LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

I am getting 2 different results when I search this part number? any help/advice?

8010-1055?

seems like to may just be generic pics and not necessarily different

A lot of websites just use non part specific pics. As long as you're ordering the part number you're good.

Or save everyone time with the spring compressors and just leave yours assembled with tophats when you sell them. Aftermarket tophats for your going back to stock setup are cheap. How many miles on them?

Where are these cheap tophats you speak of, I am finding 65-75 each? I bought them from blklgt05 who I think did not have them for long, but I put 10k on them

Where are these cheap tophats you speak of, I am finding 65-75 each? I bought them from blklgt05 who I think did not have them for long, but I put 10k on them

Likely talking about the KYB top hats. About $38/each for the rears (part # SM5764) and $47/each for the fronts (part #SM5361).

http://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/kyb,SM5764,strut+mount,7600

http://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/kyb,SM5361,strut+mount,7600

Likely talking about the KYB top hats. About $38/each for the rears (part # SM5764) and $47/each for the fronts (part #SM5361).

http://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/kyb,SM5764,strut+mount,7600

http://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/kyb,SM5361,strut+mount,7600

^^ Yes.

Also Moog and Monroe.

You guys rock, thank you! I am going to miss this car and this community. :redface:

Here is what I can remember that was borrowed from the stock suspension that I will need to get, besides the tophats:

Front:

2x Front Strut spacer 20326AA000

2x Front Strut Spring Seat 20323AG00B

2x Bump Stop 20321AA201

2x Dust Cover 20322AG00A

Rears:

2x Dust Cover 20372AJ00A

2x Rear Strut Seat 20375FG000

Am I missing something and do the part numbers look right?

Can anyone with '14 sport confirm fitment for whiteline rear swaybars? Been in the market for a while, but can never seem to find anyone with confirmed fitment. Most places have confirmation up to 2013 models only. Anyone with information, I'd appreciate the feedback! Thanks in advance! Edited by Vuuu

If you're talking about a US model '14, the RSB should be identical fitment to 10-13. A lot of parts companies haven't updated the model years they show compatibility for (good example is Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Only listed for '10-'11, but fit up to '14).

Any one we use, you can use.

So my primitive skid plate is hitting all of them time. I believe my struts are just worn maybe, 145k on them. Is the koni inserts w/ stock 2014 springs worth all the effort? Just want a decent setup, lots of hills around here.

So my primitive skid plate is hitting all of them time. I believe my struts are just worn maybe, 145k on them. Is the koni inserts w/ stock 2014 springs worth all the effort? Just want a decent setup, lots of hills around here.

Yes, very worth it. The stiffer springs, being better controlled by some fantastic shock, will keep you from bottoming out and will be able to soak up even speed humps at higher speed.

Edited by GTEASER

• 2 weeks later...

After just over 500 miles I am very happy with how my Koni/Eibach set up turned out. The ride is a stiffer than stock but still reasonable, I probably call it stiff but not overly harsh. (ride stiffness seems similar to my ex-wife's Altima SE that she used to have). I have the Koni's adjusted at 1.25/0.75 turns F/R rear. This weekend I took some off highway off/on ramps that I am familiar with. When I pushed the car in the corners, it handled so much more confidently and flatter than when it was stock. The springs have settled and it has lost some of the initial bounciness that it had for the first 100 miles. I have estimated, I have a 1.25" drop. Aesthetically the car looks much better to me with the suspension drop. I towed my boat this weekend with my Legacy and the rear did not drop very noticeably, which my stock suspension would give the car a noticeable rear squat.

I accelerated my suspension swap because I noticed some cupping on my rear tires when I rotated them. This is the first time I replaced a worn suspension on car where the struts (or shocks) still seem to be functioning when I had them out for inspection. I wonder if the combination of my softer summer tires rubber and the soft springs/strut dampening is more susceptible to losing control of the tires and causing cupping as the struts dampening diminishes over time. Given my satisfaction with my Koni/Eibach suspension combo (plus 19mm rear sway bar and rear LCA) the premature worn stock suspension is perhaps a blessing in disguise.

• 2 months later...

!! ATTENTION !!

After speaking with the North American Product Manager at Koni a few weeks ago, Koni is interested in taking a look at producing full front struts (Koni Yellows) specifically for the 2010-2014 Legacy. In order to do so, they need a set of our OEM front struts, both left and right, and 1 rear to confirm that their 8010-1055S will work for us, something we already know. Koni does not have budget to just go and buy new OEM struts and they are hoping that the community can assist them.

I need to find someone who has their OEM suspension sitting around that would be willing to donate both front struts and one rear to this cause. Koni does not need springs or tophats. Koni is willing to pay the shipping from wherever you are, to their facility here in the US. They will forward them on to their design and manufacturing facility in Germany.

Please PM me ASAP if you are willing to help.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/koni-yellow-sport-shocks-2010-legacy-fitment-214426.html

Idk if this is still valid, but RSR Sports-I had always had coilovers for our BM9 & BR9. I installed a set for BR9 (wagon) with no issues. I believe the shocks are a little stiffer than OEM for the rear due to the heavier weight on the rears (for wagon application). But this may benefit the sedans to promote more oversteer.

http://i.imgur.com/lwNKQzwl.jpg

(How they sit from factory settings)

Edited by valkrie hunter

What's the consensus on a good grease for poly bushings? I'm thinking my front lower LCAs are going out and have some AVO ones on order. A quick internet search suggest Hotchkis Super Grease

Anything sticky and gluey. Dielectric silicone grease works well or that gnarly red wheel bearing grease. I've got that shit on mine and years in it's going strong through winter salt and sand, etc.

What's the consensus on a good grease for poly bushings? I'm thinking my front lower LCAs are going out and have some AVO ones on order. A quick internet search suggest Hotchkis Super Grease

Petroleum based grease should not be used. https://www.suspensionconnection.com/blog/how-to-properly-grease-a-polyurethane-bushing/

whelp. THMotorsports canceled my order on the AVO front LCA bushings cuz they didnt have it in stock like their site said and I guess they couldnt get any more in at the price they were trying to sell it for. I tried to save a few bucks and didnt go directly through AVO. I've got a new order in with AVO TurboWorld this time.. Edited by Zee199969

whelp. THMotorsports canceled my order on the AVO front LCA bushings cuz they didnt have it in stock like their site said and I guess they couldnt get any more in at the price they were trying to sell it for. I tried to save a few bucks and didnt go directly through AVO. I've got a new order in with AVO TurboWorld this time..

They cancelled my order of Koni inserts back in September even though their site said they had a bunch. They offered to get me them from somewhere else for substantially more. Uhhhh, no.