LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Forgot who posted this a while ago, but there is a nice Koni/HR spring combo that was on clearance for like $700 on Tire Rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...odClar=Premium

Has anyone tried this set-up?

Personally I was thinking about going with the 2014 springs and some KYB's when my struts were ready to be replaced.

Forgot who posted this a while ago, but there is a nice Koni/HR spring combo that was on clearance for like $700 on Tire Rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...odClar=Premium

Has anyone tried this set-up?

Personally I was thinking about going with the 2014 springs and some KYB's when my struts were ready to be replaced.

That won't work for us. It is WRX specific, while the shocks are essentially the same as the ones we use, the springs are not and you will be too low and get unknown results from the spring rate difference.

If you want Koni and H&R for our cars you need to buy the 08+ WRX Koni's and Legacy specific H&R springs separately.

Hey guys,

I have an n/a 2.5i 5th gen (2010). I REALLY want to lower her a little. I actually lowered my prius using just the coil springs from tanabe and I loved the difference. It looked 100x better handled 1000x better and dropped it about 1.5 inches.

I just got 18's and I am hating the wheel gap haha, Car handles so much better now with the bigger wheel, but I want more.

I see the Tein SKS92-AUB00 which are for the 2010 LGT, but it doesn't mention anything about the 2.5i .

Just wanted to clarify if these would fit on my 2.5i BEFORE I spend my money and get pissed because they don't fit :p

Please help me out ! Also, if they do and anyone has any for sale PM me! :) haha

Hey guys,

I have an n/a 2.5i 5th gen (2010). I REALLY want to lower her a little. I actually lowered my prius using just the coil springs from tanabe and I loved the difference. It looked 100x better handled 1000x better and dropped it about 1.5 inches.

I just got 18's and I am hating the wheel gap haha, Car handles so much better now with the bigger wheel, but I want more.

I see the Tein SKS92-AUB00 which are for the 2010 LGT, but it doesn't mention anything about the 2.5i .

Just wanted to clarify if these would fit on my 2.5i BEFORE I spend my money and get pissed because they don't fit :p

Please help me out ! Also, if they do and anyone has any for sale PM me! :) haha

Yep, they'll fit.

Suspension question for the experts:

I am trying to finish all the projects which I bought stuff for on my GT. I currently have Bilstein/RCE Black combo with stockers and spacers. A while back I bought a used set of Megan LCA'S & J2 toe arms. I bougth the Megans to fix the rear camber. In the future IF i do decide to change wheels it'll be either 18x8, 18.x8.5 or 19x8. Since I am not looking to lower the car anymore, would I have any issues with the Toe and need the J2 toe arms? Or should the rear camber be my only issue. Just trying to figure out if I need to buy the tools for the toe arms so I install them at the same time. But if I don't need them, i'll sell them.

So I've got an issue and maybe you know it alls can help me out here. Recently put on a set of 19's with 255 series tires and a bit of an offset so they stick out further. The other day I hit a pothole and it sounded like the rear wheel was hitting the fender. My first thought was that the wheels are too big or I might need an alignment but the more i drive I notice that only the one tires hits the wheel well.

With further inspection I see my driver rear fender is sitting about half an inch closer to the tire than the rest. I didnt remove the strut but I did look in the trunk and its not popping through and inspected the arms but doesnt look like anything has bent or broken there.

When I jacked the car up to look underneath I didnt notice anything but when i dropped the car it stayed at the proper height and within a few minutes sagged down.

Now to me that sounds like the strut is done for, but I dont have that bouncy feeling in the back when I rock the bumper.

Could the single spring have weakened enough, or does this sound like the strut to you guys or something else? Top mount, arms, etc...

Im in a bind so I'm hoping I dont need to get new struts and springs but I dont think I can drive on this for very long on any bouncy or potholed roads.

Thanks, I'll try to roll the fender tonight.

Im not 100% sure about the offset because I got em secondhand but they're 19x9.5 +40 with 255/40/19's.

The springs are definitely soft but my bigger question is why an empty car would sit half an inch lower on one side and its the only wheel that touches the fender(tested with powder on the fender). Is it only because the springs are too soft or should i be worrying about changing my strut as well? Guess I should just take it to the shop.

So given that I am running the Bilstein Eibach combo, I obviously have some camber issues in the rear. I see a lot of talk about new rear lca's, but does anyone have any experience with the whilteline rear upper bushing camber kit? I would like lca's, but they are pricey and this seems like a much more affordable option.

TIA

Hi there, At the moment I am looking at getting a 24mm front sway bar and also the 22mm rear sway bar by whiteline, going onto a 2010 subaru liberty gt manual, located in Australia I am , sydney, I was wondering whats the go in terms of simplicity of the install of these bar? I am unsure whether to purchase and get everything done through a shop or whether to do install on the weekend with my dad whos mechanically minded.

Any experience here with installing of the white line bars? how long it take roughly, is it simple or complicated ect.

Hi there, At the moment I am looking at getting a 24mm front sway bar and also the 22mm rear sway bar by whiteline, going onto a 2010 subaru liberty gt manual, located in Australia I am , sydney, I was wondering whats the go in terms of simplicity of the install of these bar? I am unsure whether to purchase and get everything done through a shop or whether to do install on the weekend with my dad whos mechanically minded.

Any experience here with installing of the white line bars? how long it take roughly, is it simple or complicated ect.

I did that exact setup earlier this year.

Good news: the rear bar is very easy. It's almost fun. Just pop under there and switch it out.

Bad news: The front bar is impossible. You have to raise the engine to get it in.

My advice would be to do the rear yourself and pay a shop to do the front.

I did that exact setup earlier this year.

Good news: the rear bar is very easy. It's almost fun. Just pop under there and switch it out.

Bad news: The front bar is impossible. You have to raise the engine to get it in.

My advice would be to do the rear yourself and pay a shop to do the front.

wow i didn't realize the front bar was such a pain to do the install. Oks thanks for the information, I was hoping that they would both be a simple install and doable at home......

Not on the LGT... yes on the 2.5i and 3.6R

I mentioned the same in your separate thread when I directed you here.

Cheers, also how dose the different settings effect the handling characteristics of the car, like soft, medium, hard ect?

Another Aussie here with the exact same setup.

Replace your endlinks while you're under there. I have Kartboy front and rear endlinks. If you get them, GET THE SPACER KIT FOR THE FRONT. I didn't initially and chopped out the front end link bushes in less than 5,000km...

I have both my bars set on the hardest setting. I first had the rear on medium but the car understeered too much for my liking, I enjoy it much more with both of them on hard.

Everyone is correct regarding the front sway bar, the shop that did mine dropped the steering rack to get it in from memory.