LegacyGT.com

What failed on your Second Generation Subaru today?

300th post.

This post is to say that it is probably my last one in this second gen forum... Regardless if I sell my car or not. Then, I will be off the forums entirely. I'm so done with cars... The diaphragm of my EGR valve somehow got a hole in it. So, now I need to replace that.

I'll be getting my old 96 Subie put back together, modding it a tiny bit, and being done with everything else. I don't even care anymore, I just want something to get back and forth in and is a bit fun to drive.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did you replace it with? Stock? I recently installed a Walbro 255 and am happy with it. I did hear of a bad batch of Walbros that were produced a couple of years ago though.

Did it make the car any faster? I was told that it will make a "noticeably faster". I put one on almost all of my previous cars but don't ever remembering feeling a difference in power

300th post.

This post is to say that it is probably my last one in this second gen forum... Regardless if I sell my car or not. Then, I will be off the forums entirely. I'm so done with cars... The diaphragm of my EGR valve somehow got a hole in it. So, now I need to replace that.

I'll be getting my old 96 Subie put back together, modding it a tiny bit, and being done with everything else. I don't even care anymore, I just want something to get back and forth in and is a bit fun to drive.

It sucks that you've had such a rotten experience with these cars :(

• I Donated
300th post.

This post is to say that it is probably my last one in this second gen forum... Regardless if I sell my car or not. Then, I will be off the forums entirely.

I disapprove of this post.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

It sucks that you've had such a rotten experience with these cars :(

Yeah, Kenny you have had the worst luck ever. It's too bad since you have so much knowledge to share. Even if you get rid of your subie we could still use your help on this site. Please don't be a stranger.

BTW, What's your dream car? :)

I disapprove of this post.

Damn.. You guys are making me post again. lol. But yeah, I have had the most ridiculous luck. Stupid crap that doesn't break, breaks on me. Just had BOTH of my freaking license plate lights go out the other night and I ended up getting pulled over. That stopped with them using a drug sniffing dog to sniff out all the drugs that I keep in my car... Because, I am most definitely a druggy....

I'll be around again eventually. Just not for a while. I am sick and tired of cars for the most part and this site is kind of depressing at the moment. I'm so desperate that I am actually looking into buy a Honda Civcic. I never actually thought I would utter anything like that.... My dream car is between an Aston Martin V8 Vantage and a 1969 Camaro Z/28 302.

And John, what makes you disapprove?

I learned that I have some kind of an alignment problem that is eating up the rear tires at a pace a lot faster than the fronts.

This also caused my car to go into 4WD since the speed sensors were reading the tires at different rotating speeds, hence the binding that crept up on me some 40mi back.

I rotated my tires & the bind went away completely.

The rear tires cannot be more worn that the fronts, apparently.

Now, I need to get another alignment to see what's up.

I bet that the rear toe is excessive.

• 2 weeks later...
ABS pump is now leaking. Requires a couple ounces of brake fluid per tank of gas. (brake light illuminates)

Same happened to me during the summer. Took a trip out to the junkyard and picked up one for 30$. Took maybe 30min to take the old one out (carefully u don't want to break the lines) and put the new one in

Archived