LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Probably somewhere debating "selling it all and getting out of the legacy game." He seems to do that about once a year, but no one actually buys that huge tote of jdm magazines featuring legacys, so he sticks around another 12 months lol

Boxkitty just replied to my build thread the other day!

None of my 12v were receiving power to them, and the light below the in-dash 12v never worked since I bought the car last March. I finally dove into the issue as it bothered me that everything except the 12v, and passenger seat heater were in working order. I have a burning hatred for all things electrical bc I fail to wrap my head around the simple concepts, and am scared of ruing other things with the dark magic that the flow of current is.

Popped out fuses #13 & #20. Viola! Blown fuse. I screamed out of excitement when I saw a blown fuse. I wish I checked sooner as I've had no way to charge my phone in the car since I've owned it, and have been terrified to take longer trips out bc of this. Grabbed fuses from the gold car, threw them in. Swapped out bulbs from extra interior bits I have, and we were back in business. All 12v and lights work, and I couldn't be happier. I ended up blowing fuse #17 after replacing the other two, but I replaced that one and all is well now.

Next task: Figure out why my driver's seat heater functions properly (lights up and heats up), and the passenger's seat doesn't function at all (no light and no heat).

MILKRUN  - Click Here

About a week ago, 5th gear exited the chat on the way to work.. I always told myself that if this ever happens, I'll do a 6mt swap. I found one.. wish me luck!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Were you boosting pretty hard when it happened?

I just noticed that you have an 08. I bought the Gate kit and forgot to purchase the 'final two seals' you mentioned in your post :rolleyes:. Now, my kit had a seal for that outer bolt with the spring though. But yeah, no seal for the pressure sensor o-ring.

My pump is also slightly different than the one MrSubaru1387 refreshed:

, you will see he is changing two orings there (a blue and a green one). My pump only had a spot for the blue one.

Strange - mine had a spot for both of those rings. Didn't expect the difference to be that big between 05 & 08! Also, I can also mail you a few of those pressure sensor o-rings if you'd like. Just lemme know in PMs.

Boxkitty just replied to my build thread the other day!

None of my 12v were receiving power to them, and the light below the in-dash 12v never worked since I bought the car last March. I finally dove into the issue as it bothered me that everything except the 12v, and passenger seat heater were in working order. I have a burning hatred for all things electrical bc I fail to wrap my head around the simple concepts, and am scared of ruing other things with the dark magic that the flow of current is.

Popped out fuses #13 & #20. Viola! Blown fuse. I screamed out of excitement when I saw a blown fuse. I wish I checked sooner as I've had no way to charge my phone in the car since I've owned it, and have been terrified to take longer trips out bc of this. Grabbed fuses from the gold car, threw them in. Swapped out bulbs from extra interior bits I have, and we were back in business. All 12v and lights work, and I couldn't be happier. I ended up blowing fuse #17 after replacing the other two, but I replaced that one and all is well now.

Next task: Figure out why my driver's seat heater functions properly (lights up and heats up), and the passenger's seat doesn't function at all (no light and no heat).

I can lend you an extra seat heater switch next time I see you so you can see if the switch is the issue. Both seat heaters appear to be on the same fuse so it’s probably the switch.

Strange - mine had a spot for both of those rings. Didn't expect the difference to be that big between 05 & 08! Also, I can also mail you a few of those pressure sensor o-rings if you'd like. Just lemme know in PMs.

It was on my 06. Not sure if the 05 will be the same. If I can't find the right oring for the pressure sensor, you may get a PM from me!

On a side note, there is a bolt with an allen head on the side of the pump. I am wondering if there is a seal there too.

Drove mine for the 1st time in 3 months, break in weather, no snow, 45 degrees, damn she runs great and is so fun!

Looks like I'm going to sell her come spring, original owner, I just dumped $3.5k into her too, stupid. I have a Alfa Romeo I'm restoring and the wife won't let me have both taking up garage space.

I know I will regret this decision!

Edited by JJr

Drove mine for the 1st time in 3 months, break in weather, no snow, 45 degrees, damn she runs great and is so fun!

Looks like I'm going to sell her come spring, original owner, I just dumped $3.5k into her too, stupid. I have a Alfa Romeo I'm restoring and the wife won't let me have both taking up garage space.

I know I will regret this decision!

Why would you regret selling an Alfa? :hide:

I can lend you an extra seat heater switch next time I see you so you can see if the switch is the issue. Both seat heaters appear to be on the same fuse so it’s probably the switch.

I grabbed an extra one of the last times we went to the Pick n Pull yards. I'll be throwing it in tonight, to see if that resolves this issue. Crossing my fingers!

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Seat heater fixed. The clear plastic arm that is loosely grips the white plastic that houses the conductor, was in fact not loose, and was derailing the conductor as a result of such a grip on it. This caused a break in the circuit. The one of the two forks on this clear plastic arm appeared to be slightly melted. There's no way it was a pressure-inflicted bend. I tried to recreate the situation in which it most likely bent using the undamaged arm, and couldn't succeed in doing so. It appeared altered by some heat. I don't even know how this happened. There isn't enough heat in this area that could do that, and if there was, why only one of these four arms? It's a mystery! Anyway, rather than steal from the gold car, I just melted it back to form as best I could, functions 100% as it should now.

I like easy fixes. Once again, I wish I took the time sooner to delve into this problem. I could've stopped apologizing to my passengers months ago!

picture.php?albumid=2874&pictureid=13157

I also washed the car for the first time in two weeks (gross), and the Enkeis before swapping them over. No more snow, yay!

picture.php?albumid=2874&pictureid=13156

Edited by Febreze Mee

MILKRUN  - Click Here

It was on my 06. Not sure if the 05 will be the same. If I can't find the right oring for the pressure sensor, you may get a PM from me!

On a side note, there is a bolt with an allen head on the side of the pump. I am wondering if there is a seal there too.

See here: https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/power-steering-pump-rebuild-gen-3-2005-2009.516272/

This guy touches on that hex key bolt - it is a 10mm hex and houses the control relief valve. There is an o-ring there but I did not swap it. MrSubaru ignored it so I did the same haha

This forum guide also seems to match your setup closer. His is on an 05/06 OB

The fix for my leaky header-to-uppipe gasket was delivered today

[ATTACH]294704[/ATTACH]

oOoOO. That looks nice ! Do I see thermal coating , what headers did you go with I'm strongly consider the urge to get the borla UEL and supper tempted to try a 100 dollar eBay set

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

First time being on the ground after about 2 weeks on jack stands. I've got some height adjusting to do, but it's fun to see it slammed for a few minutes lol. Kinda like leaving the hitler mustache for a few seconds while shaving :lol:. Will probably only raise the front a smidge, but the rear needs to come up a fair bit.

20220108_121216_HDR.thumb.jpg.db1debc8c3565d4e2b9a999b52441a4b.jpg

20220108_121815_HDR.thumb.jpg.1c78edb5fdd829726015815b01df6964.jpg

oOoOO. That looks nice ! Do I see thermal coating , what headers did you go with I'm strongly consider the urge to get the borla UEL and supper tempted to try a 100 dollar eBay set

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

There’s not much bang-for-buck in UEL headers and the cheapo units WILL fail.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

There’s not much bang-for-buck in UEL headers and the cheapo units WILL fail.

Yeah Joe, pretty much what Code said on the UEL header option. Unfortunately you just don't gain much with them because you don't get rid of the boxer exhaust pulse inefficiency. Its a bummer to lose the burble going equal length but thats really the only place you'll see decent gains for the dollar spent. I ran stock manifolds for years until recently with the swap out to a Swaintech coated Killer B equal length. The stockers can take so much heat cycling abuse compared to anything else, it just made sense to me, (on both cars) to keep anything from failing. I'm still super suspect of most header manufacturers in terms of long term durability. Just seen so many of them crack over time. Guess that why I sucked it up for the Killer B to get the 321 stainless pipes over the typically used 304 from everyone else.

Took the wagon for a drive today. It's first time back to VT for skiing since March 2020.

Didn't ski last season because of all the issues covid caused at the mountain.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It's been a somewhat depressing day. I was excited to get my long awaited EDM center console and what I thought were all the parts I needed but it's not going well. I found out that I will need a hand brake boot, a metal bracket to mount the console to the car and a new lid. Subaru went out of their way to make sure these parts don't fit our American cars.

Also the radio trim pieces don't seem to fit as well as the USDM ones with my JDM double DIN. It never perfectly but I've always been able to minimize the gaps with the USDM parts.

I don't really know what to do at this point.

1812855918_EDMconsole1.jpg.5b60d1026c91b4b08d28132d2d3cd5aa.jpg

1500926644_EDMconsole2.jpg.12159588e1f36c5d91af7a09642d6f5f.jpg

441077989_EDMconsole3.jpg.433aa4f5d5a6daead75261186ca1d7f5.jpg

847686311_EDMconsole4.jpg.8d19cbd9ad055e4db5af35aa3c5bbe83.jpg

517539933_EDMconsole5.jpg.1e12cc036a95907b5b94f495c0d26905.jpg

1407232976_EDMconsole6.jpg.f7ef145c7640d2dab18e82137c142094.jpg

1568051998_EDMconsole7.jpg.56133dc20be868228cfcce1c1e973d0b.jpg