LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V2

I bought 2 each of these Murray Dual Bead Super sealing clamps. Not sure if the ebay item # is still valid, assume it is?

I was replacing few other clamps in the engine bay as well so you'll have to measure to see what you need. Lots of options for sizes so I just picked something that was going to be in the sweet spot of the range, but leaning a bit towards the shorter side so I wouldn't have tons of tail.

1-3/16" to 2-1/8" item #182212863227

2-7/16" to 3-3/8" item #182212953476

1-11/16" to 2-5/8" item #182212886870

I replaced the hose clamp on the cobra hose today (TMIC to throttle body).

It came with a Breeze 2 9/16” - 3 1/2” clamp and I replaced it with equivalent Murray Dual Bead Super Sealing clamp.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F182212953476

h3v16rK_d.jpg?maxwidth=2560&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rev9-For-Legacy-07-09-BL-BP-EJ25-GT-Silicone-Turbo-Inlet-Intake-Hose-Black-/352154911217?hash=item51fe1181f1

Note that this specific listing if for the 07-09. The 05-06 has a different placement for the bypass valve return hole. But assuming you get the one that matches up with your car, it's WAY easier to install than an OEM replacement. And it's only $90 shipped!

I actually bought the OEM one. Man, this silicone one is the same price!

Any tips/tricks for the install?

Went ahead and changed my inlet hose with a new OEM one. Was able to do it without removing/loosening the manifold.

What I removed to facilitate the process:

-removed TMIC

-stock boost controller

-loosened the metal bracket found next to it

-disconnected and pushed to the side one of the crankcase breather hoses

-removed the hard plastic cranckase breathing tube (found along the rear of the intake manifold below some wiring).

I think that's about it. Still took a while to do though. So far, so good.

Good deal. Next time it will take even less time. Still have a perrin laying around for an emergency swap. Prefer stock due to the differences for the universal fitment mostly for working around the airpump not present on the 05/06 MY. It's fiddly but as you can see it's possible without taking the intake off.

Yeah puke fest indeed. The PCV hose connection is not my idea of a good seal with that connector/o ring. Last one I replaced was because I pushed on the head vent crossover inlet to hard and and ripped it, always try to at minimum tie wrap all of these connections.

I'm running a hose clamp on the BOV inlet.

Running my third at this point after that mishap and the first blowing out the rubber to plastic at the turbo side.

Archived