LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, SubOperator said:

@Enlight What time will people be at the camp site on Friday? Driving time for us shows about 7 hours, with stops and traffic I will expect to be on the road 8.5 hours at least. Need to decide on departure time so we can make it to camp site on reasonable time Friday night.

@Enlight@jaylew I'll PM you both my cell # for direct comms. Is there a Telegram/WhatsUp group for this?

It's in the air but I will shoot to be there 3pm or earlier, just so I can get the lay of the land as a good organizer should. If you plan on being there earlier I will match your time.

We do have a WhatsApp in the first post, I will repost it here:

Join these WhatsApp groups: LGT Meet Announcements & LGT Meet Chat

I know some people prefer Signal, which I'm not opposed to. We will save it for next meet. In the meantime, just download it for this year and delete it after the meet.

• Like 6

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

We’ll grab some beer from MD and DE to bring north. We’ll show up around 3, 1 or both of us. If CB agrees to work ‘from home’ that day, we’ll arrive just about 3. If not, I’ll arrive about 3, and he’ll show up whenever. I could use a hand with a couple small trailer things if I’m alone and if anyone is around by then. If not, f’ing girl power, I’ll manage alone. I’ll bring something to throw on the grill… chicken maybe.

annoyingly our reservation doesn’t have a site number, only that I paid $10 to guarantee a site number. 🙄

Edited by JJBerk
  • Like 3

Check-in time is 3, I will try to be there to help you Jeni. Have you tried giving them a call? You can ask to be situated by reservation R00000013946 aka the LGT group.

Also, everyone please join the WhatsApp links in my signatures for announcements. I will bring name tags this weekend in case people find them useful for username/real names.

• Like 4

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

10 hours ago, m sprank said:

I will grab an assortment of local IPAs maybe a stout or 2, etc.  As a gift to our neighbors from the north, for @KZJonny I will bring a 35pack of any craptastic American piss water he prefers.  Bud Light?:hide:

Pair that with some new season swim wear, I've heard Target has some popular ones...

On the beer front: I'll be bringing beer as stated but won't be consuming much/any myself, have shoulder pain come back big time (hence my son doing all car work recently), so I'll be having fun with ibuprofen and such. Just setting expectations right.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

First 2 sessions done. Got an instructor to ride along for the first couple laps.

Im slow. Like got lapped by every one multiple times slow. It's been 6 years since I've been on a track at speed; so my expectations were low. 

Car continues to impress. Even when I bobble a turn in or over brake, it's there keeping me on the right path. Hurray for computers.

Go pro was hooked up and running. I'm optimistic that I'll get actual footage today.

With regards beer, we might have to do flights of samples. Except the bud light, we'll need a clay pigeon thrower and a shotgun for that. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Like Joey Chestnut training for the Nathan's Championship I am preparing for the meet. 1 week away. Time to drink beer and eat meat until I sweat.

80deg today. Low humidity. SUN.  :bbq:

20230610_142035.jpg

20230610_142033.jpg

20230610_131702.jpg

20230610_131644.jpg

20230610_144634.jpg

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 6

• I Donated

So I haven't been following the multiple pages of banter.  I'm planning on just coming up Saturday.  Gonna use my summer half-day on Friday afternoon to wash the spicy Malibu, and I'm thinking it doesn't make sense to come up for just a couple hours on Sunday.

Besides said spicy Malibu, am I supposed to bring anything?  I guess I can look around my attic for old LGT parts I never sold :lol:

• Like 4

Official numbers and all. What a fun stupidly scary track. The sim doesn't even remotely provide the same adrenaline rush as driving under the bridge and not seeing where you are going. 

Car is still running. I'm still running. All the prep paid off.

Heading for NC next. Then EMC. Heading home after that.

Buc-ees is a gas station. That pays really well. And sells 93 clear for 3.64/gallon.

09C917A3-C7A4-4DDC-8DE7-4600FE0004AD.jpeg

E717F809-7755-4A3B-ACF8-BBD320E44C0B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, boxkita said:

Official numbers and all. What a fun stupidly scary track. The sim doesn't even remotely provide the same adrenaline rush as driving under the bridge and not seeing where you are going. 

Car is still running. I'm still running. All the prep paid off.

Heading for NC next. Then EMC. Heading home after that.

Buc-ees is a gas station. That pays really well. And sells 93 clear for 3.64/gallon.

09C917A3-C7A4-4DDC-8DE7-4600FE0004AD.jpeg

E717F809-7755-4A3B-ACF8-BBD320E44C0B.jpeg

Looks like fun! Bucees is awesome, but it speaks for itself so you know this. 

• Haha 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here

On 5/29/2023 at 6:07 PM, JJBerk said:

This all sounds great. Was off-grid for a couple of days - sorry for the delay.

Here is the menu for Saturday night (what we (Berks) will provide)

Burgers, brats, buns (cheese, pickles, tomato, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, onion, sautéed mushrooms, BACON I almost forgot BACON)

Coleslaw

Corn on the cob and potato foil packets

We’ll provide napkins, cutlery, garbage bags, recycle bags

What we need:

Dessert (I will have ingredients for s’mores, because… camp)

Paper plates

Beverages (we’ll bring some MD/DE beer, and maybe some homebrew to share)

I’m guessing we’ll feed about 16-20? I’m not worried about cost - none of this is too expensive. 

100% agreed that Canadian syrup is delightful. Little known fact about Jeni (or did I already say it above?) I’m a dual citizen. Made syrup as a kid. Looking forward to meeting you all soon! 

Round 1 of shopping done! Burgers being prepped this afternoon. Reposting the above to remind all what we are bringing and what we need help with.

Also, special request, probably from south of us (@boxkita, maybe you?), if anyone finds Bold Rock seasonal cider of Pomegranate and/or Tangerine, please pick me up some? I’d take a few 6 packs (I usually find it in glass, but don’t care if cans are it!). I can send e-funds or bring cash. It’s out of NC and we can get their usual stuff in MD, but seasonal is hit or miss and it’s my favorite! 

Edited by JJBerk
  • Like 1

@JJBerk from my bnb host:

"My wife is a big cider drinker. She informs me you can find it at most local grocers - such as Ingalls. There are tasting rooms in Downtown Asheville, and there in Mills River. 
https://boldrock.com/visit/"

How much do you want? The front seat is still available and the yeti cooler. I have a fridge so can ice it down before putting in yeti. or you can handle that at the campground .

Ill search for a place tomorrow. Nearest grocery store on the way here was an hour away. hoping continuing east provides more options. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, boxkita said:

@JJBerk from my bnb host:

"My wife is a big cider drinker. She informs me you can find it at most local grocers - such as Ingalls. There are tasting rooms in Downtown Asheville, and there in Mills River. 
https://boldrock.com/visit/"

How much do you want? The front seat is still available and the yeti cooler. I have a fridge so can ice it down before putting in yeti. or you can handle that at the campground .

Ill search for a place tomorrow. Nearest grocery store on the way here was an hour away. hoping continuing east provides more options. 

4 6 packs - 2 of each would be great (or 4 of one if that’s all you find!). Thanks a million! Just let me know what I owe you.

Their product is great. There is a wonderful brewery/restaurant in Charlotte NC called 4001 Yancy. They and 3 other breweries (Six Point, Southern Tier (brewing and distilling!), and Victory) are all located in a big cool warehouse. Our kid lives down that way, so we’ve been several times. 

Edited by JJBerk
  • Thanks 1

So we grabbed a Huge bag of popcorn, and two other bigger than usual bags of chips, as well as paper plates, and some cups, and 40 juice boxes.  Going to stop at a store when we are driving down to pick up some sort of deserts but open to suggestions.

• Like 2

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

I think I'm unfortunately out of this one. Too much working against me to make this trip with work and Father's Day plans. Perhaps next time, or if there's another one (I remember reading musings about a Finger Lakes area meetup as well).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, JJBerk said:

Their product is great. There is a wonderful brewery/restaurant in Charlotte NC called 4001 Yancy. They and 3 other breweries (Six Point, Southern Tier (brewing and distilling!), and Victory) are all located in a big cool warehouse. Our kid lives down that way, so we’ve been several times. 

Lots of great food around that area in NC. Our HQ are in Clemmons and I used to travel there a lot through Charlotte.

@boxkita There is a great restaurant there, try it if you can, Firebirds - Winston-Salem . Not cheap but worth every penny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, solidxsnake said:

I think I'm unfortunately out of this one. Too much working against me to make this trip with work and Father's Day plans. Perhaps next time, or if there's another one (I remember reading musings about a Finger Lakes area meetup as well).

Damn, but I understand. May be we can get one closer to RI/MA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SubOperator said:

Lots of great food around that area in NC. Our HQ are in Clemmons and I used to travel there a lot through Charlotte.

@boxkita There is a great restaurant there, try it if you can, Firebirds - Winston-Salem . Not cheap but worth every penny.

@SubOperator looks like its a chain. looks like greenville, sc place is closer. 

a couple roads I need to visit that direction.

the jiffy lube special oil is breaking down quicker than expected. barely lasted 2500 miles. No way its going to make the oem recommendation of 5000 miles 

• Like 1

My new "car" is ready and completed.  Cant drive it to the meet.  But I am practicing rally. 

• PS5
  • Imported Sim Racing Cockpit with Seat and Rails
  • Imported Monitor Stand
  • Logitech G29 Wheel and Pedals
  • Logitech G Driving Force Shifter (6sp H pattern with reverse)
  • Imported e-Brake
  • OpenWheeler 4 Point Harness
  • TCL R646 55" QLED TV
  • Monoprice SB-200SW Soundbar with Subwoofer
  • Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shaker X 1 (under seat)
  • Dayton Audio TT25 PUCK Mini Bass Shaker x 4 (2 x sides of seat mount and 2 x under pedal tray)
  • Nobsound G2 Mini Sub Amp (100w) x 2
  • Imported VESA Adapter Plate (used to mount BST-1 and Harness)
  • Monoprice 3ft Premium 3.5mm Stereo Male to RCA Stereo Male 22AWG Cable
  • Monoprice 3ft Premium Optical Audio Cable
  • Monoprice 16AWG Flat Speaker Wire

I already had the PS5 when I decided to build a sim rig.  It is very basic in the world of sim racing and using a console is highly frowned upon, boohoo.  For under $2k (without the PS5) I am having a blast so far.  Finally get to drive that 1972 Datsun 240Z. 

20230613_160004.jpg

20230613_160038.jpg

20230613_160624.jpg

20230613_160506.jpg

20230613_160110.jpg

Untitled.jpg

20230613_160257.jpg

20230613_160435.jpg

20230613_160349.jpg

20230613_160149.jpg

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

If I ever have to sell the GT, it would have to be for a 240Z.

Not a terrible trade-off, tho I suspect once the childhood ‘want’ factor had worn off, I’d probably wish I had the Legacy back.

The 510 is another car I wanted very badly, but if I am packing a car to take on the 6 hour trip back to visit my parents, I pack up the Legacy.

Every. Time.

Cool factor is exactly that. Getting there safely and in reasonable comfort is great as well too.

@tysparks81 @JJBerk I can pitch in for desserts and snacks as well, I'll see if there's some local business in/around Carlisle we can support. I will also bring cups for ranch water and Toki highballs. Add ice, too.

Do we need name cards for this weekend? It's a smallish group so maybe not? Remember to bring camp chairs.

• Like 2

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread