LegacyGT.com

The "unofficial" leaked Motor Trend 2008 Impreza pics

SWP-LegacyGT

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But....

This is my favorite of them all... I think they should sell them with the disguise wrap

http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/wrx-mule-1.jpg

OMG this is my new favorite thread lo. :lol::lol::lol:

I love my car ... basically.

The black interior looks quite nice...

http://www.jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2007/04/medium_444848269_3f9374fcbb_o.jpg

After thinking about this car overnight and seeing a few Suzuki's and a Daewoo that resembles these two models in more ways than I can describe I am more let down than at first.

I hope it looks better in person because at this point I just don't get it.

Will ugly Imprezzas cause Legacy sales to increase?

Yes, I think so. As this stupid euro hot hatch Ford Focus Seat Vauxhall design will loose the late 20 and 30 somethings like myself that had actually considered the previous WRX or STI as a viable option to the Legacy for modability and performance enhancemants, sans some of the boy racer add-ons. I've seen enough older dudes like me driving STI's and rexs to believe that some market share will naturally move to the GT. And if Subaru was hoping to somehow grab a portion of the Hyundai/Mazda/Toyota/Suzuki average buyer hatch/sedan market by designing this WRX in their images, they made a huge mistake. What average buyer is going to pay the extra insurance, gas, and general upkeep for a turboed AWD car in this class. Enthusiasts are the lifeblood for Subaru in this class, their Y2K WRX sales prove it. Idiots....

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

Looks like 12-spoke for the Impreza and 10 spoke for the WRX. The wheels and interior look good... the rest of it: :iam: I still don't get it...
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Yes, I think so. As this stupid euro hot hatch Ford Focus Seat Vauxhall design will loose the late 20 and 30 somethings like myself that had actually considered the previous WRX or STI as a viable option to the Legacy for modability and performance enhancemants, sans some of the boy racer add-ons. I've seen enough older dudes like me driving STI's and rexs to believe that some market share will naturally move to the GT. And if Subaru was hoping to somehow grab a portion of the Hyundai/Mazda/Toyota/Suzuki average buyer hatch/sedan market by designing this WRX in their images, they made a huge mistake. What average buyer is going to pay the extra insurance, gas, and general upkeep for a turboed AWD car in this class. Enthusiasts are the lifeblood for Subaru in this class, their Y2K WRX sales prove it. Idiots....

Holy run on sentence. Anyway...

The last gen Impreza was considered ugly too by most people. If the new one has all the usual Subaru attributes (reliable, safe, awd) and it performs well in WRX and/or STI form, people will buy it.

http://www.jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2007/04/medium_444848269_3f9374fcbb_o.jpg

After thinking about this car overnight and seeing a few Suzuki's and a Daewoo that resembles these two models in more ways than I can describe I am more let down than at first.

Nice for a 2.5i trim, but WRX, well where is the fun? The dynamics? Anything? Hello Tribeca designers? Please help.

i think i like tan betterhttp://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/04/wrx4.jpg

so yeah.. i sorta came around to the design a little bit.. but then i found this picture and decided its ugly again. ugh. stupid SOA. this will be my last subaru after what they did to the new legacy/outback/impreza. at least the new tribeca is normal.er

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/04/autoblogwrx08_6.jpg

Well, looking at the two interiors answered another question some had:

Would they REALLY put flat ugly seats in the WRX too? :confused: NOOOO! :eek: It must only be the tan regular Impreza. Once we see the seats in the black WRX, I'm sure they'll be moire supportive, agressive, etc............

NOT! SAME ONES IT LOOKS LIKE. :rolleyes::(:spin:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Interior looks great, IMHO: clean and simple lines. And I love the interior on the Trib and my LGT, too, so I think it's high time Subaru takes whomever is responsible for the recent interior styling and promote them to be responsible for the exterior as well! I can't believe that anyone there really thought this exterior would be a hit, but then again, I've seen some pretty bad styling exercises here in Detroit, as well.

This looks like they took the side profile of the Euro Focus and added the Mazda3 rear quarter window, the Bangle BMW side character line, the concept B5-TPH nose and god only knows where they got those hideous taillights from. It's just plain bad. How come the guy who styled our LGT's didn't get a crack at this? - the 2005 model was widely regarded as a huge step up in styling over earlier Legacy models.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Interior looks great, IMHO: clean and simple lines. And I love the interior on the Trib and my LGT, too, so I think it's high time Subaru takes whomever is responsible for the recent interior styling and promote them to be responsible for the exterior as well! I can't believe that anyone there really thought this exterior would be a hit, but then again, I've seen some pretty bad styling exercises here in Detroit, as well.

This looks like they took the side profile of the Euro Focus and added the Mazda3 rear quarter window, the Bangle BMW side character line, the concept B5-TPH nose and god only knows where they got those hideous taillights from. It's just plain bad. How come the guy who styled our LGT's didn't get a crack at this? - the 2005 model was widely regarded as a huge step up in styling over earlier Legacy models.

bangle ish sorta trunk too.. i can't imagine how bad it would look without that rear lip spoiler

Archived