LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

[ATTACH]294161[/ATTACH]

Which bolt failed? One of the front pair (#4)?

I probably torqued by touch for those (aka. what I can get out of a 3/8" socket wrench) which is probably pretty close to spec. For the 103 ft lbs I use a big torque wrench, but in the 40-50s I usually do it by touch.

It is one of the rear bolts holding bushings (10) and (13) (T5 torque on your diagram).

Finished installing my JDM double din kit. Feels good to have climate controls back!

3icpeNH_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Still need to dremel out some room for the hazard switch and align the shifter trim.

Edited by Ratmilk

Infosecdad, I recall you recently changed your crossmember bushings. Do you remember the torque spec you used? I just changed mine and I swear the FSM is wrong. It called for 70 N.m (~51 ft.lbs), which is I think way too much. In fact, one bolt failed :mad:.

Also installed the STI transmission mount. Man, my 20-25 mph vibration is completely gone! And I can tell shifting from 1st to 2nd is more precise.

I know the FSM asked for 51 ft. lbs on my bugeye, that was way too much so I ended up getting longer bolts and jb welding a nut on the other side..

I think 30 should be tight enough.

I know the FSM asked for 51 ft. lbs on my bugeye, that was way too much so I ended up getting longer bolts and jb welding a nut on the other side..

I think 30 should be tight enough.

I agree. I will most likely do something similar. I think if you google this issue, you may find other people falling victim of this torque spec.

I agree. I will most likely do something similar. I think if you google this issue, you may find other people falling victim of this torque spec.

Just to be sure, I'm referring to the nuts welded on to (7) in the diagram.

[ATTACH]294161[/ATTACH]

Nice!

My steering wheel delivered and it was awful compared to the pic on the site. Called the shop and they said the pictures should be representative of the product, which I said - no, no it's definitely not in this case. Not happy at all, wanted that wheel

Nice!

My steering wheel delivered and it was awful compared to the pic on the site. Called the shop and they said the pictures should be representative of the product, which I said - no, no it's definitely not in this case. Not happy at all, wanted that wheel

Picture should BE the product, not a sample pic... :mad:

see the picture

[attach]294168[/attach]

finally.

it's about time, you've been keeping it a garage queen all these years!!

Of note to forum members. Typing in all caps as a joke gets turned into all lower case. Can't even yell at anyone on the internet anymore these days lol.

Well I hope to be in the 300klub eventually. Currently at 246k. At this rate it'll take me about 6 more years.

Edited by seanyb505

Infosecdad, I recall you recently changed your crossmember bushings. Do you remember the torque spec you used? I just changed mine and I swear the FSM is wrong. It called for 70 N.m (~51 ft.lbs), which is I think way too much. In fact, one bolt failed :mad:.

Also installed the STI transmission mount. Man, my 20-25 mph vibration is completely gone! And I can tell shifting from 1st to 2nd is more precise.

This happened to me about a month ago. I put Kartboy bushings and while tightening to spec the bolt stripped. The U-bolt looking thing. It seems to be made of a soft metal. I have several Subaru dealers nearby and only one had it. So luckily I did have to wait weeks for shipping. I didn’t torque the new one to spec. It just seemed like too much.

Did you have to push it to 300k? Then your back and knees gave out so you had your son take the pic? :lol::lol::lol:

Congrats on keeping it alive.

I'll say it still runs well. I don't drive as much since being retired. The body is beginning to show its age in the normal rust spots, but not to bad from a distance.

Even when the new garage is finished...it will still sit outside, the Spec B will move inside.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'll say it still runs well. I don't drive as much since being retired. The body is beginning to show its age in the normal rust spots, but not to bad from a distance.

Even when the new garage is finished...it will still sit outside, the Spec B will move inside.

Just bustin chops. Yours made it far longer than any Subie I have owned.

I was able to source a third EDM console. Just wanted to let you guys know if anyone was interested or looking for it.

On another note, damage to my motor could have been a whole lot worse. Only have 1 slightly bent valve and 1 broken valve spring. Pistons and walls are fine. No problems or damage to the head. So as good as could be hoped for. Ordered replacement parts, and a new clutch just waiting for them to be shipped.

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

Pics are attached.

I can include a manual Shifter surround or automatic if needed if I get my asking price, I can also include the parts needed to wire up the light up cup holders(si drive, led lights and harness, clear plastic cup trim for led lights)

Screenshot_20211117-144526_Instagram.thumb.jpg.3d869b354b420f15d2ce6d1cfc100c03.jpg

Screenshot_20211117-144532_Instagram.thumb.jpg.741c904a56a84b06dbc108c3e9ecaddf.jpg

Screenshot_20211117-144546_Instagram.thumb.jpg.156c0f4080f3648877a7fccd28b0d0b1.jpg

Screenshot_20211117-144539_Instagram.thumb.jpg.5137161aaef307e8a063eab7f50bdf0b.jpg

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

Just bustin chops. Yours made it far longer than any Subie I have owned.

Oh yeah, I understand that.

The suspension is making noises over the broken pavement but is quiet on the highway and smooth roads. It handles well with the Koni's and Epic springs you got me back in 2013 or 14.

I plan to keep the car one more winter, then next summer sell it for parts. We'll see how that plan works out. The thing is still so much fun when I push my right foot down.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Pics are attached.

I can include a manual Shifter surround or automatic if needed if I get my asking price, I can also include the parts needed to wire up the light up cup holders(si drive, led lights and harness, clear plastic cup trim for led lights)

So what is the asking price?

The suspension is making noises over the broken pavement but is quiet on the highway and smooth roads. It handles well with the Koni's and Epic springs you got me back in 2013 or 14.

I plan to keep the car one more winter, then next summer sell it for parts. We'll see how that plan works out. The thing is still so much fun when I push my right foot down.

Is the rust just getting that bad or have other circumstances brought those feelings up? 300K is impressive on one of these.

I wish you could have kept it but I understand.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Pics are attached.

Next in line for price. Nothing in for sale forum.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Is the rust just getting that bad or have other circumstances brought those feelings up? 300K is impressive on one of these.

I enjoy driving the car so much...but I'm concerned about taking it to VT every week for skiing this year. Don't really want to drive the Spec B for that.

There are so many road noises after all these years...yet on smooth pavement it's fairly quiet.

It's only been 4000 miles on the oil, but I'm going to change it anyway to prepare for the Winter.

Thanks for reminding me. I had to R&R the alternator on the old Ford F150 today. It's currently 66F, so it's a good day to work on cars.