LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Exactly. The Audi RS6 is a fantastic wagon but its auto and more importantly 120K+. I don't want to even think what the insurance rates on it will be.

there's one at the audi dealer next door. I was pretty well on the way to "mine" until I saw entertainment controls instead of gear shift. Idc about utility, I want to shift my own gears. :)

One of the least important but seriously worrying worries I have is that one day I'll be forced to daily commute with an automatic transmission. Unless I go full sportscar, like a Corve... Miata.

Not my kids health.

Not my losing my job.

Car with two pedals.

I swear to God if I have to go in here one more time the next thing that I will be dropping in there is a lit ****** match!

0aa645d2a62c5d2e298136479378fa0f.jpg

107365affe311958ae0ec2f2a99bc32b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Edited by B-BGTLimited

New AVCS gears are a success!

Public service announcement... Do not buy eBay AVCS seals from Russia and think they will last. Just buy new gears if you're unsure of how dirty or worn yours are.

New seals melted into goo... And apparently jammed my divers side one.

300 miles.... 300 ****** miles....

84d09b5826ab9dd3e3c23df699e6af50.jpg

5a119477fe35e8356391fe30c3b76b0c.jpg

Exactly. The Audi RS6 is a fantastic wagon but its auto and more importantly 120K+. I don't want to even think what the insurance rates on it will be.

As a former AUDI technician I have my opinions about them. I don’t nor do I plan on owning one if that is worth anything.

Lifted the rear end yesterday, prepping to replace the rear brake line(s) with nicopp... closer inspection shows the only rust is on the fittings going into the splitter block, but the lines themselves are completely rust-free. Decided against screwing with the lines (mostly because I'm lazy), and now I'm comfortable driving the car again. So I drove it around yesterday and today. Had the trunk full of tools today, so didn't corner too hard at the on-ramps, but the merging never ceases to amuse in this car :D

Now just need to replace the nearly spent RE-71Rs sometime soon. Maybe have one more autocross left in these before they need to get replaced. Still working on the never-ending OS tuning software in the very scarce bursts of free time I find myself having.

Yeah, screw those autos y'all. *Looks tearfully/proudly at 5EAT car*

I was on the way to selling mine. 10 yrs of ownership as the original owner, I started to lust after other cars, so I brought it back to stock. I almost picked up Volvo S60 R design too. The Volvo fell through and figured I should have the GT's engine checked out so it would be ready to sell quickly. After 130K mi, it was perfectly healthy. So, I bought everything I needed to go stage 3.

Like y'all mentioned, there just isn't a car that fills this car's spot without spending a significant amount of money. I couldn't let go of it and thus will ride it into the sunset or into the dirt. Whichever comes first.

:yeahthat:

Did some aluminum control arms on my friends wagon. Slapped on the Moog balljoints into Mevotech arms. Super quick and easy install. Was able to do both sides in an hour. Also nearly finished wrapping my little Starlet GTTurbo to match my ST205 GT4. Productive weekend!

51156435835_e45d452990_z.jpg

51156113754_865fcbb347_z.jpg

51155238070_351880ccc5_z.jpg

Funny, I had my wagon on the quickjacks yesterday. Got them last week.

DSCN9206.thumb.JPG.d64e204a57d825aa474924a49a063c67.JPG

Garage is coming soon...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

[ATTACH]291595[/ATTACH]

Garage is coming soon...

How do you like them?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Gave my baby her 2nd coating of Regex for the Summer.

I've owned here for 16 yrs next month, just turned 140k, yes, she's the less desirable 5EAT and has theTaupe interior that everyone wants to change out but she's not going anywhere.

Well maintained in and out, being debaged, many people have no idea what she is and quite often they think she is but a couple of years old.

I'm in the auto busines and my dealership GM offered me $12K last week, it took me less than 2 seconds to say no!

I only bring this up because many have been talking rebuild or sell, what can you buy that looks this good and performs as well as these do for even $20K?

I'm only STG1 but I have a custom JmP VF40 and Cobb catted DP waiting for a rebuild or until someone tells me without a doubt the DP will not make my GReddy SP2 too loud or drone.

I thought I'd attach a few pics of in and out to prove why she not going anywhere.

Aside from a touch of cracking on the drivers bolster she's just like she came off the showroom floor.

No I won't take $15k either, Lol

16y1.thumb.jpg.0f71a70477d4e5d8d94f002fb5d5f4ab.jpg

16y2.thumb.jpg.6bbbfd89b6c60efd94b694a8693dfc25.jpg

16y3.thumb.jpg.05024bf2255885bcee19c5466b5b40bd.jpg

16y4.thumb.jpg.feb5bb914ea6600ee8a652c6d44f1fe8.jpg

16y5.thumb.jpg.375f9f2cf434c9dae0881ba42984a8fe.jpg

[ATTACH]291595[/ATTACH]

Garage is coming soon...

They're nice aren't they :) I wish my workshop would support my Max Jax... That would be a life changer for me in there, but the quick jacks also help a ton.

Spent a little time in the garage inventorying all the suspension and steering parts I bought last year then moved twice. Only missing two items! Planning to take a week of PTO late this month or next to do the whole swap. Pretty much every upgrade sans additional bracing.

Spent a little time in the garage inventorying all the suspension and steering parts I bought last year then moved twice. Only missing two items! Planning to take a week of PTO late this month or next to do the whole swap. Pretty much every upgrade sans additional bracing.

As someone who is 85% done with this project make sure you get all the little bits too. Those are the ones that kill the momentum. I replaced most of the fasteners, and all the bushings under the car. I also painted a bunch of stuff way over kill but my OCD gets the best of me.

[ATTACH]291595[/ATTACH]

Garage is coming soon...

I have used the quickjacks 2-3 times a month for nearly 3 years. I’m super happy with them. Hope to have a proper lift here soon though.

As someone who is 85% done with this project make sure you get all the little bits too. Those are the ones that kill the momentum. I replaced most of the fasteners, and all the bushings under the car. I also painted a bunch of stuff way over kill but my OCD gets the best of me.
Yes... The OCD will take over... And it's always the small shit at the end that brings progress to a crawl and pushes the finish line out.

I still have one faulty TGV sensor before I'm "done". Of course it's the one right against the turbo. May be nearly impossible to get out without at least loosening the whole intake assembly. UGHK.... Code disabled for now and I at least know it's operational, it just doesn't know what position it's in.

They're nice aren't they :) I wish my workshop would support my Max Jax... That would be a life changer for me in there, but the quick jacks also help a ton.

I had thought about the Max Jax but these I can take anywhere and use them. May be once the garage is built, I may sell these to my son and upgrade.

SubOperator,

These are the 7000lbs ones. They are a bit heavy to move around from the shed to driveway, I'm sure that will change soon...each one weights 96lbs where the 5000lbs ones are 76lbs each.

Had the Outback up on them too.

IMG_1861.JPG.a965520ca478583047513b1f7b5bb0ba.JPG

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Yes... The OCD will take over... And it's always the small shit at the end that brings progress to a crawl and pushes the finish line out.

I still have one faulty TGV sensor before I'm "done". Of course it's the one right against the turbo. May be nearly impossible to get out without at least loosening the whole intake assembly. UGHK.... Code disabled for now and I at least know it's operational, it just doesn't know what position it's in.

FWIW, I have had that one sensor deleted for many years now. It has a cracked connector. Works fine.

I spent a while under the car inspecting which fasteners look risky and which should be reusable. I have a few specific areas of concern, but I figure if I can break everything before a Tuesday, I can place an order at the local dealership. I've got a wide range of projects queued up so hopefully I can bounce around.

I found the bolts I was missing, but it looks like my whiteline steering rack bushings have left the building. I'm installing an STi rack that obviously has new bushings. Is it worth picking up another set? Every other bushing under the car is getting replaced with whiteline or equivalent.

Also while handling my used STi solid steering linkage, one of the u joints feels a little notchy. Not bad, just not smooth. I don't remember it being that way when I packed it last September. Best to replace that? Or will it not really be noticeable?

I was greeted with a dentist drill sound on my way home from work this morning. Checked for a vacuum leak, nothing out of sorts. I guess it's time to get JMP working on this rebuild. Yet, I still have a considerable wait until my number is called for my road/dyno tune.
:yeahthat:

I spent a while under the car inspecting which fasteners look risky and which should be reusable. I have a few specific areas of concern, but I figure if I can break everything before a Tuesday, I can place an order at the local dealership. I've got a wide range of projects queued up so hopefully I can bounce around.

I found the bolts I was missing, but it looks like my whiteline steering rack bushings have left the building. I'm installing an STi rack that obviously has new bushings. Is it worth picking up another set? Every other bushing under the car is getting replaced with whiteline or equivalent.

Also while handling my used STi solid steering linkage, one of the u joints feels a little notchy. Not bad, just not smooth. I don't remember it being that way when I packed it last September. Best to replace that? Or will it not really be noticeable?

I have a spare set of brand new OEM steering rack bushings on hand, I can send your way.

I ordered the whiteline bushing kit and the 2015 rack had new bushings of course since it is new, so I have the OEM ones sitting in a box somewhere. I got the Perrin lock down kit for my OEM rubber steering link, I don't have any feed back for you on how it works since my car is still on jack stands.

Hit some parts of my underbody and door bottoms with fluid film. In other news, parts of my epoxy garage floor are now like an ice skating rink. Used this large mixing tub to catch drips and mist at the beginning since it was nearby, forgot to use it when I did certain sections.. I used to always keep a couple big broken down cardboard boxes in my garage for stuff like this, need to start doing that again. Edited by apexi

I have a spare set of brand new OEM steering rack bushings on hand, I can send your way.

I ordered the whiteline bushing kit and the 2015 rack had new bushings of course since it is new, so I have the OEM ones sitting in a box somewhere. I got the Perrin lock down kit for my OEM rubber steering link, I don't have any feed back for you on how it works since my car is still on jack stands.

Yeah, the STi rack I have came with bushings too. Just trying to decide if I should upgrade to whiteline ksr207 or run with the OEM initially. Boy racer in me wants to upgrade, adult in me is asking if it's a worth-while spend.