LegacyGT.com

What failed on your Second Generation Subaru today?

Yeah. I have one of those on my OB. They bolt right up. No drilling. It just didn't look like anythings ever been bolted up. And usually those hitches don't agree with the bumper lips, so I think there would've been some signs on the bumper if one had ever been pushe up against it.

I could be wrong though. It's not a lot of rust. It's just some surface rust here and there and spots of rust here and there. I'll take a pic later. It's weird.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just had my valve cover gaskets replaced last week with some Felpro's and yesterday i go to pull back on my window washer and i got nothing? I didn't check to see if the rear one works or not yet but if that one doesn't work then most likely i would think it's a fuse because they both worked over a week ago and the plugs are connected when i popped my hood,maybe my mechanic hit the washer motor with a wrench and knocked it out of order? Who knows?

I put some nice braided stainless brake lines on my car, I bled and bled...my pedal was good and hard...then i hear a POP and the rusty rear brake lines exploded all over the place.:mad:

Omfg dude I'd be soooo pissed off. Looks like your gonna need some braided lines in the rear as well

$700 for a wheel bearing is ridiculous... Time to start learning how to work on the car dooder. Remove the hub yourself and buy a replacement from the junkyard. Worst case it costs you $100 for one that's already removed and ready to go. Find on still on the car so you can find out if it is good or not. Or, have someone install a new bearing.. What's wrong with the ABS sensor?

PO never replaced timing belt or front engine seals, apparently...

Checked the belt and shes wandering on the cogs/the edges are ragged looking. Drivers side cam seal leak. That might explain the engine noise and the misfiring.

Ugh...

At least it didn't shred on me on the road...

For those not as experienced to press their own wheel bearings check out these guys at http://42autosports.3dcartstores.com/ They sell complete knuckles for all subarus already packed with the bearings, new seals, hubs, lower ball joints, and studs... also give you option for ARP studs, normal or extended. They do front and rear, fronts usually around 210 each, and rears about 240 each... pretty reasonable.

I just ordered all 4 corners and all I will have to do is get the car in the air, pop off the lower ball joints from the lower control arms, and uppers... also outer tie rods. remove the axle nuts and tadaaaaaaaa.

Im doing a Brake system upgrade so I figured I would do all of this at the same time to get everything fresh.

so what is everyone doing to fix the rust holes in the rear wheel wells?

you all know the ones

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

so what is everyone doing to fix the rust holes in the rear wheel wells?

you all know the ones

I ripped out the long rubber piece that sits there and collects dirt which in turn turns to rust and after a long time of not caring for it turns to rot. So I yanked out the rubber piece cleaned the inside or the wheel well (which was caked with dirt and sand). There's this aerosol can at AAP that we sell, made by duplicolor, called rust fix or something similar. It's pretty cool. Turns ur rust into primer paint and prevents its cancerous self from spreading any further. So it buys u some time to save up money to go get it fixed. Here's the product.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/21/ze8ybugy.jpg

Lost 2nd and 3rd gear synchros. By the feel of it, it's only a matter of days before I lose the gears just like I did 2nd. Now I am royally screwed.....

Damn dude I thought u and ur dad was going to rip the tranny apart couple weeks back. What happened?

Archived