LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just had a nice chat with @tysparks81 aboot our caravan down to the meet.

So stoked to meet a bunch of the people we’ve been getting to know virtually for a few years now.

I’ve got some faith in the old wagon, so with just a little luck we’ll see everyone in a week, collect some stickers, have a beer and relax a little.

I may need to turn off the AnxietyPort for the trip down tho. Look at scenery, not my FKCL… 🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jaylew said:

So caravan....what is your route? I'm just outside of Boston and been trying to find anyone to drive in a group next Friday, but radio silence in this thread from anyone in NE

Every one working feverishly on their cars is unwilling to commit until its actually running.

my route is shortest route from roanoke to carlisle. However I think Im the only southern car coming up. 

Is @m sprank coming up Friday or just Saturday/Sunday?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I plan to attend every day. I can drive up friday night too. 

Wife said I am not allowed to drink and drive.  She was not specific if that meant simultaneously or she was alluding to some legal jargon.  Always looking for loopholes when told "no".  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

My time at Road Atlanta is courtesy of an exploitation of a loophole in the "no racing " agreement she & my father forced on me a few years ago.

An hpde is education, not racing. So I'm still abiding. I won't ever be telling my father about this part of the trip, tho. My wife has stopped talking to me. The "silent treatment" loses its effectiveness when there's no dirty look to reinforce the silence. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, boxkita said:

An hpde is education, not racing. 

TRUTH!.  Anyone can benefit from an HPDE.  Especially when in car coaching is included.  Even experienced drivers can learn something new every time.  The lessons are not just "track" and can be applied to the street.  Heel/toe and rev matching is an art.  The best drivers win in the turns.  Smooth is fast and I have never been known as "smooth".  

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 3

I did about 10 laps in Assetto Coursa with an older version of my car yesterday using a sim rig. It's a hard track to master. I've contacted the Toyota liaison for the beta. Idk if I can get him to do a track walk but getting help on all the blind corners will be gold.

The old GOATs in their fast Porsches used to tell me a good driver could drive a track well in 3 laps. These were drivers who had decades of driving the same track. When the Ridge was built, that talk faded away.

I used to be fast. Now I'm slow.  But those 10 laps told me buying track insurance was a good idea. Not for wrecking but a missed shift or over-revving. 

My plan is 3rd & 4th gear only, driver nannies on. Back of the pack and coming in for space when needed. 

My brake upgrades are going on this afternoon. just pads, rotors and fluid. I'm tempted to pull the front wheel well plastic out because didn't get the brake ducts. Even cutting a couple holes in the front to let air into the back of the wheel would help.

Yep...definitely back of the pack for me. :)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jaylew said:

So caravan....what is your route? I'm just outside of Boston and been trying to find anyone to drive in a group next Friday, but radio silence in this thread from anyone in NE

We're kinda heading straight down from Niagara, skirting along the Allegheny National Forest, then turning East towards Carlisle/the campgrounds. Hoping for the best combination of not being on Interstates the whole way, and getting something nicer to look at while crusing down.

So something like the 219 south until it meets 322? Hoping to leave some time here are there to get out at a lookout or what have you. Stretch our legs and take it in a little. Take out earplugs, if the drone is that bad. Haha!

• Thanks 1

Ok, so that is far off from me haha. I expect to cut through CT on 84 for most of the drive then at Scranton, PA turn south on 81. Maybe I'll find a more scenic route going totally west in MA then south but as of right now looking like about 6.5 hours for me total trip time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

3 minutes ago, jaylew said:

Ok, so that is far off from me haha

Yeah. I would happily have adjusted things to meet up with more people if the drive could have been made to be about the same distance, but given where we're starting from, heading anywhere further east towards you would have added serious time.
I'm looking to enjoy the drive there as well as actually being there, so it isn't about picking the most time and distance efficient route..... 

Do we have any idea of MaxCapacity is coming along? I think he is from the same direction you're coming down from....?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Enlight said:

I PM'd him but he has family visiting. I'm willing to do a meet at a state park near him if that's what it takes next year 😆

Boo.... he should bring the family

• Haha 1

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

@Enlight What time will people be at the camp site on Friday? Driving time for us shows about 7 hours, with stops and traffic I will expect to be on the road 8.5 hours at least. Need to decide on departure time so we can make it to camp site on reasonable time Friday night.

@jaylew Re: Caravan - We will be happy to caravan if that works for you. We are at 02818 so pretty much coastal line. Looking at the map we can probably meet up somewhere south of Hartford on I-84 and form the caravan from there. That's about coffee/gas stop distance from us - wife's corporate office is in Hartford. IIRC your significant other is/was in insurance too?  I will sit down with boys tomorrow to plan the route and figure out departure time. We'll need to synchronize but based on travel time I'd expect meeting you somewhere around 10-11AM? This far my only limit is fueling stops at most 150 miles apart - running on half tank, it smells if I fill up more than that.

@Enlight@jaylew I'll PM you both my cell # for direct comms. Is there a Telegram/WhatsUp group for this?

@boxkita Was it you who wanted Alagash beer? Please confirm so I can get it in time.

Anyone else - any NE craft beers that you want, let me know and we'll try to find it. We will be bringing some cans from good local breweries too.

• Like 4

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

@SubOperator that timing I can make work. It's myself and my dad heading down so we're pretty flexible. Also no rush, so stopping every 150 is fine. No wagon left behind!

@solidxsnake are you still on the fence? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Would be great so see @solidxsnake, hope his work travel plans do not screw this up. I will be happy to also buy those new brake lines and fittings from him! 

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I will grab an assortment of local IPAs maybe a stout or 2, etc.  As a gift to our neighbors from the north, for @KZJonny I will bring a 35pack of any craptastic American piss water he prefers.  Bud Light?:hide:

Edited by m sprank
  • Haha 3