LegacyGT.com

The "unofficial" leaked Motor Trend 2008 Impreza pics

SWP-LegacyGT

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If so, maybe it consisted of former Suzuki Aero, Toyota Matrix, & Ford Focus owners? Yuck. Of course, I was also under the impression that hatchback cars traditionally don't sell well here in the U.S. Europe; absolutely. Here though, we love our sedans. I wonder how much market research went in this as well...

From Autoblog...

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/03/subaru.wrx.fullsize.500.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/03/subaru.wrx.rally.review.500.jpg

The amount of time that's passed since we first laid eyes on the 2008 Subaru Impreza has not served to sooth our gag reflex upon seeing it again. Though cast in a different hue this time, the general shape of the new hatchback body style in conjunction with the new chrome grille make the '08 Impreza look like the bastard offspring of a Kia Spectra5 and Toyota Camry. Since Motor Trend spilled the beans this week, Inside Line decided to drop with all the details they have on the new Impreza so far, and unfortunately there's no silver lining to report on this storm cloud.

IL apparently got seat time in the car already and report that interior build quality has been vastly improved, as well as the overall packaging and useability of the vehicle. The wheelbase is 3.7 inches longer, while the interior width grows by 2 inches. The hatchback is 1.7 inches shorter than the current Impreza wagon, while the new sedan will actually be a whopping 4.9 inches longer than the four-door it replaces. Apparently much of that length goes into an extra large trunk.

A new double-wishbone rear suspension frees up some space in the back for more cargo, while the new front suspension is an almost direct port from the Legacy model. Base models will roll on 16-inch wheels, while the WRX makes do with 17-inchers.

Unfortunately, Subarua spent all that money on improving the quality of the Impreza's interior and messing with its design that no funds remained for upgrading the important mechanicals. Thus, all engines and transmissions will carry over with nary a change. That means the WRX model trudges on with its 2.5L turbocharged flat-four producing around 225 horsepower and transmission choices remain but a five-speed stick or four-speed auto.

We admit we're harshing on the 2008 Subaru Impreza, perhaps a bit more than it deserves considering we have not seen it in person yet. That will be corrected next week in New York, and for Subaru's sake we hope the new Impreza makes a killer first impression in the flesh.

Nova- In the NASIOC thread, those were shown to just be the same pics from MT chopped into different backgrounds. :lol: That's what they're saying over there. :iam:

It's funny too, cause the way that they wrote the article, they're trying to sound a little TOO much like they have some "insider" info. Reality is they all shot photos of the same car in the same room, all recieved the same spec sheet, and all recieved the same PR. Then chopped the hell out of it. :D It was just a matter of who leaked it first and it appears the publishing company for MT was it! :lol:

mccorry- Good to know. ;):lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

!!!!!VIVA LA EVOLUTION X!!!!!

Anyone know when the evo x is slated to come out? i'm in the market for a new car :) selling my kid bro my LGT...he drives it mostly anyways.

will hang on to the 02 till i can....i really dont want another legacy that disappoints. somewhat open to spec B but that one has its shortcomings too.

I just got my new motor trend and the first WRX in post#1 is on the cover.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I just read the article on the new WRX and it seem to be a pretty nice car. It has more room and is 50lbs lighter with a 3.7" longer wheelase. They did not show the sedan. But they said it will have dual exhaust and the hatch will have single. It looks alot like a Mazda 3 from the side. The more I look at the pictures I think it doesn't look that bad and I'm starting to like it. When the bug eye came out alot of people hated it. Now some say the bug-eye was the best looking WRX. I think it will grow on you. Bet it will be a big hit around the world. That's why we don't get the same cars as around the world. Look how long it took us to get te EVO, WRX, and soon the Skyline. The skyline has been out for over 20yrs!!! Let's give it a chance. Plus this is the Legacy GT site. Why do you care about the Impreza?
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Plus this is the Legacy GT site. Why do you care about the Impreza?

Because if this same dude designs the next Legacy redesign I will be very worried. :eek::lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

If you look at the headlights on the 08 Sti from Motortrend website the pics of the wrx on page 1 the headlights are different... Substantially different. Do you really think they would change the headlights from car to car? Maybe the body kit, but probably not the headlights shape and size.

Was thinking about this car and realized the part that was making me cringe was the horrible grill. So after seeing some of the mods you guys have been doing here I decided to attempt to cover that hideous grill.. Mind you I dont have Photoshop so this is pure MS Paint..

http://thumb14.webshots.net/t/57/457/0/25/85/2325025850090300214nzZlEz_th.jpg

I think it looks a little better.. :)

Because if this same dude designs the next Legacy redesign I will be very worried. :eek::lol:

When was the last time a LGT looked like a WRX? We have not see the sedan yet. I think it part of it is the fact the US doesn't like hatchback.

Archived