LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I if I am in 4th gear and I am revving less than 2000 rpm; indicator would be GEAR DOWN...but if I am in 4th and revving 3000 rpm it would display GEAR UP ?

Look man, if you can't drive stick for shit and need lights, just do what I did, buy an autotragic :lol:

Just giving you a hard time ;) Your idea is a good one but I think the positioning of this gadget might be problematic.

Volt meter possible?

Why?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Did you say OLED screens, or did I imagine it? Any chance we could get customizable startup screens?

I'd like one that blinks "Wait To Start" until the needle sweep is done!

Yup OLED - like this one.

what about building in it a programmable shift light functionality

Maybe someday as an add-on, or part of an expansion of features. But right now I'm focusing on AFR via LC-1 or PLX (thanks LittleBlueGT - good idea). Adding AFR only requires sampling a 0-5 Volt signal.

Any chance of integrating it with a PLX WB?

I think the chances are as good as getting it to work with the LC-1. Looks like both companies document the output specifications clearly. Great idea.

Volt meter possible?
Yup - good idea, let me add that capability.

Current proposed features (not guaranteed):

• Peak and hold option
  • Programmable hold time
  • Peak and hold history
  • Programmable Boost alarm
  • Boost alarm Solid state relay - to trigger external whatever.
  • Wideband display (LC-1 compatible)
  • Wideband display (PLX compatible)
  • customizable startup screens
  • Volt meter
  • Blackout mode - no display
  • Automatic ambient light sensing to adjust brightness

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

How about "Powering up Flux Capacitor" that changes to "Ready."

:lol:

i gotta check if the AEM UEGO WBO2 uses the same type of signal as LC-1 and PLX...

that list of features looks awesome. i really cannot wait. wanted a boost gauge for some time but i use my cubby and dont want the a-pillar....

I'd be happy with changing to "Ready" after the needle sweep is done.

Any way to make that display user-configurable?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

why?

yup - good idea, let me add that capability.

• peak and hold option
  • programmable hold time
  • peak and hold history
  • programmable boost alarm
  • boost alarm solid state relay - to trigger external whatever.
  • wideband display (lc-1 compatible)
  • wideband display (plx compatible)
  • volt meter
  • blackout mode - no display
  • automatic ambient light sensing to adjust brightness

boom ;)

Looks pretty good!

What color will the screen/LED display? Red?

ok, I approve.

Any ideas on the startup animation?

• Peak and hold option
  • Programmable hold time
  • Peak and hold history
  • Programmable Boost alarm
  • Boost alarm Solid state relay - to trigger external whatever.
  • Wideband display (LC-1 compatible)
  • Wideband display (PLX compatible)
  • Volt meter
  • Blackout mode - no display
  • Automatic ambient light sensing to adjust brightness

Yeah, but will it cook me breakfast? :lol:

What ballpark $$$ wise are you thinking?

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

Update: The first prototype for this new style is off to the board house. And they should have it turned around and back to me early next week. Until then I'm acquiring all the parts to build the prototype. That should give me a good idea of where we will be on pricing. So I don't have a number yet, but soon.

Any ideas on the startup animation?

I'm trying to match something similar to the LGT gauge cluster. MAy be a couple different options that are user selectable. I mean wht not really. idontknow posted gauge sweeps for two model years earlier in this post (thanks). With some differences noted, maybe this is anoher good reason it should be user configurable. With two small OLED screens, I should be able to make an easy (user friendly) menu system.

Thanks for convicing me to go back to the curved leds. I think you guys are right, it looks a little better. Also there are 27 Leds on the board, (25 for bar graph, 2 for backlit capactivie touch buttons, and 1 shared for buttons and grapch) Anyway, with so many damn leds it gives a lot of flexibility for display options.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

any idea on an anticipated price?

^

update: The first prototype for this new style is off to the board house. And they should have it turned around and back to me early next week. Until then i'm acquiring all the parts to build the prototype. That should give me a good idea of where we will be on pricing. So i don't have a number yet, but soon.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Thanks for convicing me to go back to the curved leds. I think you guys are right, it looks a little better. Also there are 27 Leds on the board, (25 for bar graph, 2 for backlit capactivie touch buttons, and 1 shared for buttons and grapch) Anyway, with so many damn leds it gives a lot of flexibility for display options.

w00t!!!

It's like Extreme Programming for aftermarket parts!