LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

^^^^ thanks for the info man!

also, what are the stiffest springs out there for 5th gen legacy (or 4th gen as well, id they can work)?? other then ones listed in OP. anything up close to 300#?

Nope, nothing close to 300. Stiffest published rate is RCE, and H&R is close to the same, maybe stiffer by butt comparison, but can't be verified because of lack of published numbers.

Edited by GTEASER

^^^^ thanks for the info man!

also, what are the stiffest springs out there for 5th gen legacy (or 4th gen as well, id they can work)?? other then ones listed in OP. anything up close to 300#?

Honestly, you will be better off running rce tarmac zeros. give miles a call and find out what he thinks.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 4 weeks later...

URGENT...!

Hi guys, I am in the middle of swapping out the springs set and I made a little mistake. I forgot to mark one of the piece before I removed. Can any of you help me pointing to the right direction? I need to adjust that top piece to the correct setting. Thanks in advance.

Vu

P.s.: I removed both sides w/o marking them.

25591073402_66f0037006_k.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Both the teins and Megan's and entry level coils for entry level needs. Nice thing about the teisn you are just adjusting height. Pretty much a set it and forget it coil. No complaints with mine and I yet I drove to Cali and to Conneticut. Plenty comfy for me, bouncy over the big stuff but otherwise town driving is pretty forgiving since rates are mild. 5/7 iirc

Both the teins and Megan's and entry level coils for entry level needs. Nice thing about the teisn you are just adjusting height. Pretty much a set it and forget it coil. No complaints with mine and I yet I drove to Cali and to Conneticut. Plenty comfy for me, bouncy over the big stuff but otherwise town driving is pretty forgiving since rates are mild. 5/7 iirc

I think the rate is 5k/4k, so 280lb/225lb.

Random... Our coils will fit what year of foresters? Or will they?

Yessir, they will, direct bolt in except for front tophats/camber plates. The Forester uses WRX tophats.

However, when putting Legacy coilovers in the Forester, it's going to be like a 3.0" to 3.5" drop all around even on the highest setting. On the Fozz, anything over 3.5" drop is going to be slammed, so the coilovers will have to be pretty close to the top.

Edited by GTEASER

I just installed Megan ezStreets coils 650 around same price as twin basics but Megan comes with top hats as tein doesn't

Where was this at? Their website lists them at $899. For another $100 I could get front camber plates included and more adjustability..

And definitely want something that will be a little more forgiving, therefore the Tein is a no go then. Want a good mixture of driveability/ride without having to crush the wallet

So almost a wash, but also with more adjust ability. The street coils are "32 way adjustable" as opposed to not with the ezStreets. And as stated, the Megans are 7/6 vs 6/5.

Just looking for input and advise here is all.

Well check out various vendors for tax season deals. Actaully.,,......TEIN Street Basis Coilover Kit; OEM Front Upper Mount; OEM Rear Upper Mount; Not EDFC Compatable SUBARU LEGACY http://thmotorsports.com/tein/tein-dampers-street-basis/gss9211ss2/i-1677965.aspx (Share from CM Browser)

Doesn't get any better than that. 550shipped is a deal.

Well check out various vendors for tax season deals. Actaully.,,......TEIN Street Basis Coilover Kit; OEM Front Upper Mount; OEM Rear Upper Mount; Not EDFC Compatable SUBARU LEGACY http://thmotorsports.com/tein/tein-dampers-street-basis/gss9211ss2/i-1677965.aspx (Share from CM Browser)

Doesn't get any better than that. 550shipped is a deal.

Thanks for the link. I honestly was going to give the new Godspeed MonoMax a try. But the offer above is too good, new top hats included and free shipping. At max height the Teins provide a 1.4" drop up front and .4 out back according to the spec sheets. Just lower the rears a bit. Not looking for slammed. Thanks s2baru. Got pics with the new wheels yet?

Thanks for the link. I honestly was going to give the new Godspeed MonoMax a try. But the offer above is too good, new top hats included and free shipping. At max height the Teins provide a 1.4" drop up front and .4 out back according to the spec sheets. Just lower the rears a bit. Not looking for slammed. Thanks s2baru. Got pics with the new wheels yet?

Guess you haven't heard/read yet http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5358254

Edited by foxrider28

Any advice on my upcoming install?

Just remove the rear lower control arms. You'll probably end up having to anyways so just get them out of the way and make it easier on yourself.