LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V2

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So manly pistons in a V3 or V4 Outfront Motorsports case? What Rods and Crank in there?

IAG machined block

Manley I-Beam Rods w/ arp 625+ bolts

STi Crank

Damn, Ben. That looks like a serious block, buddy.

Yeahhhh, should be good for any future plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got an alignment today! I put on the Legacy suspension a few months ago and ran out of time to press in the WL camber kit on the rear upper control arms. It looks like it could use them so I'll need to get on that. I was having severe ghostwalking on ice/snow and knew I had a rear toe problem. Sure enough, both rear wheels were WAY toe'd in. They were able to get it pretty close to zero. It seems better now but will have to take it down some bumpy roads I know and/or wait until we finally get some more snow to tell for sure.

damn.

looks like a leak in the intake somewhere. nothing obvious. my turbo intake tube probably gave up the ghost. that thing looks something terrible, with all it's exposure to oil (or at least that's what i'm assuming it all is).

took forever to start it today in the driveway. drove around logging it till after warmed up. then parked it and took the wife's old car (that i've been trying to sell) to work. only to see that the registration expired last july. now to figure out if the wife just never put on the stickers (and lost them) or really never re-registered it. we didn't buy the new car till a few months after that either.

:spin:

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

damn.

looks like a leak in the intake somewhere. nothing obvious. my turbo intake tube probably gave up the ghost. that thing looks something terrible, with all it's exposure to oil (or at least that's what i'm assuming it all is).

:spin:

Stupid question, did you check your intake box, mine came loose / I didn't connect it back right and air was coming in on the other side of the MAF.

Or it's your turbo intake :D. Good time to do TGV deletes + silicon intake.

Stupid question, did you check your intake box, mine came loose / I didn't connect it back right and air was coming in on the other side of the MAF.

Or it's your turbo intake :D. Good time to do TGV deletes + silicon intake.

yeah, was thinking that maybe i'll take it in and get some services taken care of under the "guise" of needing something fixed.

get a compression/leakdown done, get the source of the leak found/fixed, maybe get the JDM TGV's installed... (although i'm not sure how the manifold will go back on... :spin:)

and the wife will just think it's all for the car not running right, rather than mods. :)

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

noticed my back up lights were no longer working yesterday. Suspected a damaged wire close to the right wire loom/rubber sleeve above the trunk. Yep that was it. Found two additional wires that were about to get cut. Fixed these as well. backup lights now work as well as the rear windshield wiper.

Wagon owners, it is just a matter of time until you'll suffer from this.

Do you recall which cylinder this one came from?

Either 2 or 4, they got a bit scrambled up after they were removed.

This is from the old motor I hope!

Haha, yeah! Grabbed this one for a souvenir.

Now I just need to decide what I want to do with my old SB. It has 50k on it, but was bored out for 100mm Weisco pistons.

100mm Weisco Pistons

Manley H-Beam Rods

ARP Rod Bolts (assuming the 2000s)

STi Heat Treated Crank

Might see about getting it disassembled, cleaned, sleeved and re-built as an insurance policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived