LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Did you drop off the rotors for resurfacing or do them yourself?

I had a machine shop resurface the rotors and also press the Whiteline Bushings in the LCA's.

My car has had a chronic warped rotor feeling at highway speeds. I'll redo the brakes and shortly after I'll get the warped rotor brake shake again. I'm really hoping that they stay true this time around. Right now everything feels really good.

I haven't had the time to watch it yet, but one of the youtuber's I enjoy, has joined the club! Too bad it's auto

Stumbled on it right after it was posted.

He's not joining the club per se, he's fixing it and donating it before Christmas. Or so he thinks.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Haven't had much time to post anything lately due to work/life.

Replaced my up pipe. After 5 years of ownership, the no name aftermarket pipe broke at lower flange and was leaking at the flange just below the turbo. Hard to believe I was still getting boost!

Picked up the KTA 124 kit. Wasted a tire and saw the other one wasn't too far behind. New shoes(again) and alignment all is good for now.

Glad to see things are still rolling along!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Bought a 3.0R last year and have been doing the usual work right through the car until it drives as close to new as possible jobs. This one had far more surface rust underneath than my previous Legacys and Outbacks so I had 6 weeks on and off through the autumn underneath grinding and wire brushing. Soaking in Dispel oil then using wax based coatings but it all looks clean now.

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/RH6FgRX.jpg[/img]

Prothane bush kit arrived from the US and managed to get the front LCA ones fitted last week with my home press kit.

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/l5V2gn7.jpg[/img]

Still haven't got adapters made up to fit the Sumitomo aluminium monoblock four pots as there are barely any small engineering firms left around here. Stumbled across someone on this community that has done it before offering adapters after wading through umpteen pages about Brembos so fingers crossed he can still get his design manufactured which was a bit different to mine.

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/GLV1yzX.jpg[/img]

Edited by Bren1127

i got my lgt about a month ago now, a little over 200,000 miles on it all stock. i love the car & can’t wait to start adding my own touches to it with more power, paint, etc. anyone have any recommendations on where i should start first with modding or general maintenance i should get done just because of the mileage? http://https//share.icloud.com/photos/0Cow39hyf7wDIrA9Pi7xURNEQ#Cheshire

Welcome. Read, read some more and re-read half the stuff you read. There are stickies up top that will aid you in caring for this lovely car that will break you.....financially and emotionally. Really, welcome.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Officially finished school for the semester. Working OT and school took away all my shop time. Going to pick up a set of case halves I was having machined in the meantime for in case I find a reason not to just re-bearing my existing shortblock. Pretty dang stoked to have time again.

This is weird but I installed a grounding kit and the car started running rougher - the ECU reset doesn't account for the roughness. Contacted Mike at Tuning Alliance and he asked for a log. Problem is, Accessport manager no longer recognizes my AP.

This is a long shot, but does anyone have AP Manager v2.0 or v2.1 for one of my old machines?

Link: https://www.exetuning.info/support-%E5%94%AE%E5%BE%8C%E6%9C%8D%E5%8B%99/accessport/download-%E4%B8%8B%E8%BC%89-accessport-manager/

Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I'm starting to wonder if my whiteline front strut tophats are clunking.

They are about 18 months old and I have clunking in the front suspension.

Most everything else is new, the only other thing I think I might need is a steering rack (hello upgrade), but I don't think it's contributing to this noise.

Maybe I'll reseat everything in the front struts when the King rear springs come in sometime in Jan (since I'll need an alignment anyway), maybe that will fix it.

I'm almost certain the bearings in those WL top-hats pop while turning after they get worn. I had that exact issue with my original set of WL top-hats. I also had the rubber fail/crack after a couple years on that first set. Whiteline's CS was top-notch and sent out replacements with no questions asked. After replacement, the popping sound went away.

Also worth noting - I believe the top-hat should only be fully tightened to the strut while the wheels are resting on the ground. Maybe some binding/faster wear occurs if tightened while the wheels are in the air?

I'm almost certain the bearings in those WL top-hats pop while turning after they get worn. I had that exact issue with my original set of WL top-hats. I also had the rubber fail/crack after a couple years on that first set. Whiteline's CS was top-notch and sent out replacements with no questions asked. After replacement, the popping sound went away.

Also worth noting - I believe the top-hat should only be fully tightened to the strut while the wheels are resting on the ground. Maybe some binding/faster wear occurs if tightened while the wheels are in the air?

Thanks, I may hit up their CS and see what they say because it's really annoying and a little worrying.

To clarify - they did ask for a couple photos but that's it. Here's how my original set looked after a couple years circa 2018. No bueno - PA potholes don't f&&k around

download.thumb.jpg.112d59956d81f89c753825a1d9a4c574.jpg

139257425_download(1).thumb.jpg.3b483ec893ec171e77aa8bfd7ea7db1b.jpg

Edited by amm203

To clarify - they did ask for a couple photos but that's it. Here's how my original set looked after a couple years circa 2018. No bueno - PA potholes don't f&&k around

Holy batman, that's bad.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Eureka.

I was finally able to connect to my v2 Accessport. If you get the message in AP Manager that Accessport cannot be found, or if your OS has issues recognizing your AP from a hardware malfunction, try installing a fresh copy of Windows 7 SP1 on an old computer. v2 Accessport is incompatible with Windows 10 and it seems the accumulated Windows updates on 7 interfere with the AP drivers. I now have a machine dedicated for AP usage.

Now onto figuring out my sudden stumbling problem.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Eureka.

I was finally able to connect to my v2 Accessport. If you get the message in AP Manager that Accessport cannot be found, or if your OS has issues recognizing your AP from a hardware malfunction, try installing a fresh copy of Windows 7 SP1 on an old computer. v2 Accessport is incompatible with Windows 10 and it seems the accumulated Windows updates on 7 interfere with the AP drivers. I now have a machine dedicated for AP usage.

Now onto figuring out my sudden stumbling problem.

I believe I had similar issue with my OpenPort. It wouldn't be found after some Windows update.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K