LegacyGT.com

The "unofficial" leaked Motor Trend 2008 Impreza pics

SWP-LegacyGT

hey B4, for the sake of (what's left) of your reputation, I urge you to wait for the inevitable comparo in the rags. but for argument's sake, I'll stake $50 bucks on the MS3 right now. Your choice: 0-60 mph, 1/4 mi, 60-0 braking distance, lane change speed. Or how 'bout $20 bucks per category?

willing to put your money where your big mouth is?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey B4, for the sake of (what's left) of your reputation, I urge you to wait for the inevitable comparo in the rags. but for argument's sake, I'll stake $50 bucks on the MS3 right now. Your choice: 0-60 mph, 1/4 mi, 60-0 braking distance, lane change speed. Or how 'bout $20 bucks per category?

willing to put your money where your big mouth is?

watch your mouth bud... people in here do joke around with me but it's all in good fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since the engine bay looks almost identical

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/image/2007/Q1/033020071816552531.jpg

i wonder if these new 08s can use a lot of the LGT 05-07 bolt on parts.

hell i wonder if it still using a TD04 turbo or something similar to the LGT now.

Ed

since its obviously using the Legacy TMIC, one supposes the turbo must be based on (or it's using) the VF-40 housing. I don't think you can turn the compressor outlet enough - or you sure wouldn't want to - to make it up into the TMIC molded housing. but supposedly its still rated in the 230 hp range so it can't be the VF-40 turbo. or they are really "detuning" it or purposely underrating it.

:iam:

Look completely out of proportion in this pic, nose is too long and too low, with the windscreen angled up.

I thought that too at first glance. But I think it's just the angle the shot was taken at. The MT profile shot shows the true propotion better.

ugh, looks better, but still ugly.. and that old guy dosent seem like he fits in that car well at all...

and whats the large fuss about 4 v 2pot calipers? the difference in stopping power is very minimal methinks, and most people dont build up enough heat to have the 2 extra fixed pots matter

Archived