LegacyGT.com

The "unofficial" leaked Motor Trend 2008 Impreza pics

SWP-LegacyGT

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone else offended by this??:spin:

(from the above linked article)

"On the spec sheet it reads as follows: 224 horsepower at 5,200 rpm and 226 lb. –ft of torque at a low, low 2,800 rpm. We’ve come to the conclusion that Subaru is artificially keeping the WRX low on power to make the Legacy GT look better. And we can’t argue with this logic, since more power (if that’s what you’re going for) is just a reflash away. "

Nah, its the same thing that was said about the Legacy GT when it went turbo, relative to the STi. Just replace "reflash" with "VF 39 turbo".

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

And, I hate to say, the car is already growing on me. I can see some real potential for an STi. A little grounding in the front and sides, flared fenders, maybe a blunter nose, and pretty soon you have it looking more like one of my favorite cars:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/images/bmwuk/image_gallery/preview/2_2007_02_28_08_33_09_363X272-1--Series-LCI-3.jpg

rather than a Corrolla S.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

People ... Subaru has never been know for winning the beauty contest lol. What exactly were you guys expecting anyway?

I actually like the car ... the only thing that disappoints me is the manual transmission carry-over. That was the only part of the car that needs to be really improved. The engine is and all is cool but the tranny needed a new unit.

I love my car ... basically.

They are just trying to grab a different audience. One that will net them more sales and help grow the image. A bunch of young guys with loud exhausts is not going to help them compete with the 'other guys'

+1 for happy front ends. Mine isn't smiling though, its ... um... flaring it's nostrils?

http://www.casopolis.com/LGT/LGT_images/SNC10116%20%28Large%29.JPG

A bunch of young guys with loud exhausts is not going to help them compete with the 'other guys'

Well they had me and they lost me. Not that I overly mind buying a used '07 when the time comes. Would be nice to still have leather and a sunroof which I prolly couldnt afford new.

The WRX aint cheap either. Add the Limited package required for those who want it an autobox and were talking pricier than a base LGT. So if its gonna look like a Hyundai maybe it should cost less....I know I know, its not how it looks its how it drives and that whole turbocharged business.

There cars aint bad either. Plus they have focus.

They sure do. They are doing a hell of a job making a presence in this industry. Their new plant is amazing, their advertising campaign is one of the most successful, etc etc.

Not a fan of the cars, but I have nothing bad to say about the company.

They sure do. They are doing a hell of a job making a presence in this industry. Their new plant is amazing, their advertising campaign is one of the most successful, etc etc.

Not a fan of the cars, but I have nothing bad to say about the company.

I heard they are making a real deal large sedan to compete with things like the s-class and 7 series. Hopefully it does better than the Phaeton :lol:

Back to the topic at hand, I'm betting the Sedan makes the bulk of the sales, but there will probably be a small market for the HB, like the legacy wagon. Man I'm gonna take heat for that one. But seriously the sedan isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, or as everyone is making it. Honestly, the WRX was never a good looking car anyway.

Archived