LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I hit the Dyno Monday, the car is finally done. the car is on 93 only Not E-85. I made 331HP/369TQ. I do have the Proof and will post it. I have all supporting mods with the new Hybird gt25 turbo (It's like an 16-18G, closer to 18g with custom wheel and other bits) it's still a VF52 but rebuilt. yes It was a Brand new VF52 from subaru that I had them custom make after about 4k miles. You can see my new 3inch on. it made the mufflers a bit weird but it's not a big deal cause the performance is what I really wanted. it made a very big deal with the flow.  it's Nameless performance and the way its made they had to make the mufflers off a tad. 6200 miles on the build and now back in the garage pretty much unless it is nice in the winter days a head. I will post the dyno sheet once I get back home.

Big thanks to Max and his build link, and all the other OG's on the site for help. This took about 4 years. STI brakes next, then once the trans goes STI 6MT with DCCD.

331HP/369TQ - NON- E85 I do have the whole build list if people want to know.

lgtd1.jpg

lgtd2.jpg

Edited by NORULZleggy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some worm clamps around the exhaust hangers should help pull things back into place with the exhaust. I was able to get my mufflers centered nicely doing that at least.

I grabbed some RBP front and rear spats recently, looking forward to installing those.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NORULZleggy said:

I hit the Dyno Monday, the car is finally done. the car is on 93 only Not E-85. I made 331HP/369TQ. I do have the Proof and will post it. I have all supporting mods with the new Hybird gt25 turbo (It's like an 16-18G, closer to 18g with custom wheel and other bits) it's still a VF52 but rebuilt. yes It was a Brand new VF52 from subaru that I had them custom make after about 4k miles. You can see my new 3inch on. it made the mufflers a bit weird but it's not a big deal cause the performance is what I really wanted. it made a very big deal with the flow.  it's Nameless performance and the way its made they had to make the mufflers off a tad. 6200 miles on the build and now back in the garage pretty much unless it is nice in the winter days a head. I will post the dyno sheet once I get back home.

Big thanks to Max and his build link, and all the other OG's on the site for help. This took about 4 years. STI brakes next, then once the trans goes STI 6MT with DCCD.

lgtd1.jpg

lgtd2.jpg

Curious about what the turbo specs are? I had to look up what a gt25 even is.

Since yours is in a VF52 frame, does that mean it has Garrett internals stuffed into it?

Congrats! Nice number for pump gas and a relatively small turbo. I wonder what my JMP custom VF40 makes, but I don’t suppose I’ll find out any time soon.

Enjoy the “new” car.

8 hours ago, NORULZleggy said:

lgtd1.jpg

lgtd2.jpg

Did Pavel build the turbo?

What did I do today? I drove it!  Got it back from the shop Monday evening and drove it to work yesterday and today (75 mile round-trip).  Feels great but gotta drive it like a granny.  The shop wants me to keep it out of boost for 1500 miles.  That aint easy to do, it spools fast and I think I've hit 10psi twice now just for a second when I gave it a bit too much throttle. Bring it in at 500 miles for the first oil change, again at 1000 miles, and then at 1500 miles they'll do the final break-in oil change and retune for the new turbo.  That seems like an awfully long break-in but given how long my commute is it'll only be about 5 weeks.  Only issue is there's an oil leak somewhere and it smells like burned oil so hopefully they'll fix that at the first oil change.  Didn't notice it dripping on the ground at work and can't see anything sticking my head under the hood.  I am hearing what I think is some piston slap when it's cold but goes away pretty quick as it warms up. Guess that's to be expected with forged pistons?

Really hope this engine lasts so I can get to work on the rest of the car...

• Like 2

Last weekend I did an oil change on my LGT and as I was cleaning up I realized i'd grabbed the wrong jug of oil and had put 0w-20 in the car.  She has been sitting and today I get to do another oil change.  Luckily i have the Fumoto valve so oil changes are easy, still a PITA when I JUST did it though.  

I'm an idiot.  don't be like me.  pay attention.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bobglaub said:

Last weekend I did an oil change on my LGT and as I was cleaning up I realized i'd grabbed the wrong jug of oil and had put 0w-20 in the car.  She has been sitting and today I get to do another oil change.  Luckily i have the Fumoto valve so oil changes are easy, still a PITA when I JUST did it though.  

I'm an idiot.  don't be like me.  pay attention.  

Yet again, another one for that old thread, what did I hackster up today. You younger members may not have seen that thread.

Hey at least you got a flushing done of the oil system.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Did the DRL disable mod. Had it on my "to do" list for the car for a good while. Looked up how to do it here and it's as simple as unplugging a single connector in the footwell 🙃

Oh well, at least it was easy. Just hate how many H7 bulbs went into the garbage in such a short time because of it. Whoever at Subaru thought using those bulbs as running lights was a good idea needs a slap upside the head with a stick.

In the process of completely blacking out headlights and adding switch back turn signals.

While also diagnosing a bad knock that likes to occur when turning the wheel a few degrees. Perrin endlinks are as tight as can be so Im assuming the strut shat the bed after changing out the cv. 

It's easier to get to than the rear oil galley port that's at the back of the engine?

You could retain the stock and put a T or Y splitter in, or just ignore it and only use the aftermarket gauge? I'd be curious to find a workaround for the dashlight, just cause I wouldn't wan to have A) use tape on the cluster or B) look at it being on all the time.

I can recommend the $10 remote sender diy. Been very happy with mine for over a year now, but unfortunately I didn’t wire the power correctly and I can save settings, such as muting the horrible startup BEEEEP

• Like 2

Started cleaning the black interior pieces I picked up. As of now I just have the front seats, carpet, and center console. Leather on the seats seem to be a pretty good condition compared to my tan garbage. I'm sure I'm going to have to swap around parts on the passenger seat as it's an 07 into my 05.

I'd also like to find a solution to "repaint" the soft touch surfaces of the console. It's in better shape, but the weird covering is peeling just the same. I'd like the work of swapping interiors to actually be worth it in terms of quality.

On 10/7/2022 at 11:15 AM, ohno06gt said:

Oil pressure gauge is the next thing I'm doing to this car.  I see alot of people use the spot under the alternator for the sensor.  Any reason why you chose that spot? 

I didn't think I could fit this huge sensor under the alternator  with a tee, if I could find one.  The stock threading under the alternator is BSPT I think?  I already had a oil plug that fit in rear port, NPT taps, and Home Depot racing supplies gift cards for the fittings. :) 

I had everything pulled off the engine anyway.

Installed my TGV's and started looking at the billet fuel rails I picked up awhile ago.  The directions say to use the front and middle port for the feed/return and cap the rear, which doesn't make any sense to me.  Upon test fitting the rail I now see why.  It looks like intake camshaft sensor (?) is right in the way.  I'll see if I can find a fitting that clears the connector.

Test fit eBay radiator. Mount points look good.  The height appears identical, possibly a bit shorter, the main hose fittings appear the same size, but I did notice one hose barb is smaller.  The line that runs from the passenger side of the radiator to the turbo coolant reservoir is undersized.  This radiator was listed as fitting 2008+ WRX which should also fit Legacy.  My silicone hose (also for WRX) kit came with an undersized line for this position that fits. 

OEM Legacy is 1/2", this radiator is 5/16"

Anyone know if the WRX fitting is in-fact smaller?  I can get a barb adapter, and put a joiner between the rad and the reservoir, or I can get someone to weld on a larger fitting.

PXL_20221008_160652956.jpg

PXL_20221008_195127635.jpg

Edited by pksystems

Well I found the source of my oil pressure loss. I messaged Killer B to ask about next steps. I hope they'll help me out. I'm really concerned at this point of losing my engine at this point. I'll change oil frequently a few tines and hope for the best I guess.

20221008_121427.jpg

20221008_122000.jpg

20221008_121512.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Fun weekend, installed some ISC N1 V2 race coilovers with 10kg front and 8kg rear rates, drives way better than my KYB and H&R spring setup. I'm in love with my sedan again, got a cel again for p0304, reset, raise idle ignore some more until I am ready to pull the engine and make it new again. 😜

Cut the oil filter and found a glitter show. Yay. I'm really curious how this will play out with Killer B. I'm hoping I don't have to pay for an entire new engine on my own but I'm not optimistic.

20221009_182341.jpg

IMG_20221009_182742.jpg

Edited by rhino6303
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, rhino6303 said:

Cut the oil filter and found a glitter show. Yay. I'm really curious how this will play out with Killer B. I'm hoping I don't have to pay for an entire new engine on my own but I'm not optimistic.

20221009_182341.jpg

IMG_20221009_182742.jpg

Ugh. Hope you find a resolution with Killer B.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

On 10/8/2022 at 1:36 PM, rhino6303 said:

Well I found the source of my oil pressure loss. I messaged Killer B to ask about next steps. I hope they'll help me out. I'm really concerned at this point of losing my engine at this point. I'll change oil frequently a few tines and hope for the best I guess.

20221008_121427.jpg

20221008_122000.jpg

20221008_121512.jpg

2 hours ago, rhino6303 said:

20221009_182341.jpg

IMG_20221009_182742.jpg

So sorry man. So the pick up is fine but some baffle welds have failed? Is this a first? Never ever heard of failure of their parts. I also have their pick up tube (since 2013) but still oem pan.