned to decrease exhaust noise below 3000 rpm. Above 3000 progressively releases the sound.

It works by generating negative feedback that suppresses sound waves for the frequencies to which it was tuned.

Skip my mistake from shifting to cutting jajajaja

• Like 1