LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Actually did this yesterday, but was too lazy to post it..

Inspected the 3 places where our brake lines fail. I will admit, the nox rust stuff subaru used seems to work great, in certain situations. My joint connector wasn't in bad shape when they sprayed it on, and it looks exactly like it did 7-8 years ago. Taking pictures of the other two places is a bit more challenging. It seems like one place has gotten a little bit worse, but still looks okay? Doesn't surprise me that this will still be a trouble area. How can the anti corrosion wax really coat the line when it's being held by a clip? Can't the clip rub away the wax a bit with vibration, bumps, and other movement? Really not the right way to address this issue subaru. Still hoping they man up and fix this, not some band-aid anti-corrosion wax. crummy older pics of my joint connector

PXL_20210425_215323977.thumb.jpg.607eedc8e8e3838efac81dc007a059b9.jpg

PXL_20210425_215808738.thumb.jpg.beabc3ab26c40156051c950f23862e51.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.d6ff059806e9170be31916b74e8caa65.jpg

Speaking of brake line rust... I bought NiCopp lines, connectors, tools, etc. to replace the lines on my LGT... it's been sitting in my garage and I haven't had time to tackle the job yet. Also have an AEM320 pump sitting in there as well, to be done (hopefully) next time I'm running low on gas. Which may be a while...

Pulled my fuel pickup again to investigate a leak... It was coming from one of the fittings which is impossible to remove without sacrificing the internal plastic lines to simply replace the offending o-ring.

I was going to swap in the one from my 07 but that is horrifically cracked going around the top seam so that option is out. Also tried to heat up the plastic lines in hope that I could mix and match parts but I then discovered my 06 lid is also cracked.... New Subaru lid here we come... :(

I've only been able to drive this car about 350-400 miles... This little shit is killing me!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Back in business. A few late night shortcuts to tidy up. Cold pipe fit like a glove. Hot pipe, I was sent a mislabeled kit so the last section of hard pipe was for the wrong style turbo. Nothing my friends the bandsaw and bead roller couldn't fix. The hot side piping is very tight coming around from the IC.

IMG_20210427_070423.thumb.jpg.a68e60717913afdb6240b79685caf288.jpg

No way the bumper cover fits without significant modification to the fog light housings. Going to give that a whack later in the week.

I was just going to say - does not look that IC would fit in JDM bumper skin at all. Even USDM may have to be trimmed.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

what's the size of the i/c? The perrin fits inside a standard usdm bumper skin, although the usdm bumper beam was replaced with a piece of bar stock

I think the skin will fit, but the fogs are right where the IC outlets are. Is the Perrin top exit?

went shopping for shortblocks last night. It looks like I'll be selling some more parts. $5500 for a closed deck is a bit much

You could ship a block to Outfront and they will close deck it for 875 plus shipping. Then you just need to buy piston/rods/bearings

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

I removed my wood "Personal" shift knob and installed the stock shift knob. The Personal knob is not weighted and the trim ring comes loose and rattles, which is super annoying. I do like the shape better than the stock knob though so I may be in the market for some sort of round, weighted, non-heat transferring knob. Titanium doesn't transfer heat well, right?:icon_twis Edited by lagwagon

Pulled the leaking radiator from my 09 LGT this morning. Going to replace all the rubber coolant hoses down there by the exhaust. Hope my son returns home from work with a new radiator later tonight.

I removed my wood "Personal" shift knob and installed the stock shift knob. The Personal knob is not weighted and the trim ring comes loose and rattles, which is super annoying. I do like the shape better than the stock knob though so I may be in the market for some sort of round, weighted, non-heat transferring knob. Titanium doesn't transfer heat well, right?:icon_twis

if someone made titanium knobs, ppl would buy them. even if it set their fingers on fire

I removed my wood "Personal" shift knob and installed the stock shift knob. The Personal knob is not weighted and the trim ring comes loose and rattles, which is super annoying. I do like the shape better than the stock knob though so I may be in the market for some sort of round, weighted, non-heat transferring knob. Titanium doesn't transfer heat well, right?:icon_twis

I really like my raceseng knob. Good shape and weight and the delrin part doesn't get too hot. Expensive though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulled out my blown turbo after putting it off forever. Pretty simple, aside from the bottom hose beside the UP that was impossible to get to. Finally just said eff the clamp and pried it off

I left the lower clamp off. 40k and no leaks, but it was still really difficult to get off.

I have a delrin STi 5mt shift knob for sale :)

Finally got a retainer clip for my ebrake and finished the redline boot. My dash is not doing so hot, but I have a friend with an extra which I'll be grabbing to flock. Trying to bring the interior up to par too.

I left the lower clamp off. 40k and no leaks, but it was still really difficult to get off.

Mine pulled off from the turbo. I might just leave the top one off, or at most replace it with a standard screw clamp turned so that it's actually accessible.

Junkyard VF52, Grimmspeed TMIC, and braided lines on the way.

Drove it to work and back on the blown turbo, so I'll definitely be doing a couple of quick oil changes. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Scooby-Roo

Anyone used Amazon Basics butyl sheets been used for soundproofing?

Amazon have a promo of free shipping to my country, and i evaluation buy a big quantity of this butyl sheets. The amount of discount in shipping without promo is approx. 260 USD.

Finally acquired and installed a Cobb short shifter. I should've done this years ago...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I picked up the cobb double adjustable short shifter going into the STI short shifter linkage as part of my outback subframe spacer delete. I'm excited to feel the difference

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk