LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V2

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm picking up my JDM bumper from the body shop tomorrow and trying to decide which trim piece I want to use. I'm leaning towards the black rubber one.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/59D78CC6-054B-46F8-A8D7-E6D4B6F117E9.jpg

You can also see how much deeper the USDM bumper is.

Black rubber is definitely the choice I'm going with for my JDM rear bumper but I realized after getting my bumper back from paint and looking through the digital copy of the OEM Legacy Accessories booklet I have that the two that pieces I have are for the Legacy and the Outback one is wider covering all the way to the edge of the bumper. I've seen a few on Yahoo Japan Auctions in the $75-$80 range with no shipping included but for a piece of rubber a new one from Partsouq ($122) made a lot of sense.

Oil change at 3k miles. Left the filter in place because I didn't feel like removing my skid plate. I have the larger Tokyo roki filter so I am assuming it's fine. I'll change it at 6k miles.

Also removed my Nameless performance 5 inch mufflers. I enjoyed them while they were on, wife and 9 week old son, not as much. If they were 7 inch, I think they would have been perfect. I also realized, I don't really like the sound of unequal length headers.

Yesterday went ahead and installed my DD amber front turn signals LED bulbs.

Started with driver side : blinked but wouldn't light as parking light.

Installed flasher relay + passenger side and started blowing fuses...Rotated the bulb ... more blown fuses

Went back to halogens since I was running short of spare fuses.

Contacted diode dynamics and they are sending a replacement bulb.

Now my FL parking light doesn't work but blinks :spin::confused:

Today I installed my Xenon Depot xtrem HID kit I bought at the black friday.

Installation was pretty straight foward. Biggest pain was how to tuck/secure all the wirings/ballasts without looking a complete mess under the hood.

At least I didn't screw up on this !! :redface:

Today I installed my Xenon Depot xtrem HID kit I bought at the black friday.

Installation was pretty straight foward. Biggest pain was how to tuck/secure all the wirings/ballasts without looking a complete mess under the hood.

At least I didn't screw up on this !! :redface:

I tried to install a HID kit a few months ago. Failed hard, every time I turned on the I blew a fuse. I called DD to ask what I was doing wrong and they were super unhelpful in installation instructions. This led to the kit melting somehow when I turned it on (pop and smoke) But they did take the kit back, which was good.

I think it was the ground wire (tried to attach it to the body of my car) that caused the kit to explode.

Maybe at some point I'll do a retrofit.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am doing. I just follow directions.

Maybe at some point I'll do a retrofit.

Do it! Get the entire kit from TRS: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-retrofit-kits/morimoto-retroquik-subaru-legacy.html

As long as you're comfortable opening the headlights, it's a really easy install and the light output is a huge upgrade. And make sure you ground ballasts properly ;)

Just bought a 2" inch lift kit from ADF, new spec b front top hats, and a week ago got my BTS kit. :spin:

Wallet is hurting, but can't wait to install all of that stuff. Maybe I should create a thread with pics to document these mods.

Yes, please do. I keep going back and forth with the idea of adding the ADF 2" lift on my OB.

Archived