LegacyGT.com

What failed on your Second Generation Subaru today?

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Friday got a screw in my tire. Got that fixed. Shop said tie rod is going out that fixed the tire... Explains the steering shudder at speed. Still need a new MAF sensor car is running dumb out of stoplights still... Also need new tires.

im in east valley of phoenix, az.

ya, my shops supplier sent the oem version, which is completely wrong. ive located a few different choices, but none are under 180 bucks so far. i havent called vato zone tho, ill call them today. the one i most likely will get is a 2 row aluminium with aluminium tanks on it tho, retail 240 my cost is about 175. problem is, right now im busted broke trying to keep up with bills and such, so im gonna let it sit in the driveway and the kids will have to suffer and drive the wagon.

damn, i hate when that happens. i generally dont check auto zone for pricing since we dont have an account there and they usually either dont have the part in stock or they are too expensive. i just looked up the rad for the GT, 129.99 and it seems to be the right one. spectra premium radiator. im gonna go look at it after work, see if its the right one.

GT, 129.99 and it seems to be the right one. spectra premium radiator.

It will be the correct one. It is exactly the same as the one I got. You'll love it.

The problem with other suppliers is that they don't realize that there are two different radiators across the 95 to 99 Legacy line. Every single Legacy 2.2/2.5 from 95 to 99 uses the SAME radiator EXCEPT for the 96 and 96 2.5 liter models, which use the one that we need.

Went to start my car at lunch today, turned the key, got the radio and accessories, but no ignition. I fiddled with or for a second checked the grounds and battery terminals. Had my friend in the driver seat and had him turn the key, while he did that I heard some clicking in the relay box where the abs block is, I touched that box and he turned the key and it started...hmmm I say, I don't know what is in there that would relay to the starter...any ideas guys?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

97 2.5 Gt sedan-had it since October

I found a bubble in the sidewall of my tire today after the steering wheel started shaking.-probably hit something while being stupid.- Hopefully will get it swapped tomorrow and stop the shaking.

The head gaskets are going but I'm hoping they survive til summer.

Had to replace the steering rack after it started dumping enough fluid to light the headers on fire.

I have a front brake caliper that is sticking- any of you know how to fix that easily?

The antenna doesn't go up and down.

Has oil leaks all over the place but i just tell myself its corrosion protection.

the shop that did the alignment told me the struts are "weak".

Has a very loud engine tick that I'm ignoring.

truck doesn't seal for shit.

the sunroof was leaking but has mysteriously stopped. I'm just leaving it where it is and hoping it stays that way.

all that aside... I freaking love my car.

replaced my original leaking rad with one from rock auto. upper neck started leaking in three days and bleader was broken off when I received it. good thing RA refunded all the cost plus shipping. purchased an all welded aluminum rad on ebay-2 core installed this in the summer,cools really well. now in the winter takes forever to heat up. at least it doesnt leak.

That happened to me once...

Currently, mine will randomly overheat, Leave it idling it will be fine, driving down the road it will be fine, driving aggressively it will be fine, long distance is fine... Come to a stoplight and it will scream to the red, overheat, start moving and it cools off instantly... Cooling fans work BTW that was the first thing I tried. Thermostat is good, also checked water pump for flow, good there too. Head gaskets are also new.

I;ve had an oil leak since I got the car. Part of it was valve cover gaskets. I changed them and it pretty much disappeared for about a year and a half but it has come back pretty strong to where I have to keep an eye on my oil level. Its really the only problem Ive had other then my front bumper which two people have run into. And of course the one who caused the damage and a zip tie job wouldn't take responsibility. That will make you feel more crazy than any car problem lol.

Archived