LegacyGT.com

What failed on your Second Generation Subaru today?

Damn dude I thought u and ur dad was going to rip the tranny apart couple weeks back. What happened?

Lack of time is what happened. Plus, ripping the tranny apart when I can't afford to actually buy any replacement parts didn't seem like a great idea.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$100 is a lot of money. I am completely broke, paycheck to paycheck. The cheapest transmissions anywhere within a 200 mile radius are at least $400. And that's for one from a 2.2 and I still have to swap the diff over from my trans. GT and OB 5MT's are ridiculous.

I'm going to sell my STi suspension (regreased, complete [once my rear top hats gets here], with 3/8" spacers) so I can buy one. *sigh* I can never have anything nice...

$100 is a lot of money. I am completely broke, paycheck to paycheck. The cheapest transmissions anywhere within a 200 mile radius are at least $400. And that's for one from a 2.2 and I still have to swap the diff over from my trans. GT and OB 5MT's are ridiculous.

I'm going to sell my STi suspension (regreased, complete [once my rear top hats gets here], with 3/8" spacers) so I can buy one. *sigh* I can never have anything nice...

I hear ya bro I'm in the same boat, paycheck to paycheck. I hate it. I only make enough to provide for my rent and family. Bills stacked to the brim. How much u planning on selling ur struts? I was planning on getting some Sti struts and get rid of my L popped custom chopped springs/strut combo lol

I've got over $450 into it. I'm thinking $400 plus shipping. Which shouldn't be too bad with my UPS discount.

Damn dude. Sounds good tho. Hopefully if u still have them in jan I'll scoop them up. Where do u live I might even be able to drive. U have pics of ur car with the parts on? I'd like to get a feel how my car would look like with them on

Today my exhaust hole got -slightly- larger. By which I mean an audible popping when I take my foot off the gas.

I really can't tell if I'm losing more power anymore, I run the car only on power mode, and it doesn't make much of that right now. Still have to replace the o ring on the p/s, hg still needs it's work, Transmission is getting more sluggish in changing... Engine doesn't seem to be heating up as much as the past week, which is nice... and I still think I need another 2 wheels driving the car...

you guys havent seen shitty roads till you come to a little place called Detroit,MI, with no money we have potholes the size of kitchen sinks every damn year

I frequently travel to detroit and I do not think it is that bad. The freeways are in good condition and downtown is horrible. There are good and bad places, but I think Milwaukee has overall worse road conditions. In Milwaukee they thrown down how asphalt and let the cars drive over it and pack it down. Having a white car it just stains my sideskirts and pisses me off.

Idk man I feel like nw Pennsylvania ha some pretty nasty ditches. It took me about another 30 min to get to work seeing I was playing dodge the potholes. On the flip side my gf used to play connect the dots until she bent her rim in half. Then finally understood what the dots create on the picture lol

In Milwaukee they thrown down how asphalt and let the cars drive over it and pack it down. Having a white car it just stains my sideskirts and pisses me off.

i remember one summer about 15 years ago i got stuck on a stretch of road they were laying asphalt with traffic waiting behind them. it was 119 degrees, im on a motorcycle and doing 1mph creep in a mile long line of traffic. by the time i got off that stretch of road, my tires were caked almost 2" thick with asphalt. the fender was shearing chunks off it was so tall. my boots were the same way, and the underside of my bike was completely covered. took weeks to get all that crap off the bike. i was pissed. didnt help that i was wearing leather in the summertime, as well as my big boots.

Archived