9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Enlight said:

So far...

• May 26-28
  • June 2-4
  • June 23-25

Are tied for the lead, including @thefultonhow's votes cast on Doodle. It's difficult choosing the tiebreaker because it means some people will get to attend and others won't, though I am inclined to weight @boxkita's vote a little heavier since the East Coast will probably not be able to host him again anytime soon. In the meantime, I will continue to let the votes trickle in.

None of the above weekends work for me. Sorry. But don't hold up the meet because of my schedule.

I have to head home after the 17-18 (Father's day weekend), especially if going to Carlisle. If Harpers Ferry area, I have a little more flexibility. But not another week.

We have yet to take our grand tour with the motor home, so I'll be back in the next year or two.  Georgia & Chesapeake bay are on the short list for that trip.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, boxkita said:

None of the above weekends work for me. Sorry. But don't hold up the meet because of my schedule.

I have to head home after the 17-18 (Father's day weekend), especially if going to Carlisle. If Harpers Ferry area, I have a little more flexibility. But not another week.

We have yet to take our grand tour with the motor home, so I'll be back in the next year or two.  Georgia & Chesapeake bay are on the short list for that trip.

Chesapeake Bay Bridge is about a 2 hour drive (with traffic) from my home.  Awes me every time I drive across.  If we don't meet again this time, maybe next time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jaylew said:

But you voted for the 23-25? You can’t take that back haha!

i did. As someone said earlier, planning far out is hard. In the 5 days since @Enlight started this poll/thread, my wife had a major change of heart about our motor home adventure. Getting home sooner means heading out in the motor home sooner. 2 weeks sleeping in the toy vs motor home? 

Yall know my life is "drama" all the time. Selling my wagon didn't change that.

The 17th has one less vote :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jaylew said:

Touche! Upon further review, I'll throw my hat in the ring for 6/17!

Add it to the poll!

Anyone interested in staring a parallel thread (or using this one, once we've got a place and time figured out) to have some "S#it I need to fix on my old-ass Legacy to safely make this trip?" lists?

I know I'll have one, and actually having a date when it really needs to get done by will be good motivation to get my ass in gear on this.

😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since @jaylew generously threw in his hat for 6/17 and there haven't been any new votes in the last 2 days, I will close the poll tonight at midnight. Barring any significant changes, we will press on with 6/17 as our meet day. Please forgive me, @BoozeRS05! Hope you can still make it.

We will plan for Carlisle area or south.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I’m good with whatever dates or location. I don’t got no wife or kids, and I have friends and family all through WV and VA, so truly idgaf. My wagon just needs to hold oil long enough.

You’re doing a great job organizing this, keep it up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/6/2023 at 7:46 PM, thefultonhow said:

Don't most Sheetz stations have E85 now? 

One more reason Sheetz is better than Wawa :hide:

Wawa is ass.

Sheetz > Rofo > Quick Chek > Wawa 

RoFo also has E85, and if they have a carwash you get .35/gal off your purchase if you buy a $5 wash! 

Edited by THE RZA

• Enlight changed the title to June 16-18, 2023: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

June 16-18, 2023: LegacyGT Forum Meetup

Alright folks, thanks to everyone for participating and being team players, including @BoozeRS05 and @jaylew for making the June 16th weekend work. Block off your calendars and defend it from other obligations. I, for one, am pretty pumped to hang with y'all and put faces to screen names. I joined this forum in September 2004 when I was going to be a sophomore in college. I also want to thank everyone who has been reaching out to old members and pulling people out of the woodwork ( @m sprank!), keep it up.

Next step is to finalize the location so I will need everyone's input. The two big contenders right now are:

1. Carlisle, PA
  2. Harper's Ferry, VA

I have a slight preference for Carlisle because it will be closer to the rather large contingent of people traveling from the furthest away (Canada and Boston) but I'll let everyone chime in. Carlisle is also the furthest north our guest from the west is able to travel before booking it back home to Washington State. I think Finger Lakes will be an excellent candidate for future meets.

• Like 2

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

The Carlisle fairgrounds event calendar doesn't have anything planned for that weekend.  I can shoot them a call later today and see what the details are for holding an event.

Jennerstown Speedway has an event planned that Saturday night and there's street series drag races.  It's about two hours closer to Pittsburgh than Carlisle, but that could be cool to see some of YOU guys run a quarter mile too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Enlight said:

June 16-18, 2023: LegacyGT Forum Meetup

Alright folks, thanks to everyone for participating and being team players, including @BoozeRS05 and @jaylew for making the June 16th weekend work. Block off your calendars and defend it from other obligations. I, for one, am pretty pumped to hang with y'all and put faces to screen names. I joined this forum in September 2004 when I was going to be a sophomore in college. I also want to thank everyone who has been reaching out to old members and pulling people out of the woodwork ( @m sprank!), keep it up.

Next step is to finalize the location so I will need everyone's input. The two big contenders right now are:

1. Carlisle, PA
  2. Harper's Ferry, VA

I have a slight preference for Carlisle because it will be closer to the rather large contingent of people traveling from the furthest away (Canada and Boston) but I'll let everyone chime in. Carlisle is also the furthest north our guest from the west is able to travel before booking it back home to Washington State. I think Finger Lakes will be an excellent candidate for future meets.

Perfect, the date works!

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

10 minutes ago, BoozeRS05 said:

could be cool to see some of YOU guys run a quarter mile too!

!!!

My (5MT) gearbox is made of glass just like everyone elses. I think being 500kms from home would not be the place for me to have my first ever go at a drag strip. Unless someone has a drivetrain lying around they'd be willing to donate to get me home. 😄

I've never in my life done so much as a clutch dump on any of my cars....

I've done some *very* stupid things on motorcycles, and made plenty of smoke that way, but for some reason when it comes to cages, I'm really conservative. Probably becuase they are so much more expensive to fix..... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Looking forward to this meet. With a week to make it there, I should be able to visit any southerners who can't make the trip.

I'm definitely buying track insurance, now. Kip & I are both driving low mileage rwd 2-door cars on a new track. No youtube moments for me.

Ill pass on the dragstrip, too.

Lodging in the area? 

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2023 at 12:12 PM, KZJonny said:

Anyone interested in staring a parallel thread (or using this one, once we've got a place and time figured out) to have some "S#it I need to fix on my old-ass Legacy to safely make this trip?" lists?

I know I'll have one, and actually having a date when it really needs to get done by will be good motivation to get my ass in gear on this.

😬

Parallel thread is a great idea, I think it will be a good idea to keep it separate so the actual planning in here doesn't get buried. That being said, I can include your thread in the first post. I have a whole engine I need to assemble and install in my car (in addition to a coolant pre-heater side project) before Bessie is roadworthy again.

2 hours ago, BoozeRS05 said:

The Carlisle fairgrounds event calendar doesn't have anything planned for that weekend.  I can shoot them a call later today and see what the details are for holding an event.

Jennerstown Speedway has an event planned that Saturday night and there's street series drag races.  It's about two hours closer to Pittsburgh than Carlisle, but that could be cool to see some of YOU guys run a quarter mile too!

There are also some other campgrounds around Carlisle that have tent and cabin options for people who don't want to rough it. Logistically, giving people the ability to walk to their lodging (cabin) instead of driving (hotel) will encourage people to hang around the fireside and chat and catch up later into the evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

For the hard core wagon owners, car camping is an option. I've only done it once in my other wagon in order to catch a POW day in VT. 

Though that takes precious cargo space for spare oil and road trip spare parts!

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Cabin sounds great, I am too old for sleeping in the wagon, did more than fair share of sleeping in the cars in my 20s.

Edited by SubOperator
  • Like 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I'm fine with either Carlisle of Mike's place, and will go with the crowd. One extra hour doesn't mean too much to me if I'm already going 6 or so. I suppose one of the benefits of not having turned my GT car into a track 'weapon' is that it is still really a good platform for, ya know.... a Grand Tour? 🤪

I'll probably choose whatever camping option is appealing in the area. I've never had to sleep IN my wagon, tho I "car camp" once a year or so. It's possible but at ~6'2", I'd rather just bring a small tent and a ground pad. Takes like 5 minutes to set that up. I lived out of a tent for 5 summers or so working in forestry, so I probably get as good sleep on the ground + mat as I ever do in a real bed.

Activities and libations are welcome. I could probably bring along a small (20/30L) keg of beer + CO2 and a basic tap system if anyone close to the site has some kind of cooler to put it in and anyone wants to help keep ice in it for the weekend? I don't know that I would have space for all that plus a cooler, but I might.

Edited by KZJonny
speling

• I Donated

Both Carlisle and Harper's Ferry are a little cooler on average than Baltimore, but just an FYI for those contemplating camping, it can get pretty hot in this area in June, and it's not a dry heat either. Mid-80s or higher, and 90+% humidity, is likely. 

Personally, I'll be sleeping in my bed each night. :p 1.5 hours to Carlisle Fairgrounds. 

• I Donated

Both Carlisle and Harper's Ferry are a little cooler on average than Baltimore, but just an FYI for those contemplating camping, it can get pretty hot in this area in June, and it's not a dry heat either. Mid-80s or higher, and 90+% humidity, is likely. 

Personally, I'll be sleeping in my bed each night. :p 1.5 hours to Carlisle Fairgrounds. 

• I Donated

Just an FYI for those thinking about camping... Carlisle and Harper's Ferry are a little cooler on average than Baltimore, but mid-June can get pretty hot around here, and it's not a dry heat either. Mid-80s or higher and 90+% humidity is likely. 

Personally, I'll be sleeping in my bed each night. :p 1.5 hours to Carlisle Fairgrounds from my house. 

I don't know many of the members on here that are in Mass but just remembered that @solidxsnake hasn't been roped in.

Also I want to throw out there the idea of maybe a convoy for those that are grouped together? Could be fun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild