LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW. from your videos, that looks to be some SPECTACULAR update speeds for the LEDs. Definitely no issue with digital "rate of change" information loss. I'm definitely interested in this.. I'm a short drive south of you in Charlottesville so if you need testing in another 06LGT 5MT. Lemmie know, I'm electronicallyand mechanically inclined and I'd be glad to take a trip up there and test this for/with you.

small update:

I have been running this thing in my car this week, I think were almost there. The graphics overlay came and is looking pretty darn good. I wish I had pics. I think I will be able to post some later this week if not tomorrow.

There is a small list of improvements to make to the software, before I let the few beta testers tear into this. If all goes well I think I can get the beta units out in early may.

I also have tentative pricing. Looks like this is going to run about $250.

I might be ordering some blue OLED screens so people can have a choice between white and blue. Honestly the white matches the dash nicely. You guys have to see the night shot of this thing...

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

small update:

I have been running this thing in my car this week, I think were almost there. The graphics overlay came and is looking pretty darn good. I wish I had pics. I think I will be able to post some later this week if not tomorrow.

There is a small list of improvements to make to the software, before I let the few beta testers tear into this. If all goes well I think I can get the beta units out in early may.

I also have tentative pricing. Looks like this is going to run about $250.

I might be ordering some blue OLED screens so people can have a choice between white and blue. Honestly the white matches the dash nicely. You guys have to see the night shot of this thing...

NICE! good to hear that it's going so well. Can't wait to see the final product.

My previous offer to help still stands, I'd be glad to drive up from C'ville one of these weekends and help you out with a beta test/test install.

Not much of an update but I do have some nice pics to show you:

I said before the graphics overlay is in...and now you can see it. They did a nice job and I think it looks pretty good.

I had to do cut-outs for the OLED screens. originally I wanted them to sit behind the transparent section of the overlay however sunlight visibility requirements drove me to just do a cutout. The result is a surface that isn't truly flat black but pretty close.

You can also see the small clear square I needed for the ambient light sensor on this thing. To get good resolution for daylight/night time sensing I needed to do the small transparent square.

How about some answered questions:

wow looking great...do you have a regular job while trying to do all this too? haha

Unfortunately :lol:

RE: LC1 outputs...

You might want to set up the range a little bit narrower... anything over 17-18 is way lean...

I'd ask the folks at innovative for some advise if I were you...

Crash had a good point earlier as I look into more and more details of this thing...I get that 17-18 is lean. However I have see some youtube videos of AFR jumping to 20 after they get off the gas does this happen? I'm asking because I want to handle the warmup state from the LC-1 correctly. This is where you beta testers with LC-1 come in right?

for example: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTxcee-ywMs&feature=fvw]YouTube- Innovate LC1 vx220 turbo wideband lambda gauge[/ame]

Any more idea of a possible release date on this sucker?

I'm shotting to get a few - and I mean maybe 3 or 4 done for early may so I can get these with beta testers for some good feedback.

pure.awesomeness. ...not too terrible of a price tag, either...

Thanks for the feedback - I'm trying to keep the price low. It really helps to leverage the vent as the main mechanical support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegacyDan

any idea if you would be able to do up a small batch for your RHD brethren? pretty please!

I've already asked

Hey there's two requests. I will look into is once this thing is final. I think it wont be to hard to make a RHD version. keep reminding me.

Oh and next post - how about some daylight shots? Thanks for hanging in there with me and all the feedback.

DSC05708.thumb.jpg.79d64b737a18864f8445790f2a945c38.jpg

DSC05713.thumb.jpg.04109326d6875b12ddff2e143ed8f479.jpg

DSC05714.thumb.jpg.3c914df406fb0c8674b960f985bd8c0d.jpg

DSC05684.thumb.jpg.68cf18364a2fbd3542b87428ba87523f.jpg

DSC05687.thumb.jpg.e159bb6fe0df26e3f96b77a36c7ca16d.jpg

DSC05688.thumb.jpg.7ea64b66b2e196e42a6f084fa72738c7.jpg

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

lossol, I am somewhat concerned about the durability of the mounting "clips" or rather the likelyhood of damage at install. They are PCB board. Would it be overkill to throw in a metal plate in the same cutting tool and use that as backing? I never held it in my hand so my fear may be totally unfounded.

Crash had a good point earlier as I look into more and more details of this thing...I get that 17-18 is lean. However I have see some youtube videos of AFR jumping to 20 after they get off the gas does this happen? I'm asking because I want to handle the warmup state from the LC-1 correctly. This is where you beta testers with LC-1 come in right?

for example:

When you get off the gas, the fuel is cut so it goes lean... You may just want to do some searching/communicating with some folks at Innovate... I don't know which is better, more resolution around Stoic or knowing exactly how lean/rich you are...