LegacyGT.com

Aczwild's '96 Legacy GT Project Car...

Aczwild

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not much progress, a bunch of things have come up lately and I havent had time to work on her. About the only thing that has gone down is I got the 2 Sabelt 6-point racing harnesses in. I am really hoping to get the engine out of the other car soon and I think I'm gonna hold on to some of the money I get from selling the '97 instead of putting it towards the down payment and get the front of the '96 repaired

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Not much progress, a bunch of things have come up lately and I havent had time to work on her. About the only thing that has gone down is I got the 2 Sabelt 6-point racing harnesses in. I am really hoping to get the engine out of the other car soon and I think I'm gonna hold on to some of the money I get from selling the '97 instead of putting it towards the down payment and get the front of the '96 repaired

I've got a long weekend coming up, if you need a hand with anything, let me know :)

Would swapping an ej22T into an impreza 2.5rs be similar in difficulty to what you are doing?

Also will an ej22T mated to a 4eat be able to mate with a 5mt in the impreza?

What is your target cost for engine work and engine mods?

VTGT depends on the years, but either way, wiring harnesses are the pain, not necessarily the mechanical stuff. doesn't matter what kind of transmission is mated, all subarus share the same bell housing to the best of my knowledge.

I'm here to help if you need it.
When the big stuff goes down, I'll be giving you a call...

as for engine costs, if I wanted to I could keep the engine stock and add a TMIC or FMIC and boost the pressure up from 8psi to 15 and there would be pretty much no problems with the internals (obviously I would need some tuning). For costs on what I'm looking to do its going to be between 5-7K in engine work (Stroker kit, bore, cosworth heads, STi manifold, injectors, etc, etc)

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

VTGT depends on the years, but either way, wiring harnesses are the pain, not necessarily the mechanical stuff. doesn't matter what kind of transmission is mated, all subarus share the same bell housing to the best of my knowledge.

So the swap is equally hard if the engine was transplanted into either a 95 impreza or legacy. And the main thing is the wiring harnesses?

Ace keep up the good work!

I am eyeing a '91 legacy turbo 4eat with 85k .....

• 1 month later...

Yes actually, Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be devoted to tearing the heart out of the '91 Turbo and hopefully I'll get the Trans and rear diff out too. As soon as my winter tires and rims get here, the Spec B's stockers will be going on the '96 GT so I can take it off the jackstands and tear out the dash and wiring and get it ready for bodywork and paint ;). You should see the '96 right now its loaded with boxes, wires, etc from all the parts that I have gotten in for her. This project should speed up come January when I start my new job at 2.5 times the salary I'm at now :spin:

I'll try to update more frequently, however off the top of my head this is what I can think of part wise that is in

JDM Tail lights

JDM Projector Headlights

JDM Clear Sidemarkers (these suckers are damn rare and were a biatch to find)

Primitive Rally Roof Scoop

Primitive Rally Aluminum Roof Vent

Rallitek Light Bar w/ 4 large Hella Lights (to be swapped for Hella HID's) These will only be put on the car when necessary, so the setup will be completely removable quickly

2 Sabelt 6 Point 3" Quick Release Pull Down Harnesses

Some Special Misc parts that I dont want to reveal yet, I want them to be a cool little surprise when they are installed and pics come up

.... I know there is more I just can't remember everything right now. Pixors will accompany the engine tear out

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

hurry up and finish this thing already.
:lol: You sound like my parents, "When the hell are you gonna get that thing outta the garage?"...

When I got the call yesterday about my new job, the first thing that popped into my head was, "Yes! Now I can go crazy on the Project GT!"

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Update: Turkey Day 2007: Heart Surgery Part 1

Finally began surgery on the '91 Turbo

In the shop...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC01690.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm boxer rumble, one last send off (you shoulda seen what I did with her before I pulled in the shop ;))....

Last Salute video by Aczwild - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid7.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/MOV01688.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid7@@AMEPARAM@@7@@AMEPARAM@@y272/Aczwild/MOV01688

Hood off...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC01692.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC01693.jpg

... Forgot to vent the fuel system :redface: didn't want to go boom, so I had to reinstall a few things, and then jump start the dead battery with the charger...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC01694.jpg

disconnecting the Intake, turbo and manifold....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC01695.jpg

After that I got a call for Turkey, so I had to leave for today....

So far here's what I've done,

• Removed the Hood
  • Vented (depressurized) the fuel system
  • Disconnected the battery and removed the cables
  • Disconnected the Spark Plug wires and removed
  • Removed the air intake system
  • Removed the 2 belts
  • Removed the Alternator
  • Drained the Coolant System and flushed
  • Disconnected the Turbo and began to unbolt everything
  • Removed Charcoal System, or whatever they called it
  • Disconnected AC Compressor (still have to remove)
  • Began to remove Intake Manifold

More to come tomorrow hopefully I'll have it out tomorrow and then either I'll build a mount to hold the engine, or I'll just put it on blocks on a skid for now, we'll see

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Oh best part, Had the cops show up while I was there. I turned off the alarm system when I came in and then an hour or so later some of the guys who are renting out or warehouse came in the back and re-armed the system. The next thing I knew the alarm system went ballistic, I disarmed it and started walking down towards them and then the phone started ringing (Security Co.). I started to jog down to the nearest phone when I remembered that where it was was locked. I turned around and sprinted to the next phone back across the shop. Unfortunately when I did this the guys saw me run and started chasing me. Well I didnt make it to the phone soon enough and soon after the cops showed up and interrogated us all. Thankfully I am the owners son and still had my keys in my pocket and my ID, so they didnt give me too much flak.

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Archived