LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Getting ready to install koni's with h&r springs so I started pb blasting all the nuts and bolts.  I was wondering if I should let the suspension settle before taking it for alignment?  A buddy said to drive at least 100 miles but I don't want to shred the tires.   

The only place around that has lifetime alignment is Firestone and you can only bring your car in every 6 months/6k miles.  I'll try calling a few places today and see if they'll work with me.  Might try to pull a string alignment, drive it for 100 miles and bring it in. 

7 hours ago, ohno06gt said:

The only place around that has lifetime alignment is Firestone and you can only bring your car in every 6 months/6k miles.  I'll try calling a few places today and see if they'll work with me.  Might try to pull a string alignment, drive it for 100 miles and bring it in. 

when calling, ask if you can get the most experienced person to do the work and ask if you can watch

Tell them up front if you don't want the factory alignment.

If you can find a motorsports shop, they'll understand a bit better 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ohno06gt said:

When did this change? I've been told I could come in every day if I wanted to. I've definitely been in 3 times in a month because I was playing with my suspension.

I've "trained" my firestone alignment guy on how to do mine to how I like it.

This morning while driving to work I heard a small knock then looked at my oil pressure which was below 10 psi. I shut it down immediately, waited and restarted. It drove fine without noises and oil pressure was good. I took it home at lunch and had to stop for the same issue twice more.

It's most likely oil pump backing plate bolts. I thought I used loctite when assembling them but maybe I didn't. I'll order a new pump and hopefully install this weekend.

I'm really thankful I don't have any unwanted noises from the shortblock. I'll strain the oil to check for any glitter.

1 hour ago, rhino6303 said:

This morning while driving to work I heard a small knock then looked at my oil pressure which was below 10 psi. I shut it down immediately, waited and restarted. It drove fine without noises and oil pressure was good. I took it home at lunch and had to stop for the same issue twice more.

It's most likely oil pump backing plate bolts. I thought I used loctite when assembling them but maybe I didn't. I'll order a new pump and hopefully install this weekend.

I'm really thankful I don't have any unwanted noises from the shortblock. I'll strain the oil to check for any glitter.

Meh just build it to stage 5 lol. Don't you love the things these cars do. lol I feel you man, when my car just shut down iwas like 🙄 geez.

Got hung up today on ther koni/h&r install.  Lower bolt through the knuckle wouldn't break loose on passenger side.   Pb blasted it, torched it, hammered it with the impact countless times and it wouldn't budge.  Thinking about mixing up some atf and acetone.  

32 minutes ago, ohno06gt said:

Got hung up today on ther koni/h&r install.  Lower bolt through the knuckle wouldn't break loose on passenger side.   Pb blasted it, torched it, hammered it with the impact countless times and it wouldn't budge.  Thinking about mixing up some atf and acetone.  

I’ve had really good luck with FreeAll on things that didn’t want to come loose, if you can find it. Kroil is great too, of course, but super spendy.

ATF/acetone is my go to when I can apply it well in advance. If find it takes a day or so to really work…

While I search the ancient archives.. does anyone have a quick link regarding interior swaps? Specifically 07 sedan to 05 wagon. Quick part number comparisons have more differences than I thought. 

Edit: Wadup son

Edited by seanyb505

1 hour ago, ohno06gt said:

Have you tried tightening the nut first?

Also, another vote for kroil. I hit everything with the aerosol version a few times before my suspension and didn't have any issues.

• Like 2

Wanted to get the water drops out of my fog lamps.

PO had installed HIDs and cut big holes in the back of the housing, so they’d get wet after a drive through rain and puddles.

Housing covers from the parts box and a hairdryer took care of the problem.image.thumb.jpg.57d2da896d6001876ae9dc85784f39cb.jpg

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 2

Went to wagonfest at dirtfish. It was great seeing all the lgt wagons. Seeing Gex's yellow wrapped wagon, Gunnar's wagon with new paint, ckwaters's well-upgraded 3.0R, and many others. Febreezeme's NA outback with a madrig scooped lgt hood continues to be a head scratcher.  :)

A couple hours looking at wagons, selling mine seems like a crappy idea. It's been parked for a long time but race gas is holding steady at $10/gal. Seems cheap when 91 is $5

• Like 5

On 9/23/2022 at 10:16 PM, seanyb505 said:

Have you tried tightening the nut first?

Also, another vote for kroil. I hit everything with the aerosol version a few times before my suspension and didn't have any issues.

Yes I tried tightening first but these suspension bolts are still fighting me.   Yesterday I soaked everything in acetone/atf and still have 2 that won't budge.   I put the wrench on and tried to break free with the jack, started raising the whole car off the jack stands.  450 ft. Lb impact isn't touching them.  I have some aero-kroil getting here today so hopefully that helps me out.

2 hours ago, ohno06gt said:

Yes I tried tightening first but these suspension bolts are still fighting me.   Yesterday I soaked everything in acetone/atf and still have 2 that won't budge.   I put the wrench on and tried to break free with the jack, started raising the whole car off the jack stands.  450 ft. Lb impact isn't touching them.  I have some aero-kroil getting here today so hopefully that helps me out.

450ft-lb electric isn't same as 450ft-lb air. also a 4' pipe on a hf breaker bar often works. if a friend can hit the bolt at the same time, helps too

3 hours ago, boxkita said:

450ft-lb electric isn't same as 450ft-lb air. also a 4' pipe on a hf breaker bar often works. if a friend can hit the bolt at the same time, helps too

Yep, the homemade impact works a lot, (4ft pipe and hitting the head with a 5lb hammer.)

Also agree air impact is much better. 450ftlbs is nothing.

• Like 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here