LegacyGT.com

Aczwild's '96 Legacy GT Project Car...

Aczwild

$$$$ is the limiting factor (I'm 1 year outta college and am doing this all out of my own pocket with no loans, yada, yada, yada) so its gonna take a bit, along with the fact that I need to make sure everything is 100% done right. However it will pick up after I get the car back (hopefully I'll have the 2 post lift installed by the time it returns). I'll be sand blasting the entire car where I need to stitch the car together for strength, welding it up, reinstalling the dash for mock up of gauges, switches, etc, mocking up the cage and then finding a master welder to weld it all together so I know its damn perfect. Then it will be time for the suspension, fuel cell, brakes, wheels & tires, then transmission and finally the motor, which will be more towards next summer (motor and trans, which are the last pieces to be done for the car since they will be the last pieces installed in the car)

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah key word afford...

Looks to be about 10K for the gearbox (PPG 6sp Dogbox). As soon as the car comes back home from the body shop I'll be taking it up to Vermont SportsCar to talk to the owner. I spoke with him about a year ago with respect to the cage and he told me to give him a call and bring the car up to them to discuss how to safely and effectively build a cage along with what components need to be strengthened on the car to handle the abuse of racing. This project is going to be a lot of fun, however I need to decide if I want to build the car all at once and take like 2.5 more years, or if I want to slowly build the car (ie as soon as it comes home, install the stock EJ22T and find a trans & drivetrain & build as I go).

So, now we wait. I'll be going up to see the car weds to see if any progress has been made, or if the timeline for the repair has been changed any

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Oh and for those that dont know what a DOgbox transmission is, here's a sweet vid from PPG

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fA94Sxiu4c]YouTube - PPG Gear box - Ignition DVD[/ame]

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

name dropper! :lol:

Auto creek will treat you right, I'll be bringing my pig back to them sometime this summer for some oil pan work and new cams, I'm getting too lazy to pull the motor again and with two jobs and a new house, no time either. I didn't know steve had modded his spec yet tho, just exhaust and brembos (WANT!) :icon_conf

After you talk to VTSC talk to Joey too from Kales Customs, he has a fully on cage in his RS and is putting another one in a different car too and has some mad welding skillz. I had him weld my maf housing on after I blew it off the pipe the night before I was planning on swinging up there anyway. He's between Essex Jct and Jerico on 15.

When I brought the car there, I spoke directly with Steve as I showed him the car and walked around their Vergennes building and he divulged that he injured his Spec a bit. Apparently he was having a little too much fun and he went off the road a bit and put a few creases in the drivers side.

Good guy and I can't wait to get the car back from them

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

its true I am spending wayyyyyy to much monies on the Spec...

Front end is done, dash has been removed, body panels are on (sans hood). Unfortunately I moved and I'm about 30-40 mins away from our shop, however we're building the new shop and I should be able to get back on this project big time (i'm going to have plenty of time to go nuts this winter).

Sorry for the lack of pics, when I get back from Taiwan I'll update this bitch properly. Next up is removing all the lines, gas tank and everything else so I dont catch shit on fire when I stitch weld her all together. For now here's a few pics from when she returned...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC02085.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC02095.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC02096.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC02104.jpg

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Yep outback front bumper (will allow me to run fogs/plumb for brake cooling) and will allow for a larger FMIC.

Groff, heads, pretty much everything on the motor is going to be replaced. Um bear with me I'm pretty jet lagged right now, I'm in the Hong Kong airport trying to kill time. Uh, Crawford Heads, Cams, Brian Crower 2.6L Stroker kit, bored and sleeved, yada yada yada. Thats later though

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Yep outback front bumper (will allow me to run fogs/plumb for brake cooling) and will allow for a larger FMIC.

Groff, heads, pretty much everything on the motor is going to be replaced. Um bear with me I'm pretty jet lagged right now, I'm in the Hong Kong airport trying to kill time. Uh, Crawford Heads, Cams, Brian Crower 2.6L Stroker kit, bored and sleeved, yada yada yada. Thats later though

2.6 from a 2.2? wow

that's cool haha.

eh? Hong kong airport. transit or stayed here for a bit?

Transit, I'm down in Tainan for a week of Business

if you see somebody named Li Wei say hi to him for me. I went to college with him. he should be easy to spot. 22 years old his dad got him a Porsche Carerra GT for his college graduation present. :wub:

cant be too many li wei's in tiwan right? :rolleyes::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
All you need to take these cars apart is an 8, 10 and 12 mm deep socket ratchet. I swear its so damn easy and simple and, did I mention fun!!!!

thats pretty sweet. its fun when you can take stuff apart. I can tare down my motorcycle and put it back together pretty quickly myself

Archived