LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V2

^yeah I probably will. I'll post the link here once the fun begins.

Didn't you say not long ago you bought a kit from him?

I got a pair of 3/8" nose dive spacers for the front struts. For whatever reason my car has a bit of a raked stance so I'm going to use them to level it out for now. But I'm still kicking around the idea of going with the full 2" down the road.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/E5D478BF-A1B8-450F-945F-3924C4BB3DFF.jpg

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/36A9A66E-C9E8-4EEA-BD4A-8DC56B981E56.jpg

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/6595D802-CBCB-4204-B762-EF78CE83CC32.jpg

Finally discovered yesterday why the diode dynamics XP80 front turn signal blew fuses whenever I switched the PL on or the flasher (depending on polarity of the bulb which lead me to think something was wrong).

The 4th gen Leg and 3rd gen outback use the 3157 CK socket type bulb instead of the standard 3157.

Thanks to this thread : http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/led-front-turn-signals-walkthrough-92374.html

post #10-11

FYI, if you want front turn signal LED bulb from DD, its either the XP11, XP48 or the switchback XP24 (all 3 CK compatible)

led-car-bulb-CK-wiring.jpg.b5eb0fcbce3c5070924630f8e440f810.jpg

Installed some 9011 HIR bulbs in the high beams. MUCH better than stock. Granted, the stock bulbs had some brownish discoloration on them... :iam:

Anyhow, highly recommended!

This, in conjucntion with Osram Rally bulbs in the low beams, was one of the best upgrades I did.

I finally installed my TransGo VB mod kit... much scarier undertaking than assembling a longblock. :lol:

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Finally discovered yesterday why the diode dynamics XP80 front turn signal blew fuses whenever I switched the PL on or the flasher (depending on polarity of the bulb which lead me to think something was wrong).

The 4th gen Leg and 3rd gen outback use the 3157 CK socket type bulb instead of the standard 3157.

Thanks to this thread : http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/led-front-turn-signals-walkthrough-92374.html

post #10-11

FYI, if you want front turn signal LED bulb from DD, its either the XP11, XP48 or the switchback XP24 (all 3 CK compatible)

Holy cow! You're telling me that there are two different bulbs that will fit in the same connector but are wired differently and only have an extra letter or two different in the description?!? :D That's kind of a big deal! Thanks for the tip.

We would like to reach out and thank every customer for making 2016 finish off great.

The holidays are a time to slow down and spend time with those who matter most as well as reflect on what we have and be greatful.

Thanks and heres to an amazing 2017 from the Cryotune Performance team!

IMG_20161224_123826_953.thumb.jpg.6d68bb5fff80e1ee7065eef401d61b8a.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Thanks. I used a kit from Turtle Wax and my cheapie rotary buffer. Took more time to tape off the fender with blue painter's tape than actual buffing. The kit only comes with a disposable "wipe" for applying UV protectant so I need to look for another option as I have enough polishing liquid for dozens of applications. I didn't think of taking a before picture! It was fairly bad but not awful. I'll look through my pics to see if I have anything useful.

post #10-11

Thanks for this! I tried to install some LEDs in my JDM headlights and kept blowing fuses because I was using an adapter that worked with standard 3157.

I have my appointment for next Thursday for install and tune at GST Motorsports.

These are the new parts that I'm getting installed:

Blouch DOM1.5XTR

Cobb SF intake and box

Perrin Turbo Inlet

Grimmspeed Turbo to TMIC hose

IAG fuel rails

IAG fuel lines with STi FPR

Thanks. I used a kit from Turtle Wax and my cheapie rotary buffer. Took more time to tape off the fender with blue painter's tape than actual buffing. The kit only comes with a disposable "wipe" for applying UV protectant so I need to look for another option as I have enough polishing liquid for dozens of applications. I didn't think of taking a before picture! It was fairly bad but not awful. I'll look through my pics to see if I have anything useful.

Looks good! I've used that kit on the past with good results for a few months...then the haze returns. The cheap disposable wipe didnt cut it. I suggest using a couple clear coats of rattle can paint that's uv resistant and non-yellowing. I'm pretty sure I used duplicolor and the haze hasn't returned yet and it's been a year at least

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archived