LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I plastic welded the fuel assembly that was cracked in three places. I also welded up the seams where the connector enters into the housing as I noticed fuel leaking out of there. Sanded it down so hopefully it will create a good enough seal. The plastic used for the assembly is POM aka Delrin.

before.thumb.jpg.27fc1788114abda76850f436e735d09a.jpg

after.thumb.jpg.ff9065953680bf31c82607b7d4daa4fe.jpg

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Also, installed a Borla LGT CBE as well. Third time is the charm on exhaust setup and the noise level is perfect for general livability and drone, even with UEL headers (Perrin).

I've had this on my car for 10 years, with a 3" catless DP. It is the perfect cat back.

Correction, perfect exhaust for old people :lol:

kids these days with straight pipes and cherry bombs!

That is true :lol: I am done with all that super loud stuff. I tried to make my LGT loud and when they started it in the bay, I was sooo quite :mad:. But when I am around 5500 plus, it speaks :p:spin:.

Correction, perfect exhaust for old people :lol:

kids these days with straight pipes and cherry bombs!

Hey, are you saying this is the 1970's... cherry bombs were big back then. Your age is showing...LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I installed the HKS on my ‘06 LGT a few weeks ago and really like the deeper sound. Not a fan of the size of the cans out the back. A very boy racer look then old grey hair gets out of the driver seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Work's been treating me well this year, so I'm putting some of my bonus into shiny goodies for my LGT which I barely drive :lol:

Just put in an order for new coilovers from RedShift Motorsports (recommended by a local national-champion level autocrosser). Didn't see many other enticing options to upgrade my aging KW Variant2 coils besides taking a chance and getting a set of the Bilstein coilovers shipped from JapanParts. So I guess I can be the guinea pig for these coils on the LGT. Link here: https://store.redshiftmotorsports.com/default.asp

Next on the winter parts hoarding list is a Swaintech coated KBHH. But I'm in no rush :)

P/N: C8110FG011

For those looking for a little interior Dress-up, STI aluminum pedals are still available, and although the BL/P chassis isn’t listed as compatible they fit without modification.

I installed them without taking the pedals out of my car. Installing the gas pedal cover is a PITA to install while fitted in the car, especially fitting the bolt through the holes (basically done blind) but it can be done. Just keep in mind how the brackets are supposed to fit onto the pedals for appropriate fit n finish.

PN.thumb.jpg.aa28604cc33f8565f7dd9b6a1639b9e9.jpg

1272975773_CnBpedals.JPG.cc7ac80fbf9d927bee849a74943d734f.JPG

203938277_Cliporientation.JPG.1629c32c4596922b43929c8e5bfc67c5.JPG

1064555417_GasBracket.JPG.8000f67ee5305a1336bc44e21ddedad2.JPG

Installed.JPG.ed029f5cd057186e0633daeb9150a9f2.JPG

Picked up a nice OBXT momo steering wheel with the wood portion at the top the other day. Probably will look pretty odd in my wagon, but who knows might look cool. It's in significantly better shape than my OE wheel at least.

Picked up a nice OBXT momo steering wheel with the wood portion at the top the other day. Probably will look pretty odd in my wagon, but who knows might look cool. It's in significantly better shape than my OE wheel at least.

I use one of those in the 'family' outback. I like it better than the momo that came with our car.

I think they should fit all gen 4s. I have an 07. IDK if the cable-throttles are different from drive-by-wire pedals.

So for at least 2007+ it should work

Huh? 2005 is drive by wire, I replaced my gas pedal couple of years back, it's a potentiometer (sp?) with a connector.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

GReddy SP2 exhaust, sounds amazing, perfect for Gray hair.

Do you get much drone/noise with it in the wagon? I sold Greddy sedan version after some loud drone experience with Invidia Q300.

I do need a better flowing exhaust than stock Y and mufflers with aftermarket DP for the future, but do not want it to be too loud or have drone.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I think they should fit all gen 4s. I have an 07. IDK if the cable-throttles are different from drive-by-wire pedals.

So for at least 2007+ it should work

I can't remember but I believe there is a different in the shape of the gas pedal between some years. Anyone can confirm?

Infosecdad, I recall you recently changed your crossmember bushings. Do you remember the torque spec you used? I just changed mine and I swear the FSM is wrong. It called for 70 N.m (~51 ft.lbs), which is I think way too much. In fact, one bolt failed :mad:.

Also installed the STI transmission mount. Man, my 20-25 mph vibration is completely gone! And I can tell shifting from 1st to 2nd is more precise.

Infosecdad, I recall you recently changed your crossmember bushings. Do you remember the torque spec you used? I just changed mine and I swear the FSM is wrong. It called for 70 N.m (~51 ft.lbs), which is I think way too much. In fact, one bolt failed :mad:.

Also installed the STI transmission mount. Man, my 20-25 mph vibration is completely gone! And I can tell shifting from 1st to 2nd is more precise.

999356221_ScreenShot2021-11-16at8_38_16AM.thumb.png.7d5b7fdd98b7b3ad734de9010fbd421e.png

Which bolt failed? One of the front pair (#4)?

I probably torqued by touch for those (aka. what I can get out of a 3/8" socket wrench) which is probably pretty close to spec. For the 103 ft lbs I use a big torque wrench, but in the 40-50s I usually do it by touch.

Heads up if you like picking up stuff off Buyee.jp (Yahoo Auctions Japan), they are running into nasty shipping delays for a number of things due to limited capacity from FedEx, DHL, etc. I have some wheels that have been sitting for two weeks and they said they aren't sure how many more weeks it will be before they can ship them. I had something small make it in a couple days, but I think the bigger things are going to be really slow for a while.

For my wagon, I finally got my son's '99 out of the garage. I need to replace the power steering pump before a road trip next week and I swapped the STi Genome out for the Ganador Titans. The Genome are quieter (which I like), but they don't make me giggle at heavy acceleration like the Titanium does... No other exhaust sounds like that in my experience. So I'll run them for a bit and may decide to keep the Titans instead.