LegacyGT.com

What failed on your Second Generation Subaru today?

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had it in getting rocker cover leak fixed up, at the same time they found a cam seal leak too, doh :( apparently person who did the cambelt last didnt do a very good job... soo off with the belts, ah well

This is definitely an interesting first-time Subaru experience... this is what he found after taking apart the head..

Needless to say I'm pissed - I got this from a car yard dealer, just getting a quote on what this is to fix.. maybe covered by mechanical warranty

Basically, the cambelt has been done recently, whoever did it fucked this bearing cap and silicone'd it back together.. it was only a matter of time

WP_000867.thumb.jpg.3825a697f021d45e94e2a309d89da469.jpg

WP_000868.thumb.jpg.51578d569636de97fe2bb6fd2e9ef785.jpg

WP_000870.thumb.jpg.ef166b6ded78886d0f5cf9dee667d268.jpg

WP_000869.thumb.jpg.41a63689bd822b599fbdecb640b742a5.jpg

My front bumper fell off and I ran it over.....

The stupid zip ties broke. They were cheap and half of them broke when I put the bumper back on last. So, I'm not entirely surprised they broke with the cold and all the ice. Just spent the last 2 hours freezing my ass off in the dark putting it back on with better zip ties. Ruined my nice new jeans I just got. My hands are still numb as hell.

I hate this car. I have the absolute worst luck with this thing.

Yeah, this after someone hit me in the parking lot a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know it happened because I went outside when it was dark. Right? I heard a thunk while I was driving and when I got out I found the drivers side corner lamp hanging by the wiring. Both tabs were broken.

You know who/what hit me? Asians in a prius..... Did they stick around? No. The people next door to where I work saw the whole thing. The damn people sat there for 10 minutes and then drove away. And not one single person decided to get the license plate off the freaking prius!

My luck......

If you found an oil leak then rest assured, everything is normal, lol. Sorry to hear it though.

Checked properly with help from someone on clubsub, not a single oil leak :p gearbox seal has gone splat. Waiting for new seals :D

Thermostat went out towards the end of my route. It's replaced but I found that my plastic radiator hose connections and drain stopcock are fubar'd. Looking now to see if I can just replace those parts but I doubt it. Time for an upgrade?

Also, my chilton's book said the thermostat is on top, somewhere under the intake manifold. Essentially in the opposite spot.

Grrrrr.

I really think this car is trying to f**k with my brain.

I come outside after about 10mins of letting it warm up & the tapping goes away.

I rev the engine & the tapping is now nowhere to be found.

I'm going to make 2 videos, one of a cold start & one of a warm start.

I REALLY need to know what that tapping noise is because its driving me crazy!

• 3 months later...

Archived