LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Might have just ordered aluminum front control arms to go with the new bushings I have lying around. Recommendations on ball joint brand? Only subaru, or is moog or mevotec okay?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm getting the parts together to rebuild my front end. I know my ball joints aren't going to survive removal and reinstall at this point in their lives. I'll be lucky if I can even get them out of the knuckles.

Might have just ordered aluminum front control arms to go with the new bushings I have lying around. Recommendations on ball joint brand? Only subaru, or is moog or mevotec okay?

I have a new set of Mevo in my parts bin, I ended up going with Forged ball joints.

Not today, but haven't been around in the last couple of days.

I changed the Oil again. Also put an Amazon special (DNA Motoring) CBE on.

Also managed to snag up a Cargo cover, O2 sensor, and an unused NEW Mevotech LCA (aluminum). Will be getting the matching one for the other side next spring (likely) to do the front suspension.

The exhaust is loud, and drones a good deal at highway speeds, but for $230 bucks shipped to my house, it didn't seem like a bad deal. It is a 3" Stainless from DP to the splitter / y-pipe, and then 2 1/2" the rest of the way. A guy I work with is a good welder, and he touched up all the flanges on the inside so it shouldn't crack where it probably would have. It had very thin welds at the flanges, and almost NO penetration, but what can you complain about for that cost?

Edited by JMack

I have a new set of Mevo in my parts bin, I ended up going with Forged ball joints.

The Proforge ones? Those are the only forged ones I can find. Jerks don't give you the pinch bolt with them...

Also, I thought some of the new control arms come with ball joints. Otherwise I've gone with Moog in the past.

I bought used spec-b front lower control arms off ebay that ended up being slightly cheaper than getting the mevotec aluminum arms. I already have new whiteline front and rear bushings for them, so used arms with shot bushings seemed like a better deal.

The Proforge ones? Those are the only forged ones I can find. Jerks don't give you the pinch bolt with them...

I bought used spec-b front lower control arms off ebay that ended up being slightly cheaper than getting the mevotec aluminum arms. I already have new whiteline front and rear bushings for them, so used arms with shot bushings seemed like a better deal.

Ah, yeah, ProForged. I had a new set of Mevotech arms, so I had a new bolt already so it wasn't a big deal for my scenario.

For anyone else that is I interested in aluminum bits - pmp auto group is a great resource for used oem. I paid $330 shipped for front and rear spec b suspension, minus rear lateral links ($70ea new oem from Subaru)
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

For anyone else that is I interested in aluminum bits - pmp auto group is a great resource for used oem. I paid $330 shipped for front and rear spec b suspension, minus rear lateral links ($70ea new oem from Subaru)

So what is the real benefit for these aluminum bits? If they are worth it, I will just by them all and get them installed.

So what is the real benefit for these aluminum bits? If they are worth it, I will just by them all and get them installed.

"Weight savings" I think for most of us it's bling. There's a thread on here that measured the savings and it wasn't that large of a reduction, even factoring unsprung weight. I picked some so I could have spares with new stuff being pressed in, rather than take arms off my car and then take all that stuff to a shop.

Google is my friend: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/aluminum-suspension-weight-savings-230346.html. 22lbs weight reduction. Should be enough for me to make that yellow light up there...

Edited by seanyb505

Google - unsprung weight

The suspension needs to work harder to keep the wheels on the ground. And with new arms should mean new bushings, which wear and tear. New bushings and lighter components will be a significant improvement.

Google - unsprung weight

The suspension needs to work harder to keep the wheels on the ground. And with new arms should mean new bushings, which wear and tear. New bushings and lighter components will be a significant improvement.

So I get these cool arms for some weight loss, then have to get a 6MT to hold more power :lol: I need carbon, trunk, rear doors to off set things.

Finally had to replace the PCV in the wagon. 299,780 miles on the one the car came with.

I'll finish topping off the oil tomorrow.

God, I hate trying to get a true oil level reading on these cars...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So I swapped the spec b parts along with lighter tires and the difference is very noticeable. It’s your money and I sure as hell won’t tell you how to spend it, but this was worth it for me.

So I get these cool arms for some weight loss, then have to get a 6MT to hold more power :lol: I need carbon, trunk, rear doors to off set things.

Exactly! You’re not new here!

Received my new EDM 2DIN faceplate from Russia. This was much faster than expected.

It's all mate black which I knew would be the case before ordering. Question is now do I try painting it to match the stock radio face, or keep it black.

Will start slow hunt for a proper EDM radio unit now - donor for HVAC controls.

Also picking up new OEM front rotors and pads from the dealer later tonight.

Determined to get to the bottom of the front wheel shake issue.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I felt the difference running with lighter rims, so it is worth it for me.

lighter rims & lighter tires have a bigger effect on unsprung weight than just about anything except brake discs. However most ppl don't like running half thickness discs.

17x8 rpf1 rims with high quality shaved tires is about as light as you can go.

Went for a 350 mile drive yesterday with my video camera setup. I started at Bear Mountain/Harriman State Park and wrapped up around 11am. I figured I had enough time to do New Paltz scenic byway as well so I went on a lark.

The footage is pretty shaky even with the vibration isolator, hopefully it's something I can take care of in post. Now starts the process of learning Davinci Resolve.

Received my new EDM 2DIN faceplate from Russia. This was much faster than expected.

Pics? I don't think I've seen this before.

mounted.thumb.jpg.0286370910a438047e62005e8a63f034.jpg

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Pics? I don't think I've seen this before.

The original info came from finsta. He found the panel and did the actual swap. I found a link to post about it in his SPecB build thread:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6047961&postcount=36

That also has the EDM 2DIN radio part # - this is the HVAC donor and small parts donor for the EDM 2DIN panel. Panel itself is from ebay, here it the link to the same listing I bought from:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153173478907

There were other sellers offering the same part for the same price.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I bought the same double din thinking I could swap my jdm controls over...I didn't pay attention to the fact that the buttons are swapped. I should have bought the rhd version of the same double din.

Finding the donor radio is the challenge. It's rather cost prohibitive to get it shipped once you find one. So far, there doesn't seem to be a cost savings over the jdm route.

Speaking of console updates, I just finished the trip computer relocation to the ashtray.. Got one of the bezels from the guy here and finished it last night.

About 90% done with my console makeover. Then I'll just need an entire new dash.

1903550757_Screenshot_20211105-1116352.thumb.png.78bad10d43c4ee61585a3e49fb96a65d.png

Edited by BoozeRS05

Speaking of console updates, I just finished the trip computer relocation to the ashtray.. Got one of the bezels from the guy here and finished it last night.

About 90% done with my console makeover. Then I'll just need an entire new dash.

Ooh, I can't wait to see the finished product!

MILKRUN  - Click Here