LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

And you don't want inserts why? They are hands down the BEST shock option for anywhere close to the money.

And, they can be built for you by at least one guy on here ;)

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

And you don't want inserts why? They are hands down the BEST shock option for anywhere close to the money.

I do not want to cut my current suspension nor do I want to look for donors. Plus donors + inserts + springs is getting close to the above mentioned setups

I do not want to cut my current suspension nor do I want to look for donors. Plus donors + inserts + springs is getting close to the above mentioned setups

My Koni yellows set will be for sale when it's off my car tomorrow, I don't need anyone's stock struts. I've had them for roughly 5k miles, never tracked or abused.

My Koni yellows set will be for sale when it's off my car tomorrow, I don't need anyone's stock struts. I've had them for roughly 5k miles, never tracked or abused.

win/win

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

How much additional drop do we get from Koni/H&R as opposed to Stock/H&R? Is it negligible?

It is the same drop.

I should clarify...if fronts were built with wrx donors as in my case, fronts would be ~3/8" lower than if they were built with legacy donors. I liked this rake and it worked fine.

Rears will always be the same as they are already "built".

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, looking to get some sports springs on my 2013 2.5i Premium. Everything is stock as of now, but if I like the lowered look and decide to stick with it, I might get some 18" wheels. Is that recommended? Or should I get wheels first?

Has anyone tried the Kspecs aphault rally specs on there 5th gen non GT yet. I deliver pizza in my poor baby and I want to replace the McPherson assembly with a set of coilovers that can take the rough New England wintery roads. any suggestions? Edited by blusubado

Has anyone tried the Kspecs aphault rally specs on there 5th gen non GT yet. I deliver pizza in my poor baby and I want to replace the McPherson assembly with a set of coilovers that can take the rough New England wintery roads. any suggestions?

any coilover will be universally worse at this than a fixed perch strut and spring.

just get konis

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=Koni&model=Sport+Cartridge&group=Sport&partNum=8610-1453SPORT&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Impreza+5-Door&autoYear=2010&autoModClar=2.5i

The fitment for our cars isn't officially for our cars, but the rears are identical to the previous generation WRX, and the front WRX inserts are compatible with our front housings. As far as springs, Koni pairs their shocks with H&R springs. This guy is similar to what you'll want if you're looking to go that route, but you'll want the 54427.1 version (assuming you have a 2.5i)- that link is for 3.6R springs, which Ea little stiffer up front. Unfortunately, I don't have those bookmarked.