LegacyGT.com

The "unofficial" leaked Motor Trend 2008 Impreza pics

SWP-LegacyGT

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like an evil cat. I just got the issue my dad has been wanting to get an STI after seeing that he decided to call the dealers and go with and 07.

In the article MT says that there will be a US only Sedan.

Why can't subaru put brakes on its cars WTF. I mean come the freak on Subaru.

I alos see form the Pics they are still sticking with the RE92, again I say WTF

Yeah... that is the WORST part for me, as well. If it had a more aggressive nose... it wouldn't be that bad. Hell.. I'd prefer the airplane grille!

I'm hoping the STI is going to get a different grille.

After seeing the road and track pictures, I have to admit I like it.. I dont care what you haters say :)

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/image/2007/Q1/3302007181217.jpg

I told you that you guys would start to like it.;) You have to admit this looks better then it did in the first pictures. That's a big scoop.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

well considering from the previous model, you should expect about this much of a difference on the exterior b/w the WRX and the STI :spin:

it's been stated a few times on nasioc that there will be more separation between the wrx and sti.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My prediction....ppl are gonna bitch about it, and I am bitching about it....but just like before, we'll start liking it.

just like every previous generation before it.

1 month before release - OMG its so damn ugly, the current car looks so much better!

1 month after release - OMG its so ugly, thats it im keeping my old one or finding a used old one, they're gonna become hard to find!

1 year after release - ok, some of the ones out there aren't so bad with some bodykit work and JDM styling, maybe i'll pick up a new one, its definitely a better and faster car

2 years after release - i love my car, but im curious what the new design is going to look like, maybe they'll improve this and this and that...

1 month before release of the NEW version - OMG its so damn ugly, the current car looks so much better!

and the cycle goes on and on....

or you can just break the cycle and buy a different car altogether.

for me i had 7 consecutive years of Impreza ownership, im settling down, permanent high paying job, probably get married and start family soon, the LGT fit in my current mode of life much better.

Ed

I can't stand listening to the cries of fanboys as 'their car' get ruined by a crappy new redesign or something. While brand loyalty is fine, i think some ppl have trouble accepting the fact cars are NOT family members or loved ones, i.e. you can ditch them for something better if you want, and theres no reason to stick with buying a brand if the products arent too your liking. Theres a hell of a lot of other choices out there.

Just because my last 3 cars have been subaru, ownership doesnt mean im part of a damn cult. I can go buy anything else as my next car if i want.

Ed

I can't stand listening to the cries of fanboys as 'their car' get ruined by a crappy new redesign or something. While brand loyalty is fine, i think some ppl have trouble accepting the fact cars are NOT family members or loved ones, i.e. you can ditch them for something better if you want, and theres no reason to stick with buying a brand if the products arent too your liking. Theres a hell of a lot of other choices out there.

Just because my last 3 cars have been subaru, ownership doesnt mean im part of a damn cult. I can go buy anything else as my next car if i want.

Ed

Blasphemy! How dare you take on a rational educated-consumer approach to this thread! You should be bitching man, bitching!...and chiming in for the umpteenth time that this mag said that and this photochop looked like this! You'll never learn. You'll always be the guy who is happy taking his money elsewhere and getting exactly what he wants.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

Ed

I agree. to a point.

I am not going to buy an impreza anyway. I think they have been ugly, and are getting uglier. 2.5RS coupe was good, but not drop-dead gorgeous. SVX was interesting, and good, but again not drop dead gorgeous. The Legacy is the best yet, but not perfect.

The thing is, there are very few other cars that have what Subaru has. AWD with a manual transmission, a boxer engine, and a good price tag. (Porsche has those, without the good pricetag bit... :D )

it is just sad that a competent and desireable technical platform is handicapped by such a marginal aesthetic design.

... and it is more than just the grille. the thing looks like your everyday humpback econobox 5-door. and not even a good one of those.

for some car brands though, the new design was always hands down better.

and then there are examples like BMW, many would agree that the Chris Bangle era of design has been one of the worst things to happen to any sport luxury brand, but ppl keep buying them...

Ed

Ed

I can tell a cry for help when I hear one. The hardest part is admitting your problem. After that, I have a 12 step program just for you. Ed, we're here to help you.

Awesome article! :lol: Those comments were some of the best. Maybe Subaru will listen from now on....

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! :lol: Yeah right. :(

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

and then there are examples like BMW, many would agree that the Chris Bangle era of design has been one of the worst things to happen to any sport luxury brand, but ppl keep buying them...

Ed

That's because their leases are running out, and to downgrade would be too big of a pill to swallow.

Archived