LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Looking forward to better brake feel this year. Spent a few hours researching last night and bought an 04-07 STi brake booster and MBC to swap in. Already have Goodridge SS lines, Grimmspeed MBC brace, and fresh fluid, hoping this kills the spongy "parachute" effect. Edited by Cincy05LGT
elaboration

Looking forward to better brake feel this year. Spent a few hours researching last night and bought an 04-07 STi brake booster and MBC to swap in. Already have Goodridge SS lines, Grimmspeed MBC brace, and fresh fluid, hoping this kills the spongy "parachute" effect.

The STi booster/MC swap is the best bang for the buck mod for a LGT, you'll love it.

Didn't do anything with the car itself. But had the epoxy floor install in the garage complete in the new house, and it will match the RBP of my wagon very close.

Good looking floor there, please keep us updated how it holds up.

There is a forum for garages if you'd like to post there. Granted it doesn't get much use.

FWIW, I hopefully will finally have a garage by the end of summer.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Floor looks great! I used solvent based rustoleum epoxyshield that I topcoated with valspar clear epoxy to help protect the color flakes about 5 years ago. It's held up well, except for where I've used lots of brake clean and let it drip onto the floor. I should have known better and used cardboard and/or a metal tray under, so just somethin to keep in mind if you weren't already going to do that. Edited by apexi

UPS delivered an early birthday present for me today.. I also got a cam pulley holder and a new 19mm socket for good measure. The Aisin kit didn’t include a timing belt kickback guard spacer thing, so I’ll have to dig around for the one I got with my gates kit from the last car... the bearings are all genuine koyo and nsk... Fkn better be, this kit wasn’t cheap.

Had my wife pick up a new Subaru thermostat and water pump gasket from the stealership... $47 for a freaking thermostat!?!?!??!??!!!

Whatever... hey at least the radiator won’t fight me when I pull it out tomorrow... it’s only been in the car a month. [emoji51]

677ec1d44c50e19aa5a41d7218298206.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by evil03mustang

Looking forward to better brake feel this year. Spent a few hours researching last night and bought an 04-07 STi brake booster and MBC to swap in. Already have Goodridge SS lines, Grimmspeed MBC brace, and fresh fluid, hoping this kills the spongy "parachute" effect.

quality brake pads and tires might have a larger effect

Better than Hawk HP+ and 245 BFG Rival S?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

usually ppl do the mbc brace on 100k oem pads and crappy tires. :)

I always had mushy brakes. hawk hps don't stop well when cold. hp+ are much worse, as their working temp is over 400 degrees. Normal street driving never gets them warm enough to work properly.

Bambi decided to keep running at me instead of around me.. surreal experience watching a deer get airborne and not catch it in the windshield. Already called the insurance company, I have headlights and fenders that can be used..

And to think, I was gonna take this to Virginia for my annual April vacation...23f8d91f4aa97ed89105e05d72b5760c.jpgf1abb4ce03b1a13c2a7b5de38d25de93.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

You almost got lucky there.

I did get lucky when the deer's body cleared the passenger side in the same spot, All I got was fur. That was in my 00'GT wagon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Joined the YNANSB club. Fu$$

I'm not much for superstition but here goes....I placed an order for a new truck back in January. It arrived at the dealer yesterday and I scheduled the delivery today after lunch. I had an appointment to get my ears lowered bright and early. Fired up the 2009 LGT and off I went. Half way to the barber shop I hear some noise.....a tick actually that was reminiscent of an exhaust leak. I thought that was weird. A cple corners later and now I hear a knock but oddly enough it would come and go. At times the car sounded fine. Got my hair did.....back in the car and it's ticking now full time. Get home just fine and check the oil for the second time today.....yes....before I left early in the AM I performed the weekly check and it was fine. Mind you this car has 74k miles and does not consume oil. I check it once a week regardless. Let it sit while make some stops in the Durango. Start it up a while later and now it is full on knocking, ticking.....sounds horrible. FML.

Sorry for the rant here but this car knew that a new truck was coming home today and it gave me the mile high middle finger. And for the record I drove this car like a grandpa and took very good care of it.

Sale or part out thread soon. 2009 LGT/5EAT. Clean.

New ride.....

73159cf950e4140cd1c54aa73f50197c.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Timing belt and water pump went on without any issues. Stupid me forgot the crank bolt is 7/8 and not 19mm. Whatever.

Probably need new hoses soon, but other than that it’s business as usual.

Timing belt and water pump went on without any issues. Stupid me forgot the crank bolt is 7/8 and not 19mm. Whatever.

Probably need new hoses soon, but other than that it’s business as usual.

It's 22mm but 7/8" should work.

I'm not much for superstition but here goes....I placed an order for a new truck back in January. It arrived at the dealer yesterday and I scheduled the delivery today after lunch. I had an appointment to get my ears lowered bright and early. Fired up the 2009 LGT and off I went. Half way to the barber shop I hear some noise.....a tick actually that was reminiscent of an exhaust leak. I thought that was weird. A cple corners later and now I hear a knock but oddly enough it would come and go. At times the car sounded fine. Got my hair did.....back in the car and it's ticking now full time. Get home just fine and check the oil for the second time today.....yes....before I left early in the AM I performed the weekly check and it was fine. Mind you this car has 74k miles and does not consume oil. I check it once a week regardless. Let it sit while make some stops in the Durango. Start it up a while later and now it is full on knocking, ticking.....sounds horrible. FML.

Sorry for the rant here but this car knew that a new truck was coming home today and it gave me the mile high middle finger. And for the record I drove this car like a grandpa and took very good care of it.

New ride.....

Timing belt tensioner? Glitter in oil?

Bambi decided to keep running at me instead of around me.. surreal experience watching a deer get airborne and not catch it in the windshield. Already called the insurance company, I have headlights and fenders that can be used..

And to think, I was gonna take this to Virginia for my annual April vacation...23f8d91f4aa97ed89105e05d72b5760c.jpgf1abb4ce03b1a13c2a7b5de38d25de93.jpg

That's gotta be one of the smallest deer hits I've ever seen.

The worst they had to send home the poor wash kid because he kept vomiting.

No glitter. Let's hope but would the tick be there. The car sounds baaad. I'm disgusted. Kinda ruined my new truck day cuz I care about that damn car......thanks to you guys!

@Max Capacity @Nonamedude

I literally watched the deer leave the woods, run towards me, collide, get airborne, ran over a leg, and watched it run BACK to the woods from which it came..

So, in form of the thread, I removed my necessities from the car and put them into the rental for vacation. I still haven't got the gumption to open the hood.

New ride.....

Damn, that would definitely ruin new truck day for me! Hopefully you get some good news.

That's a pretty sharp looking 5th gen, they're starting to grow on me, but I'm still in love with my 4th gen. Actually on my 3rd engine with my 05 OBXT, which spurred the purchase of the truck.

2cffff46b66835b2f877394c96f9c622.jpg

Edit just noticed it was a 2500, so I guess a 4.5 gen? Lol

Damn, that would definitely ruin new truck day for me! Hopefully you get some good news.

That's a pretty sharp looking 5th gen, they're starting to grow on me, but I'm still in love with my 4th gen. Actually on my 3rd engine with my 05 OBXT, which spurred the purchase of the truck.

2cffff46b66835b2f877394c96f9c622.jpg

Edit just noticed it was a 2500, so I guess a 4.5 gen? Lol

Indeed it is a 4.5 gen. Good call!

Legacy @ 379,041 miles today

Put my RE760 Sports on last week - and the rears ( which I had intended to move up to the front ) were nearly shot (so much for post-removal inspection!)... so they stayed on the back while I figured out my next move.

Trying out a set of Firestone Indy 500's... have always loved the Bridgestone product line - the RE's - except for the RE92 - but have enjoyed - mostly on my other cars - various Pole Position models, Blizzacks, and the RE71R's... wow... but the RE760 Sport was a great tire for this particular application, but is no longer available. Bridgestone purchased Firestone some time back - and I"m hoping that some of their technology is shared in house... and while the Indy 500 name is a little cheesy - to me - the tires seem pretty good - and the price was right...

466336061_379041miles041821.jpg.6488fae4bd4443e798ca38f4833d6887.jpg

Edited by STX 195

Thought the same thing, check the tensioner before calling it YNANSB. Especially if no glitter in oil.

Cars are like women, I've said it many times....

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Thought the same thing, check the tensioner before calling it YNANSB. Especially if no glitter in oil.

Cars are like women, I've said it many times....

I may have posted out of haste. I will tear into it this week and follow up.

Edited by whitexc