LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I picked up the cobb double adjustable short shifter going into the STI short shifter linkage as part of my outback subframe spacer delete. I'm excited to feel the difference

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

It's well worth it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Audi isn't making a manual wagon again. volvo hasn't for awhile. the number of 4th gen gt crushed already is alot. fixing is still less than buying something that pisses you off because its not a lgt.

I have a daily ('17 Ridgeline), which is nice. But yeah a sedan with a manual is becoming rarer by the day, I wish I had a wagon. It's a decent argument you make there.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Would you feel the same way if yours needed a rebuild?

Right now, yes. I swapped out a lower mileage engine 2yrs ago and the full interior. I'm planning on building a new engine and hopefully a 6mt in the next couple years. Plans may change, we'll see :lol:

I really love the concept of an AWD, manual wagon with decent lines. They basically don't exist for any kind of reasonable price, so I just pour money into mine...

It doesn't make sense financially, but it's my vice and stress relief. If I wanted financial sense, I would drive a boring honda sedan.

Edited by Infosecdad

Hey all those arms, definitely an air octopus. Or quadropus?

Paint it black and get the inserts from the base sedan. Also if you REALLY wanted fogs, there are plenty of projectors that would fit there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you feel the same way if yours needed a rebuild?

131k miles. ive lost count of rebuilds. It got parked May 2014. I've driven about 1100 miles with it since then. Still can't get rid of it. :(

I drive AMG vehicles every day now. Yeah they have push button exhaust note modifiers, electronic suspension, on-the-fly engine configuration, paddle-shift, twin-turbo v8, etc. Even if I had 180k plus fees, I just don't see it. They have no soul. Everything just works, but it's not like getting in a Demon. You're too coddled. Otoh, they're more noisy than fast. Handling isn't super awesome either. I'm not the target market so what do I know?

At days end, I'm super happy to fire up the wrx, and shift my own gears. Trying to find time to get the wagon out of the garage.

Probably the most addicting thing about this car. It's gonna be another decade before they really start becoming novelties.

My problem too. Do I keep it, spend more money on it...297,000 miles.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Wellp, that took a lot of cutting. No fog lights for me ever. Needed about half of the fog mounts cut off, and the majority of the extension coming off the lower scoop.

I would love to see the carnage now that it fits. Please post some pics of the bumper skin when you have a chance.

Been driving a manual, AWD, highly modified, turbo, station wagon for 9 years today :wub:

I'm driving my wagon less and putting more money into it than ever before. Whether that's smart or not is debatable, but it's just too late for me.

I don't think I've overspent on it over 9 years though either, at least not compared to having multiple cars and auto loans over that time. The car market sucks today anyway unless you're getting spendy.

Been driving a manual, AWD, highly modified, turbo, station wagon for 9 years today :wub:

I'm driving my wagon less and putting more money into it than ever before. Whether that's smart or not is debatable, but it's just too late for me.

I don't think I've overspent on it over 9 years though either, at least not compared to having multiple cars and auto loans over that time. The car market sucks today anyway unless you're getting spendy.

So my wife and I might move, and as part of that decision is what to do with the cars we have. The legacy (currently on jackstands) is coming-with no debate there. But the Taurus SHO... that is another story. Nothing wrong with it, but we think it is time for a change. In the very brief google searches of what is available in the market it gets very spendy really quick. That is unless you want a total entry level machine. You want any kind of performance, or interior luxuries and the price skyrockets.

Definitely some tough decisions everything is either a cross over, or 50K plus.

My problem too. Do I keep it, spend more money on it...297,000 miles.

I decided to keep it. 237K or so. Original motor. It will need money - paint job, rust needs to be addressed, likely new engine at some point relatively soon.

Gas tank needs to be addressed - just pulled P0442 code for evap control failure. That faint gasoline smell is working its magic.

On the other hand, getting on the road in it brings positive emotions like no other does. Plus it is getting more and more rare.

I can spread the expenses over time. Have I had a need in a daily I'd get a basic Impreza or Crosstrek with a stick.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

You want any kind of performance, or interior luxuries and the price skyrockets.

Definitely some tough decisions everything is either a cross over, or 50K plus.

Exactly. The Audi RS6 is a fantastic wagon but its auto and more importantly 120K+. I don't want to even think what the insurance rates on it will be.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K