LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

So, this isn't the STi 6mt swap. It's the 6mt from a 15+ WRX. The trans cost me $1100 for a 55k mile unit. Another $215 for the complete shifter and cable assembly. $30 or so bux at the dealer for the shifter clips and attaching hardware for one cable(different end)

Excluding labor I'm in this swap for roughly under $1400. I didn't need to swap the rear end because the FD ratio was the same.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Do you happen to have part numbers for the shifter and cable assembly and clips per chance?

I am interested in this, as mileage sucks when freeway driving in the LGT with the current 5 speed.

I wouldn't go with a 6MT swap for the MPG gains. Going from the 5MT to a Spec B 6MT I maybe saw a 1mpg gain on the hwy. 25mpg is pretty much what you're going to get with a LGT and that's on a good day.

I wouldn't go with a 6MT swap for the MPG gains. Going from the 5MT to a Spec B 6MT I maybe saw a 1mpg gain on the hwy. 25mpg is pretty much what you're going to get with a LGT and that's on a good day.

No, I know it won't new much gain. It is more to reduce drone @ 75 mph. My cheap exhaust may as well be straight pipes.

Do you happen to have part numbers for the shifter and cable assembly and clips per chance?

I am interested in this, as mileage sucks when freeway driving in the LGT with the current 5 speed.

As @Holla said, this isn't for MPG. I originally thought it would reduce my highway cruising RPM by atleast 500 or so.. not even close. Maybe 150 RPM less. That.Is.It.

I do have the receipt with part numbers, just gotta snap a pic and send it off.

The sole reason for this swap was to have a newer transmission in my car. When I heard how easy the swap was and the cost of the transmission, I couldn't say no. Overall, I'd recommend this as an DD upgrade, not a performance one. As far as strength goes, there is a local guy to me that has a 15 WRX, that is dyno tuned 325/360. Been that way for 5 years and has had zero transmission issues. FWIW, that's good in my book.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Get some JDM HID headlights. They'll pay for themselves. I used to go through bulbs every 6 months with the OEM lights. I even had both of them burn out within a day of each other, resulting in no headlights.

I used the OEM HID bulbs my JDM lights came with. 7+ years later, I've never replaced a bulb. I have the lights on 100% of the time I drive my car too. They have literally paid for themselves at this point, way better light output too!

Thanks. Looking into this.

Is there a "go to" thread for this mod? I ran into one w/ pics and another that reference toyota parts to help integrate the JDM HIDs.

Thanks. Looking into this.

Is there a "go to" thread for this mod? I ran into one w/ pics and another that reference toyota parts to help integrate the JDM HIDs.

There are a couple of different threads out there.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jdm-headlight-install-walkthough-249269.html

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jdm-hid-headlight-conversion-walkthrough-113094.html

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jdm-usdm-headlight-upgrade-install-and-wiring-diagram-277226.html

The big thing to do is you need to swap the projectors from RHD to LHD. There is some minor wiring changes as well. Good luck, one of my favorite mods!

Edited by Holla

picture.php?albumid=2867&pictureid=13161

Got back Sunday night from 48 Hours of Tristate (run by Mike of AZP Installs and others). Instagram of the photographer is here. Great roads this year through PA, W. VA, MD. We even hit some snow on the last day.This may be a good event to glom onto if we're to organize regional LGT meets.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Why does my brain keep wanting to do 8.5" or 9" wide wheels on the wagon? I know they're a pita to fit and require more work than I really want to do. Someone smack me through the internet and tell me to stick to 8" wide wheels.

Why does my brain keep wanting to do 8.5" or 9" wide wheels on the wagon? I know they're a pita to fit and require more work than I really want to do. Someone smack me through the internet and tell me to stick to 8" wide wheels.

*smack*

8" is plenty fun and much less frustrating to deal with :lol:

Miles Per Grins also known as Smiles per Miles

Woefully inefficient (nowhere near as bad as cryptocurrency), but a heck of a lot of fun. Which is a much more meaningful unit of measure.

I agree with this. The wife doesn't, but happiness is a big player in the MPG game. I enjoy some good driving time, and the wife appears to currently being on board for me driving the wagon out to WagonFest this year! Fingers crossed!

On a side note, anyone in the Midwest area interested in actually doing a LGT convoy all the way out there?!

I agree with this. The wife doesn't, but happiness is a big player in the MPG game. I enjoy some good driving time, and the wife appears to currently being on board for me driving the wagon out to WagonFest this year! Fingers crossed!

On a side note, anyone in the Midwest area interested in actually doing a LGT convoy all the way out there?!

My wife has no say in anything about my cars. She has her own legacy to deal with lol.

8.5” and the right tire size is fine. Choose the wrong tire and it’s painful. I’ve been there.

I'm assuming "right size" is a 235 (for 17 or 18 dia wheels)? Seems like going up to a 245 is right around where you start having a bad time if you don't have the exact right setup, alignment, etc.

I do miss my BRZ in that regard, just slap on 9s with 255s and go.