LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Be careful what you buy. Koni now has complete housing fronts for the WRX. So, if you buy those, you will ride 3/8" to 1/2" lower in the front than your intended ride height.

You want to make sure the Koni you buy is an insert only for the fronts.

On the flip side, if you don't mind the extra 3/8" or so drop in the front, then just get the housing and the cartridge.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=Koni&model=Sport+Cartridge&group=Sport&partNum=8610-1453SPORT&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Impreza+WRX+4-Door&autoYear=2010&autoModClar=Limited

Call them up and find out if the housing has the insert in it already....

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Be careful what you buy. Koni now has complete housing fronts for the WRX. So, if you buy those, you will ride 3/8" to 1/2" lower in the front than your intended ride height.

You want to make sure the Koni you buy is an insert only for the fronts.

On the flip side, if you don't mind the extra 3/8" or so drop in the front, then just get the housing and the cartridge.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=Koni&model=Sport+Cartridge&group=Sport&partNum=8610-1453SPORT&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Impreza+WRX+4-Door&autoYear=2010&autoModClar=Limited

Call them up and find out if the housing has the insert in it already....

Might run into some wheel/tire fit issues, though, since the spring seat is 1/2" lower. I have no idea where those issues would begin as far as width/offset/tire specs, just something to consider.

Not so fast on the 1/2" lower thing that's been quoted over and over, boys. I have some info with pics and measurements of units that I have sitting in my garage that says this isn't the case. Full write up coming in the my Koni thread soon. We may not be SOL here.

Is there anything you *don't* have sitting in your garage? Definitely looking forward to the results on this one (even though my inserts are still in the boxes...).

As far as differences in nomenclature, there's really only the one option, so they should be the same thing regardless of name. You'd be looking for part number "8610 1453Sport" for the front inserts, and "8010 1055Sport" for the rear shock. The rears are still available, and the fronts seem to be out there if you look around, but as supply drops, prices are going up. They're still listed here, not sure if they actually have 'em in stock anymore.

So in searching I found Koni Sport damper set with eibach springs when I checked for Koni with fitment to 2010 WRX...?

Is Koni sport yellow different than Koni sport damper?

The "kit" has springs that are for the WRX, not our car. This won't work for you. You need to buy the shocks and springs separately.

Is there anything you *don't* have sitting in your garage? Definitely looking forward to the results on this one (even though my inserts are still in the boxes...).

As far as differences in nomenclature, there's really only the one option, so they should be the same thing regardless of name. You'd be looking for part number "8610 1453Sport" for the front inserts, and "8010 1055Sport" for the rear shock. The rears are still available, and the fronts seem to be out there if you look around, but as supply drops, prices are going up. They're still listed here, not sure if they actually have 'em in stock anymore.

Everytime I've checked, TireRack has still shown these in stock, and at one of the best prices I've found, free shipping. They got them to me in like 40 hours from order to delivery, ridiculously fast. Always happy to recommend them, great service.

Page for both the front and rear from them is here, but make sure you're getting the part numbers listed in cww's post, cause it looks like they added the WRX assemblies to this page as well: http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?gclid=CjwKEAjwy8bABRD5osXMovTHpmQSJACfZY0FcQHWMz683N91XRuRWd6KIoiHa48sZGKAkFNAWnSjlhoCGKPw_wcB&make=Koni&model=Sport+Cartridge&partnum=8610-1453SPORT&GCID=C13674x012-suspension&KEYWORD=suspension_Koni_Sport_Cartridge&code=yes&group=Sport&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Impreza+WRX+5-Door&autoYear=2014&autoModClar=Standard+Model&checkVehicle=&src=17540115&ci_sku=8610-1453SPORT&ci_sku=8610-1453SPORT&ci_src=17588969&ef_id=WBJ6ywAAAIApBKwd:20161027220811:s

Edited by Humble Rumble

How sketchy would it be to reuse a drilled rear strut mount (KYB inserts) with stock struts? I am selling the car and putting it back to stock. Will it be ok or should I buy new rear strut mounts?

I think you mean Koni, not KYB. In any case, just buy new rear tophats, they are pretty cheap, and keep the drilled one with the Koni's.

before I pull the trigger on this mod that is making my head spin wondering if I can even do this can someone quickly tell me if this is correct...

I need:

Koni Sport cartridge insert #8610-1453 sport x2... bc I have a 2010 LGT so I have the

"donor" housing?

AND Koni #8010-1055 x2 for rear?

And looks like tire rack has the front listed as special order

Edited by MySubieII

before I pull the trigger on this mod that is making my head spin wondering if I can even do this can someone quickly tell me if this is correct...

I need:

Koni Sport cartridge insert #8610-1453 sport x2... bc I have a 2010 LGT so I have the

"donor" housing?

AND Koni #8010-1055 x2 for rear?

correct. :)

any spring with koni other than swifts are going to ride fine.

The konis make it or break it.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I did daily the car for the first year and a little bit after the Koni's and H&R's were installed. I liked it and for me it was great for a daily, but we have pretty good roads here. They are stiff and the progressive rate ramps up quickly in the first inch of compression.

Go with my setup Koni inserts already assembled in donors and RCE Blacks. All you have to do is swap out top hats :)

Or save everyone time with the spring compressors and just leave yours assembled with tophats when you sell them. Aftermarket tophats for your going back to stock setup are cheap. How many miles on them?

Gonna pickup up a Megan 22mm hollow adjustable. Planning on changing End links since car has close to 92K. Planning on Moog End Links, but are Mevotech any good? Similar price on RockAuto.

my mevotechs last 2 days before the seals broke and leaked grease. both sides.

no joke. stay away!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk