LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, Enlight said:

I will be rolling over 100,000 in the 2002 Suburban on this trip.

@boxkita Should I bring a drip pan and transfer pump? A tarp to work on? What socket size does your diff take?

meh. I'll pass. was going to do it before the track day. It seems to be holding up fine.

I have everything except drip pan & tarp & chocks. 

i'm pretty sure the campground would have a fit if we did that :)

• Haha 2

I often do 700-1200 miles in a stretch, solo. I’m the road trip gal. My best most recent was deciding to head home from our gal’s in Charlotte at almost 10 PM. My first sub 6 hour (431 miles). 5:45 door to door, with one stop. My other best was 800 miles, alone, 10 hours, 1 stop. I love to drive and am good to drive alone. For a long while. 

• Like 4

I have done plenty of 1000 miles trips for business back in my college days. It was cheaper for 3 of us to drive that to fly and was great to have our own wheels in the city. 23 hours non stop, plenty of smoking and soda. 4 speed, no AC. Yay.

Don't want to do it again. But our road trip to Montreal with my older son for college hunting was great. Should still have the picture of GPS saying drive straight for 300 miles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

still not putting it on the internet. I used to save my spare change and empty my wallet into a "go bag" . When it got heavy, I went. Occasionally had to take a day laborer job to get gas money (that trip had so much drama)

I love to drive but hated commuting. Being in hills of north carolina has been non-stop grins. I visited 4 states today in 7 hours. Managed stay on the freeway for almost 45 minutes before taking a random exit.

If the gps constantly says drive some distance and make a uturn; yer doing it right.

• Like 6

DC is electrifying.  The National Mall screams PATRIOT.  Even I have yelled "Jenny" from the Lincoln Memorial facing the Capital and shed a tear reading the names on the Vietnam Memorial.  Cant wait for the Washington Monument to reopen with elevators. My knees cant reliably take the stairs anymore. 

The presence of markers, Hallowed Grounds, and battlefields throughout the mid-Altlantic is truly sobering.  HISTORY surrounds you.

We have all pulled long days driving. But have we done it recently?  I thought "slowing down with age" was BS before it happened to me. My body no longer cooperates with my mind.  @Infosecdad previously mentioned he was struggling with the effects of long term Covid.  If that means he is drained even faster than before, by all means rest and take your time.  If life was a race the tortoise would win every time. 

Excuse my French but Covid fucked up everything and everybody in some way.  FUCK COVID!!!

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

I'll take any spares that people leave you with (if any...)

Please let me know if I should bring anything food/drink-wise (or otherwise).

I'm starting off tomorrow afternoon as it's a 13hr drive for me and I'm still not to the point that I can knock that out in a day.

Where are you coming from? Are there no LGT members that can put you up for a night?

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

In the last 2 weeks, I have driven ~5000 miles. Some days, like Tuesday, I couldn't get out of bed as I was exhausted. Other days, I was on the road for 14 hours.  Yesterday I didn't get out of the bnb until 1, then drove back roads until 8. I was stumbling heading into the bnb.

When I was in my 20's & 30's, I could drive 30+ hours straight. Time catches up to all of us.

If you have a long drive, stop every 2 hours. Get out of your car. walk around a bit. take of your glasses if you wear them and look at different distances.

Avoid salty/sugary things. Drink a constant bit of water. 

My xm radio subscription ended on day 6. I'm not a country or rap fan, so my options are wind noise or static. Long hours on the interstate will put anyone asleep. Change lanes (don't camp in the left lane) periodically. Get off at a random exit, make the stop, then get back on. Anything to break the monotony.

If you get tired, either pull into a rest area and sleep or get hotel. a 20 minute power nap works wonders but there is a diminished rate of return if you do a second one before getting actual sleep.

be safe. 

There will be plenty of food and beer waiting no matter what day you get here.

• Like 5

When I picked up the wagon, driving from Denver to Chicago was the toughest stretch. Interstate straight and long into the horizon for hours on end. I stopped in Des Moines, patronized an establishment called The Lumberyard, slept for a few hours at an AirBnB, then was on my way again. Podcasts helped.

• Like 3

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

22 minutes ago, BoozeRS05 said:

@boxkita I’m flying to Denver on Tues for vacation. You can take my plane ticket and I’ll meet you at the airport with your car. :)

That sounds awesome!  The flying to Denver, not so much the handing over the keys. :)

A friend bet me I would dump the car when I got out here because too much pain involved. If I drive more then 2 hours, the car warns me. I also note that getting out after 2 hours, I can barely walk.

• Like 2

Even sim driving hurts my neck and hips.  2 hours max which is better than a real car.  When I was traveling for work (300000 sky miles in 1 year) the bursitis in my hips became inflamed from the long plane rides.  As I could not stop traveling/working it was persistent pain for over 10 months straight. 

Someone once told me that the disregard I paid to my body would haunt me one day.  That day arrived.  So far that day has been the longest "day" of my life. 

Believe it or not, riding hurts the least.  My neck gets fatigued so I wear ultra-light helmets.  But in the right riding position I can go for hours.  At least I could back in 2018, thats the last time I rode.  😢

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Enlight said:

Where are you coming from? Are there no LGT members that can put you up for a night?

I'm coming from West TN. I have family in Louisville, but their world is too crazy to impose now.

I have a hotel room reserved in Lexington, KY for the night. That should leave me about 8hrs tomorrow which should be doable.

Long COVID sucks, I don't know which version of me I'll get in a day. I might be able to knock out 8hrs without a sweat, I might be calling it after 3hrs because I'm too fatigued. Praying it's the more normal me for this weekend.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Infosecdad said:

I'm coming from West TN. I have family in Louisville, but their world is too crazy to impose now.

I have a hotel room reserved in Lexington, KY for the night. That should leave me about 8hrs tomorrow which should be doable.

Long COVID sucks, I don't know which version of me I'll get in a day. I might be able to knock out 8hrs without a sweat, I might be calling it after 3hrs because I'm too fatigued. Praying it's the more normal me for this weekend.

Yeesh, that does suck dude. I appreciate more now your advice to take it easy as I was recovering from my own breif bout with COVID. Not that I entirely listened to the good advice, but I seldom do...

Drive safe! I'm guess you'd be about the longest trip to get to the meet, barring Boxkita's wild adventure, but I don't think that's a fair comparison.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

If you are taking 81N to PA you will be less than 30 minutes from my house as you pass through Martinsburg, WV.  You can pit stop if you need to.  Or I can meet you in Martinsburg at 81 and caravan the last 2 hours to the meet. 

• Like 3

I have a 10’x10’ folding canopy I’m planning to bring just in case it’s useful.

Looks like I’ll be riding out with JmP and company Saturday morning.

Little early to tell, but weather is supposed to clear out Friday afternoon and be pretty damn gorgeous this weekend. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

interstate 81 or some other route?

Cause I think I drive past Lexington tomorrow 

PSA, PMP Auto Group in Mertztown (1:45 minutes away from Carlisle) is a dedicated Subaru junkyard. I'll be getting an A/C condenser and upper coolant reservoir from there. If anyone needs anything, let me know and I can pick it up for you.

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

17 minutes ago, Enlight said:

PSA, PMP Auto Group in Mertztown (1:45 minutes away from Carlisle) is a dedicated Subaru junkyard. I'll be getting an A/C condenser and upper coolant reservoir from there. If anyone needs anything, let me know and I can pick it up for you.

That's where I got my second process west intercooler many years ago. they have fun stuff 

I have a few (3 or 4) 10x10 ez ups left over from the shop.  I also have about 100lbs of weights for the legs.  I can bring them if needed. 

So far I have 22 hats, 1 jacket, 200 stickers, 50 tees, a radio for @KZJonny.  I have 2 camping chairs and the ez ups I can bring.  I am heading out tomorrow morning to stock up on local brews and ice.  I have 2 LARGE coolers.  My 4Runner also has a 110v converter.  My daughter is making cards and baking cookies for me to bring as a THANK YOU for the generous support of Girls on the Run. 

I have dual JBL PartyBox 100's with tripods.  If anyone wants me to bring speakers loud enough to wake the dead.  They sync to 2 bluetooth devices and have bluetooth TWS (true wireless stereo) as well as MIC and Guitar inputs (I have both of those as well but I cant sing or play for shit).  Batteries last about 6-10 hours if not using the light effects.  Needed them to DJ for the Glow Dance Party. 

From my front door to the meet is an approximately 2 hour drive.  I plan to take 81N from Martinsburg all the way.   

Edited by m sprank
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Enlight said:

Oh my…. So tempting. I’d have made a list and sold a kidney if I’d known about this!!

• Haha 2