LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V2

I'm literally in the middle of swapping to Lgt brakes. The rear is set but the fronts didn't come with the braket for the pads. I had to reorder and leave my car at the shop. Luckily my friend that owns the shop lent me his 2016 street glide. Talk about a good friend.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks guys. Yeah, so planning so far to install LGT size rotors. So I'll most likely get some LGT calipers and pads. Which brand and type of pads do you advise then that are too expensive but yet provide a good bite? I don't really care if these shed lots of dust btw.

Hawk HPS 5.0 are what I've been running. It's a love/hate relationship. They're okay, but unless you get into them every so often, they glaze easy. Pretty dusty and a bit squeaky at times, but like you said, who cares. They feel better than the average pad thanks to the fact that they'll grip more as they heat up... to a point. Past that point they're just as useless as any faded pad.

Keep in mind how heavy an Outback is, as that plays a lot into it as well. Our wagons will most certainly tax pads more than an LGT sedan will. I don't even consider stock OBXT brakes an option for performance applications. Get the LGT calipers/brackets, centric cryo rotors, synthetic fluid, and some good pads.

My personal recommendation would be DS2500's, but they cost a pretty penny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

I'll second the 5.0s dusting heavily. Currently just the fronts (LGT swapped), rears going in with the rear susp overhaul on LGT rear stuff. They seem fine, although I haven't pushed them anywhere near as hard as my current or previous autox cars.

Unobtanium Spec B rear axles landed today. :)

Redid all my gauges and LC1 inboard wiring since the asshat at the dealership who did my airbag recall had cut all my wires since they "interfered" with his work! I even took the time to unplug everything before the appointment.

At least they could have told me so instead of "hiding" it[emoji35]

Redid all my gauges and LC1 inboard wiring since the asshat at the dealership who did my airbag recall had cut all my wires since they "interfered" with his work! I even took the time to unplug everything before the appointment.

Dang, that sucks!

When I had the airbag recall done, shortly after I dropped it off, I received a call stating that the job was going to take longer than estimated due to my gauges in the cubby.

Got it back with everything still working properly and the tech told me he replaced a couple connectors that were incorrectly done before.

I was pleasantly surprised.

that sucks.

Im in my dealership a lot for parts for people. Last time the Service Manager gave me the dealer laptop and told me to go hunting for the air bag issue I am having. (light on, no code, not upper center console) Of course I looked through everything else. ha.

But I still voiced concern over my gauges when I bring it in for the recall. And I'm requesting a tech that I know there to do the work. I'll probably uninstall my vent gauge, but those center gauges should be really easy to just unplug from the gauge.

Have you checked/reflowed the solder joints on the overhead resistors? For the airbag light...

Yes. And I swapped my wife's panel in from her '06 OB 2.5i. He said the next step in his manual is to replace the body harness. haha nope. I did have the entire interior apart right when I got it. But I don't think I messed up any of the wiring harness. My next step is likely to get some new carpet for the car and go through everything I touched. That's the whole reason I pulled the interior last time....but carpet was not available and I just wanted it running. I do not recall if the light was already on in the 2 days the car was running after purchase. If I don't find any obvious issues, I'll probably put resistors in the seat air bag wiring to eliminate a seat issue. Ive also had the dash out twice But again, I've been over all of the airbag related wiring and I think it's good.

the weird thing about mine is that there are no codes. Was hoping to at least narrow down the search.

Havent scanned the system for those codes, no CEL/codes.

Also, over the weekend:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161122/3a138c6e9ab1873198114e5b831a1a26.jpg

I did a test fit of the new summer wheels. Still need get OB sized rubber for them. Leaning toward 235/45/18 to reduce the rubbage potential.

BBS RC 18x7.5 et38 VW fitment. Got proper ball seat lug nuts for them and replaced the VW centercaps with genuine BBS ones. We will see how much fender massaging will be required. I'm on a stock LGT suspension.

635261776_bbsrctestfit.thumb.jpg.7a9c245adbd3a6f143519f7582a33237.jpg

Thanks. I'm a long time "VW guy" and the RCs have always been a favorite. They look good without the caps but even classier with them I think. These had been plastidipped Anthracite but it was starting to come off. Two are perfect and two have a little bit of curbage so I'll be refinishing them. I have all winter to work on them!

Will need to know where you did that. Not removing anything means GS intercooler and STI style turbo should be fine. Pretty cool.

Or Maddad downpipe, or KillerB Holy Header, or IAG TGV deletes, or Company23 ECBS, or GST tune....

Cross posting from the WDYDTY4GLGT thread, but I know some of you here don't visit there too often. Here's the carnage from my 5EAT center diff explosion. I drained 17 teeth out of the trans pan, and the diff has pretty much become one piece with the input shaft. There's maybe 15 teeth, between all four planet gears, that aren't damaged. It looks horrible, but when you consider the fact that this automatic trans has seen: 95k mile OCI's(not my doing!), three engines, three dyno days, auto-x, and power levels up to 300+hp... and still lasted almost 220,000 miles. That's really not bad for a heavy AWD turbo wagon, kind of impressive really.

31230671331_9e631a93c4_b.jpg

30538020433_a770b080f9_b.jpg

30538020343_5edc50cd48_b.jpg

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Will need to know where you did that. Not removing anything means GS intercooler and STI style turbo should be fine. Pretty cool.

I got my car smogged yesterday.

Not that I have anything to hide really (Stage 1, catless up pipe), but all they did was plug into the car's OBD port and 10 minutes later they were done. Didn't even pop my hood.

Archived