LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

What’s worse than pulling the tranny down and come to find out your South Bend clutch is not the correct application DOH!!!

9d0426996ef598c8e6a46d7b6d538776.jpg

Also found out after talking with a South Bend rep, there rated torque is to the crank not the wheels, so the stage 2 daily had no chance with my 376 tq as it’s rated 315 crank. He talked me into the stage 3 Endurance and gave me invoice pricing under a grand woot woot. But cars gotta sleep up in the air till next week :(

Glad to hear that's what the problem was and not something worse. Probably means I should change out my stage 2 endurance bookmark for a stage 3 endurance bookmark...

edit: no future mod plans expressed or implied there, just hedging my bets.

Picked up my car from the shop. They did a nice job. Struggled with that pin though ($). Things are nice and tight. Still getting used to the shifter. This is the tightest shifter I ever drove so sometimes I feel like the gear did not engage while it did. I am sure I will get used to it.

RSB - although I am feeling an improvement I cannot say it is dramatic to a point I don't recognize my car. Maybe I need to push it a little more. But things are pretty slick out there right now.

Dropped it off at a local shop. Installing

- Whiteline RSB

- Boomba SSP

- Perrin Bushing

- Perrin Stop

I initially had Hawk HPS 5.0 all around, couldn't stand the squeal and dust, swapped the fronts to Carbotech AX6 for my track day, never bothered to swap them back out after, and their squeal and dust were even worse, although the dust sprays off really easy. At this point, I just wanted something quiet.

Swapped all four corners to Akebono ceramic pads. Just so sick of the squeal and dust and don't need super aggressive pads for the winter.

I'm running Akebono ceramics in the front. Put those in when I did my front brakes and painted the calipers recently. Very happy with them for daily use.

After spending some more time on forums, about to pull a trigger on:

- Centric Premium Brake Rotors

- Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads

- Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines

- ATE TYP200 Brake Fluid - 1L

- Permatex 24125 Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts Lubricant, 8 oz.

There goes another $490. Plus install at the shop. How do I block this site?

After spending some more time on forums, about to pull a trigger on:

- Centric Premium Brake Rotors

- Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads

- Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines

- ATE TYP200 Brake Fluid - 1L

- Permatex 24125 Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts Lubricant, 8 oz.

There goes another $490. Plus install at the shop. How do I block this site?

You got off easy, you didnt end up buying Brembos. :p

wrxwhit what do you have for your suspension? (springs/struts)

Looks like Koni assembly, but when I search for 2010 LGT, koni website they only show shocks.

The konis are off the late model wrx with oem top hats and 3.6r h&r lowering springs. Ride quality is perfect in Massachusetts!!

So didn’t realize that the stage 3 endurance South Bend comes with the flywheel as it just arrived today.... looks nice!!

7fbd00af9b41c0341d3919d65f30919d.jpgfb960c689ff7941bbee2c891555fd5e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So didn’t realize that the stage 3 endurance South Bend comes with the flywheel as it just arrived today.... looks nice!!

whats up whit! I didn't see a flywheel listed for it. Also curious to hear how it feels vs the stage 2 clutch

EDIT: nevermind on the clutch link, found the one with flywheel: https://www.southbendclutch.com/clutches/FJK1001FW-SS-TZ-11552/

Edited by Zee199969

Oh wow, so I assume it’s a lighter flywheel. I had no clue when I phoned in the order lol!! Also got dealer pricing and paid $950 not $1237. Well, got an oem flywheel I need to sell, not returning it

A good read

https://www.torquecars.com/tuning/dmf-solid-flywheel.php

Edited by wrxwhit

Oh wow, so I assume it’s a lighter flywheel. I had no clue when I phoned in the order lol!! Also got dealer pricing and paid $950 not $1237. Well, got an oem flywheel I need to sell, not returning it

A good read

https://www.torquecars.com/tuning/dmf-solid-flywheel.php

Flywheel on 5th gen is single mass anyway so a new flywheel for you. I just had mine resurfaced when I did my clutch.

Are aFe cold air intakes worth the money? I currently have a K&N filter but was thinking about ordering one
Avoid at all costs. Keep the intake system stock, down to the paper filter element, or at most do a non-oiled drop-in such as AEM Dryflow, Cosworth, Amsoil EaO Nanofiber, etc.

This has been discussed at lenght even fairly recently. Search the forum for intake info, intake resonance, MAF spikes, MAF instability, IAT inaccuracy, heatsoak, Load error, etc.

Are aFe cold air intakes worth the money? I currently have a K&N filter but was thinking about ordering one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/aFe-TR-4303P-Takeda-2010-2011-H4-2-5L/dp/B004WNJYC6/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1542699280&sr=1-1&keywords=TR-4303P

No, air intake change the MAF calibration and often make the car slower unless tuned for the air intake change.

It has been going down to "freezing" 0C/32F the last few nights and there is supposed to be a storm coming in tonight ....so....time to put on the winter wheels and tires

:( I have been waiting for the call to go in for hip replacement surgery so I can assure you hunkering down and swapping rims was not a lot of fun!!

Then as an extra bonus, when I went to reset the tire pressure, my little air compressor crapped out and I had to go find a gas station with an air pump:spin:

On the bright side, while I was pumping air into my snow tires....a guy drives up in a Pontiac Sunfire and wants to know what the name of the color is on my Legacy... he had me repeat it a number of times and then wrote it down in a note book.......Says he likes it so much he is going get his Sunfire painted the same color?? Who knows? A decent paint job is worth more than his car, but it took some of the sting outta my sore hip and crapped out compressor ....Oh well...off to the auto parts store tomorrow ;)