LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of glad that I am just stumbling across this thread now, because I would have been foaming at the mouth for the last 6 months waiting for this.

So I have coined the name VBG1 for this thing. I have been working on a manual for operation. I have also added the ability to program startup text on each screen. Basically you have 7 Characters for each screen, completely custom. So you can have it flash whatever you like for the splash screen. It also mimics the sweep of the LGT gauges.

7 characters per screen could give you

SUBARU | LEGACY (default) or LEGACY | GT or WAIT TO | START (someone mentioned that before)

So the code is semi-officially done. Just tweaking a few minor things. I have been updating the code on the unit in my car and running with it everyday. Looks like it has been in my car since 03-22-2010 or so. Yikes how time flies.

VBG1.jpg.1dd0e8ee2736c15e4bd60cc1f8273a98.jpg

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

So I have coined the name VBG1 for this thing. I have been working on a manual for operation. I have also added the ability to program startup text on each screen. Basically you have 7 Characters for each screen, completely custom. So you can have it flash whatever you like for the splash screen. It also mimics the sweep of the LGT gauges.

SUBARU | LEGACY (default) or LEGACY | GT or WAIT TO | START (someone mentioned that before)

Make it say 'tangcla' ;)

So the code is semi-officially done. Just tweaking a few minor things. I have been updating the code on the unit in my car and running with it everyday. Looks like it has been in my car since 03-22-2010 or so. Yikes how time flies.

Sweet that was exactly what I was hoping for. It means that I can have "SUBARU | OUTBACK" or the "WAIT TO | START"

Really excited now!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Assuming this would work for 09 OBXT . . . if so, please add me for serious consideration.

I intend to be the first one to find out if it works in an 09 OBXT!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I foresee a whole thread on programming messages into the startup text.

e.g. KICK|A$$

Probably, lol.

KICKASS | LGT would fit...

I'll probably do WAIT TO | START or SUBARU | OUTBACK

How about... IS THIS | DONEYET ....Getting closer

Do you have a new time frame as to when these will be available? We're all very excited and anxious!

Not yet, Beta units will be out first, Beta tester list will be posted after the manual is finished. I think there will be 3 beta testers selected from the numerous requests. They will get the gauge for 150 bucks. Thats 100 dollars off the projected price. Hopefully they will all post nice pictures and review and or fix requests.

Assuming this would work for 09 OBXT . . . if so, please add me for serious consideration.

I would think it would, should be the same drivers side vent as the regular LGTs.

I intend to be the first one to find out if it works in an 09 OBXT!

...and I guess BAC5.2 will find out for us.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com