LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

No, the rears are identical to 2008-2014 WRX. The Legacy front struts have the 1/2" higher spring perch in the front to clear the Legacy's larger OEM tire size. You will still need the typical 1/2" of Fozz saggy butt spacer PLUS another 1/2" to make up for the higher front spring perch. Although, you may get away with only 1/2" spacer because the Bilsteins have 3 spring perch settings in the rear, -5mm, 0, +5mm. You won't know really exactly how much spacer you will need to even out ride height until you get them on the car.

So without changing the struts and springs on my 3.6R what would be best modifications to improve handling?

I figure adjustable RSB.

What else? Should I upgrade FSB? I have '12 3.6R.

Would Cusco Power Braces make a difference... Or should I look at upgrading all the bushings?

So without changing the struts and springs on my 3.6R what would be best modifications to improve handling?

I figure adjustable RSB.

What else? Should I upgrade FSB? I have '12 3.6R.

Would Cusco Power Braces make a difference... Or should I look at upgrading all the bushings?

2013+ FSB, 22mm RSB, adjustable rear lower control arms, custom alignment, proper tire pressures.

or...stay with your 2012 FSB, add 19mm or 20mm subaru RSB, adjustable rear lower control arms, custom alignment, proper tire pressures.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

im back again, to bother, again...sorry haha.

anyone have any actual pics of part#20323AGooB (lgt upper spring seat)? im wondering if its the same as part#20323AG000 (similar era wrx version). i cant find any pics of the lgt one...even for a visual comparison.

Edited by FXTerrific

I really think you're flogging a dead horse at this point. Just order your setup, and the Legacy upper spring seats. They will work with the Bilsteins, the Blacks and the SH tophats. You're using springs intended for the Legacy, so you need Legacy upper spring seats.

i know. without a picture, or something in my hand...i tend to make things "difficult". as much as it prevents later headaches...it sure promotes current ones.

waiting on the arrival of the bils/blacks combo...time wasted mulling over smaller details. lol.

Did you read my post in the "Lowering SH Forester Options" thread? You didn't "thank" it, so I don't know.

The attachment of the speed sensor cable is different between WRX/STi/Forester and Legacy. Legacy uses a plastic clip, the others use clamp that is bolted to the strut. They attach to the strut at the same point though. You should just be able to use a small bolt, nut and few washers to make the attachment from your speed sensor cable clamp to the tab on the Legacy strut.

http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2010_Legacy25L-6MT-4WDPremium-Sedan/_54106_6021379/ANTILOCK-BRAKE-SYSTEM/B14-267-01.html

http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2010_Forester25L-TURBO-4AT/_54106_6021396/ANTILOCK-BRAKE-SYSTEM-ABS-SENSOR/S12-267-01.html

i know. without a picture, or something in my hand...i tend to make things "difficult". as much as it prevents later headaches...it sure promotes current ones.

You are trying something that hasn't been done before. The expertise of other members on the forums, and info available for parts, can only provide so much issue mitigation. You are bound to run into something that none of us considered or could realistically be foreseen. I personally don't think there will be any issues, and I almost went where you are currently going to lower my Fozz, but I didn't chose my route because this one scared me, it's definitely doable with little to no issues.

I really think you're flogging a dead horse at this point. Just order your setup, and the Legacy upper spring seats. They will work with the Bilsteins, the Blacks and the SH tophats. You're using springs intended for the Legacy, so you need Legacy upper spring seats.

I'm going for this same setup on my 2.5i, what brand is SH for the tophats? That's the one thing I haven't seen too much on here for tophat options.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Anyone running a 22mm Whiteline RSB and Kartboy rear endlinks care to help me figure out what the specs (OD/ID/TH) of the 2 spacers used between the LCA's and endlink bushings. I've searched for days and only been continuously led to the FSB spacers which is the right one for the front side of the LCA but the back it thicker and I would prefer not to use 10 washers. Plus possibly the length of the 8mm bolts used to replace the stock bolt for the Whiteline subframe braces.

Edit: Spacers resolved, if anyone wants to know they are 1"OD x 1/4"TH (same as fronts) and the other one is 1/2"TH and they are undsized ID then drilled out by KB for a better fitment. As for the M8 bolts I've still not found a definite solution but there are plenty of hardware stores close by so that one should be easy.

Edited by foxrider28

a while back, one of the 2.5i guys put wrx struts and springs on a legacy. The drop up front was almost 1". 1/2" came from the spring perch on the strut, and the other 1/2"+ came from the spring itself.

If you decide to run STI springs with Legacy struts, you will drop the front by 1/2"

I will assume the STI springs are at same ride height as WRX springs....just stiffer.

You owe me BIG time for finding this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2009-wrx-oem-setup-2013-legacy-6mt-200789.html

It was buried on page 5 of my Koni write up:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/koni-inserts-built-13-oem-housing-205705p5.html

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek