LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

maybe everyone already know this but 1" of tire height increases the ground clearance by a 1/2".

switching from 225/45 to 225/55 on my stock 18" wheels would increase sidewall width by ~0.88 inches.

https://www.stillen.com/rs-r-2010-2012-subaru-legacysports-i-series-coilovers-xbif660m.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA64uyBRCVmKyT2vuAjzgSJADfINB6CXkI57ndxZi_B9uZ6djiIM2aGSNoPLByPN_yC53ohhoCBdrw_wcB

Found these while surfing the web today. Don't know if anyone knows about these yet but I thought I'd let everyone know. They look really nice but they're pretty expensive

So I switched out my lca's to adjustables. Since they were used, they are still set to the previous owners setting. The alignment shop by my job is cheaper and I was planning on going there Monday but they don't have anything available until Tuesday. The place by my house is a lot more expensive but I should be able to get it done Monday morning. Would I be able to drive it until Tuesday? It's about 30 miles each way. I took it for a quick spin and it didn't feel weird but when I hit a few bumps I felt like a slight wiggle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
So after going through most of this page and different set ups, I do know that the Koni Yellows would fit my '12 Legacy as long as I use the Legacy Top Hats. My question is I was on KONI's website and saw they have a Sport Kit for the 2008+ WRX non-STI that comes with H&R springs. Would that kit work for me as well as long as I use the Legacy Top hats? They have a decent deal on them right now.

No. The springs in the sport kit are for a WRX. You need just the shocks for 08+ WRX

Front inserts....8610-1453S

Rear shocks.....8010-1055S

These guys have the best price and they are a forum vendor.

http://www.emnotek.com/p-3904-subaru-koni-sport-adjustable-shocks-struts.aspx

For springs, if you want H&R springs (what I have) you want the 54427-2 for the 3.6R Legacy.

Edited by GTEASER

It will, but you'll end up lower in the front by an additional half inch, I believe. Fredrik had that setup at one point and I believe he may have made a thread about it.

Edit: see below

Edited by cww516

It will, but you'll end up lower in the front by an additional half inch, I believe. Fredrik had that setup at one point and I believe he may have made a thread about it.

NO. This is wrong. Whoever it was, not Fred, used Legacy lowering springs, RCE blacks, but used Impreza WRX strut bodies for the front donors which have a spring perch that is 1/2" lower than the Legacy perch. Fred always used Legacy stuff.

I'll defer to your memory on this one, but I'll have to do some digging- could very well be the strut bodies I'm thinking of.

Edit: closest I could find was someone else asking about that combo deal, and you saying the springs wouldn't work. Must be losing it- clearly I need to go to the bar rather than try for an extra internet point in the pic challenge game...

Edited by cww516

NO. This is wrong. Whoever it was, not Fred, used Legacy lowering springs, RCE blacks, but used Impreza WRX strut bodies for the front donors which have a spring perch that is 1/2" lower than the Legacy perch. Fred always used Legacy stuff.

This.

The perch is 3/8" lower and the car height ends up 1/2" lower.

For all intents and purposes...1/2". The rake was not bad at all.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Recently my suspension feels very "loose" compared to a couple weeks ago.. When i hit bumps the car seems to wiggle a bit, and feels as if i lose control for a split second. It feels very boaty.. When i hit a bump around a bend the car feels like it strafes slightly, and honestly it's a bit frightening. It feels front-end related but i can't exactly tell. The only suspension mods i have are H&R springs, a 20mm RSB, and poly front and rear SB bushings, which i've had all for over a year with no issues until now.

Nothing looks abnormal underneath, but before this issue my buddy used my LCAs (passenger rear and driver front, not at the same time of course) when removing my wheels for some stud maintenance. Entirely different issue.. Wheels are torqued, tire pressure regular, everything looks ok.. Could raising the corners of the car with the LCAs have caused this instability? I can't imagine needing an alignment, as nothing has been recently modified..

I would check everything that was removed or replaced to make sure everything is tight.

I would also NEVER let anyone jack my car up on an LCA. Our cars have fantastic jack points easily available, there is no excuse to use a pinch weld or suspension component for jacking other than laziness. That being said, I don't think your friends poor choice of jacking point would cause your problem.

Sounds to me like you have a blown shock or two. I was having a hard time driving my car with the H&Rs on the stock shocks for the 3 months it took me to get the Koni install coordinated, it was awful, totally oversprung. I couldn't imagine what those shocks are like after a year with the H&Rs. Granted, your stock 2013 shocks are better than my stock shocks, but probably not by much.

Edited by GTEASER