LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

As of today, I am two OCV's and one Turbine2 sensor away from enjoying total mechanical salvation!

OCV's are in so now it's down to the Turbine 2 sensor.

I got to talking with a neighbor up the street from me this morning. Turns out he has a lift and is open to putting my car up so I can pull the valve body.

This is all falling into place perfectly!

“Spring refresh” is complete. Started with floor mats, and quickly mushroomed from there. My cockpit carpet was torn up from PO’s ski boots, always annoyed me, found one on the fs thread for a steal. As she sits now:

Headlights restored/lamin-x’d

Foglights-one replaced, both yellow film’d

Grill replaced- JDM black mesh and surround w/STI badge

Battery terminal/grounds cleaned up

JDM double din hvac panels+ hazard

Head unit replaced w Pioneer AVH 310EX dvd

Ballistic sound deadening- 4xdoors, rear spare well and cargo area

Hertz CX 165 6.5” speakers all round

Weather stripping repl’d on all doors

Backup camera

LED swap on all puddle and interior lights

New-to-me black carpet

Subaru rubber floor mats

New battery tray, tie rods, and tie down in the mail, battery itself up next

Last but not least, will have time when I run out for my first vax dose to plug in the anxiety port and finally get off the base map tune. Whew!

Do I need to mention what a bad influence you guys are?:D

Edited by Kojak

“Spring refresh” is complete. Started with floor mats, and quickly mushroomed from there. My cockpit carpet was torn up from PO’s ski boots, always annoyed me, found one on the fs thread for a steal. As she sits now:

Headlights restored/lamin-x’d

Foglights-one replaced, both yellow film’d

Grill replaced- JDM black mesh and surround w/STI badge

Battery terminal/grounds cleaned up

JDM double din hvac panels+ hazard

Head unit replaced w Pioneer AVH 310EX dvd

Ballistic sound deadening- 4xdoors, rear spare well and cargo area

Hertz CX 165 6.5” speakers all round

Weather stripping repl’d on all doors

Backup camera

LED swap on all puddle and interior lights

New-to-me black carpet

Subaru rubber floor mats

New battery tray, tie rods, and tie down in the mail, battery itself up next

Last but not least, will have time when I run out for my first vax dose to plug in the anxiety port and finally get off the base map tune. Whew!

Do I need to mention what a bad influence you guys are?:D

Let me know what you think of those Hertz speakers. I am going to upgrade my set up sooner than later.

Can do, SoCal. Wired for five channel amp and sub but didn’t pull the trigger yet. Gonna play with the eq settings some more today to fine tune. Sound pretty clean with the power they have now but I’m sure it won’t be long before I want a bit more punch. Then again, anything would be better than the 15 yo blown factory setup.

9a26ac68019bb541f8e47d080aad9c33.jpg

Cobb short shifter installed on the 6MT

Spec-B Cobb shifter, Spec-B linkages, Spec-B reverse cable with 2007 STI 6MT

I have that Perrin reverse lockout handle waiting to be installed to check if it fixes the rattle with my Cobb STS. One of these days.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Can do, SoCal. Wired for five channel amp and sub but didn’t pull the trigger yet. Gonna play with the eq settings some more today to fine tune. Sound pretty clean with the power they have now but I’m sure it won’t be long before I want a bit more punch. Then again, anything would be better than the 15 yo blown factory setup.

Yeah definitely, those old speakers are far from top quality.

I have my car wired for 7 channels. 4 channels up front for the component speakers active cross over setup. 2 channels for the rear coaxial speakers, and the last channel for the subwoofer. I am thinking about running an audiocontrol DM 810 signal processor. I haven't decided on the power amps yet. I have a 12" JL W3 I need to have re-coned, but I might switch to a pair of 8" Sundown Audio subs for the low end.

Boozer, I got mine from mSprank’s parted out spec b on the fs thread here. Am wondering myself if the part no. is different for wagon/sedan back doors. So long answer, no I don’t have catalog numbers but will be checking up on em.

Do you have the part numbers for this?

I'd love to do this if there's any sort of guide or notes you took from.

Try

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2007_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5MT-4WD-GT-Limited-Wagon/_51505_6030811/WEATHER-STRIP-WEATHER-STRIP/B13-901-01.html

It's '07 GT wagon, but if you look at the individual strips they appear to list legacy sedan/wagon for '05-09. I know the outback is the same as the wagon as I have my LGT wagon has them from a donor outback.

https://www.subaruparts.com/v-2007-subaru-legacy--gt-limited--2-5l-h4-gas/body--door-and-components

Was just gonna follow up with this link, guess I timed out. The ones I did were the “door weather strip”, item 8 on this page. On Infosecdad’s linked page they’re called “door seal”.

#5 from your link (belt weather strips) are the pieces I want to replace the most, and I'm pretty sure the wagon's are different for the rear doors, but I'll find them from there and thanks fellas

Edited by BoozeRS05

#5 from your link (belt weather strips) are the pieces I want to replace the most, and I'm pretty sure the wagon's are different for the rear doors, but I'll find them from there and thanks fellas

FWIW, I replaced both wagon rear door belt strips many year ago. They are easy, I'm sure I posted about doing that, I think it was back in 2007 or so.

Last Fall I used a spray can of Plastic Coat to paint the passenger side front door belt strip as the OEM coating had flaked off. I'll be doing the drivers side soon.

I went to the local junkyard to see if I could find a replacement but all the ones there had the same issue as my drivers door belt strip, the plastic bracket at the rear edge has cracked. Just can't see spending $62.00 to buy a new one for a 17y/o car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I went to the local junkyard to see if I could find a replacement but all the ones there had the same issue as my drivers door belt strip, the plastic bracket at the rear edge has cracked. Just can't see spending $62.00 to buy a new one for a 17y/o car.

The simple ability to do so would be the reason why I would do it LOL...

damn what I would give to be able to buy ANYTHING for my 25yr old Beretta from GM anymore... There isn't jack shit available for those cars... it's a JY supply or nothing.

Today on WTF else can I take apart to prevent me from driving this car....

I fixed the halfassed pin install on the steering wheel controls that came in this car. Used donor pins from my 07 so they clip in correctly, no superglue for me.

Now to just complete the run from the steering wheel down to the radio.

d58c3ca792afc3dd284089a699eea831.jpg

Also made my own aux harness that will tie into the stock plug under the center console and hook up like the factory 07 did. Thankfully there are more than 4 empty pins on those plugs.

f8b933a79bf61a81c4f6f2553f441b9b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Today on WTF else can I take apart to prevent me from driving this car....

I fixed the halfassed pin install on the steering wheel controls that came in this car. Used donor pins from my 07 so they clip in correctly, no superglue for me.

Now to just complete the run from the steering wheel down to the radio.

d58c3ca792afc3dd284089a699eea831.jpg

Also made my own aux harness that will tie into the stock plug under the center console and hook up like the factory 07 did. Thankfully there are more than 4 empty pins on those plugs.

f8b933a79bf61a81c4f6f2553f441b9b.jpg

I am working this exact same project right now, I should be getting the pins in the mail later today. I just need to order a new airbag unit for the 2008+ wheel. That white plug under the dash has empty slots for wires, but if you have some wires jammed in there then you have other issues to deal with.

Side note the terminals for this mod are only a few bucks, I got new connectors and extra pins for about $14, and $5 of that was shipping.... All you need is a crimper some heat shrink and wire cutters to do this update. Although I might have to redo this later, my wheel has the bluetooth controls and the Sport sharp button, to make this work you need the 2011+ clock spring, which means reverting back to the original connector.

Sooo... car feels really floaty and weird above 110mph.

Shocks? The ‘06 didn’t do that.

Should I just swap in specB struts and call it a day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many questions...

how old are the tires ?

what shape are all the bushing in, on the front and rear suspension ?

how old are the struts ?

are the ball joints in good shape ?

Are these snow tires or summer tires ?

May be you should start your own thread so its easier to find the results in one place.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Don't forget to swap your VIN when you swap dashes... Man this is so friggen weird to me...

Most VIN's under the windshield are riveted to the body structure not the removable dash.

Yes I realize there is a huge stamped vin on the firewall but still... 90% of VIN checks the start by looking at the windshield one.

0628a7d193e3e27302d7f96fe5fc7fb8.jpg

Don't forget to swap your VIN when you swap dashes... Man this is so friggen weird to me...

Most VIN's under the windshield are riveted to the body structure not the removable dash.

Yeah, I didn't realize when I swapped a dash. But I did manage to catch it before my old one when to the dump so I have my VIN plate. Just need to pull the dash again sometime over the summer to fix the rattle and replace that plate.

Yeah, I didn't realize when I swapped a dash. But I did manage to catch it before my old one when to the dump so I have my VIN plate. Just need to pull the dash again sometime over the summer to fix the rattle and replace that plate.

How quick will it take this time around?

How quick will it take this time around?

Good question... there's probably a reason that I haven't done it in the last year...

I also need my windshield replaced and I considered trying to drill/re-rivet the plate while the windshield is off.

I would guess it would probably take me 2-3hrs all told to do it.