LegacyGT.com

What failed on your Second Generation Subaru today?

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smoke reappeared tonight. I think it's just from my leaky power steering. I hope. Still need a heart transplant though, and all the wreckers and so on have a grand total of 0 EJ22's. So I'm hoping this engine will last til I can find a low mileage transplant.

Me thinks it was predestined to break. I was reinstalling them in the head and it broke with less than 10 inch/lbs of pressure. Sigh*

Better it broke now instead of later lol. That could of caused a bunch of damage

• 2 weeks later...
  • I Donated

I had the brilliant idea of launching my car several feet into the air while flying down a desert dirt trail at about 65mph chasing after my boss in his Raptor.

The fusebox under the hood didn't like it too much. I had to visit the junkyard today and yank one off a wrecked car.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I had the brilliant idea of launching my car several feet into the air while flying down a desert dirt trail at about 65mph chasing after my boss in his Raptor.

This makes me regret selling the 98 Outback I had for a brief while. 5 speed too. Hahahaha!

parking brake failed. was just a simple rotor swap turned full blown parking brake nightmare nothing works as it should pita real close tolerances between the abs wheel and star wheel spring.

Tell me about it. I replaced the parking shoes on my car and spent 45 minutes trying to get the rotors back on... and for the life of me I still can't get the damned thing to work properly. Seems I adjust it and it works fine for a day and then suddenly the lever goes all the way up again. *RAGE* :spin:

my drivers window motor went to crap haha. so annoying

time to get to the junkyard! anyone need anything that I can get fairly easily? I don't have a problem with helping out, just pay for the cost, shipping, and maybe a few bucks for my time depending on what it is

my drivers window motor went to crap haha. so annoying

time to get to the junkyard! anyone need anything that I can get fairly easily? I don't have a problem with helping out, just pay for the cost, shipping, and maybe a few bucks for my time depending on what it is

I thought the same thing too until Stasis came up with the idea of checking & cleaning my window button contacts. Can you still operate the window some or is it just flat dead?

Wasn't my idea! Can't take the credit for that! I thought you suggested to me to try it?

WHO WAS IT LOL

Although I did test it and it definitely works, the prongs in the switch get worn, just rotate them and thoroughly clean the contacts then hey presto, working like new switch

When the switch starts failing it will seem like the motor is dying btw, this is what I thought at first too but I tested this by swapped one of the rears switches in to test it and it's definitely switch related in my case

Archived