LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lolsol..

The new features sound awesome!

What type of input(s) are you planning for future use? 8mm jack perhaps?

FWIW, I *really* like the curve of the leds on the 1st prototype.

FWIW, I *really* like the curve of the leds on the 1st prototype.
I do too, actually, The curve gives it a much nicer display shape. I'd be happy with a curve as well as a single (or two digit) display to show boost in numbers as well.

My main request? Make it so the remaining vents can still be moved up/down and left/right.

I'd be upset to lose that versatility.

Other than that, I'm down for one!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

original gtboost under clock was awesome! like everything i'm reading in this thread. i do like the curved style leds better as far as form goes, but if it compromises function then no biggie.

boost, afr, and oil pressure or egt would be awesome. ill settle for 2 for now if it helps get this thing running so you can take time to make a revision down the road.

ideally i would like the boost and afr displayed by the leds and things like oil pressure or egt on the numeric display. prob easiest to toggle between them instead of having 4 diff types of info displayed at once. that would be messy. i always liked how easy it was to read the original gt boost and never needed a numeric display for boost.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Looks like if there may be plenty of interest for RHD. Thanks for the responses.

Also how far away from production is this?

I'm shooting for end of first quarter 2010. I dont take pre-orders because this date may slip a little but I'm working pretty hard to get this off the ground. I would really like to have one in my car too. ;)

What type of input(s) are you planning for future use? 8mm jack perhaps?

not sure yet, basically the way it is now is that the processor and the display unit sit on the same board in the vent. then you will have one small ribbon cable to go to another small board with the sending unit (pressure sensor) and power hookup. In that cable there is extra lines for communication.This could be used to talk to many things including a daughter board which would interface to other gauges. I'm going to start simple with just boost and AFR via LC-1 analog voltage.

My main request? Make it so the remaining vents can still be moved up/down and left/right.

Me too! I have attached a pic. (it's the gen one prototype) but it shows how much of the vent is actually open. The left / right, up/down seems to be unaffected.

DSC05369.thumb.jpg.0d8746f449ec8e1b16a34e2a9c27c868.jpg

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

Will it be smoked (dark) so it looks like the VFD for the clock?

Yes - the details are still being worked out but the cover will be a flat black graphic overlay of some sort.

It's still to be proven but the buttons to interface this thing will be capacitive touch. Basically nothing will protrude the flat black plastic overlay.

gloss or matte finish?

i was thinking matt, less reflection? what do you guys think? The displays may require the finish to be gloss. Not sure yet.

To give you guys an idea of how packed this thing is, here is pic of the latest routing on the PCB.

proto2.thumb.jpg.fbb3d389342a4f467429aae5bec20f01.jpg

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

Can we settle halfway with a satin finish? :D

also I much prefer the curved shape of the original LEDs (as per your avatar). I would be happy with just a boost gauge with no other parameters, moving the dispaly far to the right and having an even more stylized curve :)

I want a satin-y finish. Something that blends into the color of the vent nicely, as to not stand out when off.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Me likey.

Did you say OLED screens, or did I imagine it? Any chance we could get customizable startup screens?

I'd like one that blinks "Wait To Start" until the needle sweep is done!

what about building in it a programmable shift light functionality where the curved LED bar would be rpm and the next gear up/down would be displayed based on a programmable input?

(example)

I if I am in 4th gear and I am revving less than 2000 rpm; indicator would be GEAR DOWN...but if I am in 4th and revving 3000 rpm it would display GEAR UP ?