LegacyGT.com

The "unofficial" leaked Motor Trend 2008 Impreza pics

SWP-LegacyGT

I assume that is the 2.5i interior because one would think the WRX will keep the more sporty supportive high bolster seats....but then I see the NAV and think that has to be the top of the line because lord knows it would be an option other than in the top of the line.

But then again its a $700 option in the base Mazda's (at least my wife's) so maybe they will take another que from Mazda!

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup I caught that too....

I now have noticed a few of these on the road since these pics have been put up...C'MON SUBARU YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN SUZUKI!!!!

Yak!

http://www.automedia.com/NewCarBuyersGuide/photos/2005/Suzuki/Reno/Hatchback/2005_Suzuki_Reno_ext_1.jpg

http://www.automedia.com/NewCarBuyersGuide/photos/2006/Suzuki/Aerio/Sedan/2006_Suzuki_AerioSedan_ext_1.jpg

As far as interiors go, Id like to see a Spec.B. Impreza with a nice rich wood trim and tan leather. Or maybe black. Compact, fast, but still classy.

wood trim? ew. we would get the junky fake stuff in my LGT. from this pic it looks good.. i just wish the outside was as nice

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/04/00_ny07_wrxhatch---23.jpg

I'm confused - the early pics of the WRX hatch showed a single exhaust, but what looked like a cutout for a dual exhaust setup...at the show, the WRX sedan has a dual exhaust, but there's no WRX hatch, only the regular Impreza, and it has a single exhaust pipe like the WRX hatch pictures. So is dual exhaust just for the sedans, and people with WRX hatches get the single? What about non-WRX sedans? Subaru, what are you doing???
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

I'm confused - the early pics of the WRX hatch showed a single exhaust, but what looked like a cutout for a dual exhaust setup...at the show, the WRX sedan has a dual exhaust, but there's no WRX hatch, only the regular Impreza, and it has a single exhaust pipe like the WRX hatch pictures. So is dual exhaust just for the sedans, and people with WRX hatches get the single? What about non-WRX sedans? Subaru, what are you doing???

I guess you havent read much of the press releases.

They couldnt fit dual mufflers on the hatchbacks because of the short rear overhang, so they did the sideways muffler with one tip.

Here is a letter and response that I wrote to SOA, they seemed attentive and I think it is good that they are getting feedback. If you do not like the way their design scheme is heading, do something about it! Send emails to them and if they get enough from us, their enthusiast base, they will start to listen...

My Email:

I am currently an 05' LGT Limited owner and I absolutely love my car.

I am very concerned, however, about the state of Fuji Heavy Industry's

design department after seeing the design of the new Impreza/WRX. It

is one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen and pretty much everybody

has the same opinion of it (check out NASIOC.com or legacygt.com and read

all of the negative reviews, as well as reviews from the press). I was

extremely excited about the idea of a new Impreza coming out and would

have considered an STI as my next car but after seeing the photos, I

feel that the STI will be just as ugly. Many Subaru owners feel

alienated over the design of the new Impreza...we feel that instead of

continuing the evolution of the current 3-grille and/or Legacy design, Subaru

has instead gone for the safe route and combined several different

boring vehicles (Toyota Corolla front end, etc.) to make a very bland,

boring, and unoffensive design. This may appeal to basic economy car b!

uyers, but it totally puts off the enthusiasts of which make up most of

Subaru's customer base. If Subaru continues this design in the next

Legacy and does not revise the Impreza, my next car will definitely be

from another company that exudes excitement and sportiness through

design. Many others feel this way and fear the downfall of our beloved

company.

Response:

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your comments. We

appreciate your enthusiasm with and loyalty to Subaru products. Although

we would prefer positive feedback on our new products, your criticism

is also very much appreciated.

We appreciate your feedback about the look of the new Impreza models.

Feedback from Subaru owners is our best source for improvements needed

and/or wanted in our vehicles. We will forward your comments to our

Product Planning Department for their review and consideration. In the

past, input from our owners has been helpful in initiating changes to our

newer models. We hope to continually improve our products and appreciate

your recommendations.

Subaru of America thinks that interested customers, especially

enthusiasts like yourself, should see the new Impreza models in person,

possibly a couple of times, when they become available at dealerships. When

the new Impreza models are released to dealers, if you do have the

opportunity to test drive it, we would like to hear your comments then too.

Thanks again for taking the time to send us your comments. If you need

any future assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Samir Hasan

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

Well, the car is ugly with that grill. The rear lights would have been cool a few years back, but now they're just tacky.

Go to NASIOC.com and look at the photochops they've done. I think the car looks pretty good with a few exterior changes. In a model year or two, I think they'll be looking a lot better.

those are the best pics yet of the sedan model. (puts on flame suit) I don't think that looks too bad really. sure the grill needs replacement but there's obviously going to be many vendors jumping at the chance to make a killing off alternative grills.......RBS you listening?

sure would be nice if they'd do an STI version of that sedan, but it sounds like only the hatch will come in STI form. perhaps it to will look much cleaner and "complete" when pics in real life are shown. again, a grillectomy will be required I'm sure. but at least there's hope here.

those are the best pics yet of the sedan model. (puts on flame suit) I don't think that looks too bad really.

The latest pics look good. That pearl color and smoked over grill is befitting. I am seriously considering this car. The interior is sweet. The latest pics look good.. It has VDC and is quite refinished. I want to get in it and feel it out first though. I know it has enough power, safety and AWD to make me happy. Maybe I havent been here long enough to criticize the new styling.:p

Back when I first started looking at the WRX in 2000-2001, I thought it was just about the ugliest, silliest looking vehicle on the planet (alternate considerations included '90s Porsche Carrera 4), but, after a while, I began to really love the styling (perhaps based upon the underlying performance/# ratio, in part). So it may be with the new design. I've had a similar evolution of taste WRT the most recent generation Impreza styling as well.

Archived